Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Unit Reaction File?
posted 14 August 2011 03:46 AM EDT (US)   
Where is it? I looked inside the Sound file directory and still cannot find the Unit sounds. I would like to delete them in order to get rid of the EVER so annoying "yes? right? sure? yes? right? let's go." sounds whenever I click on a unit!!!! Grrrr. Please help ;_;
Replies:
posted 15 August 2011 03:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Okay. This is quite simple once you get it. Since I don't have an aom in front of me to refer to, this may sound a little confusing, but ill do my best.

You need AoMED.

You want to do "Set input data file" and locate the "sound.bar"s file/s in the sound directory of aom. (c/programfiles/microsoft games/aom/sound is the default. I would reccomend copying these to another folder and extract (set input data file) from there. If you have aom, extract the sounds.bar. If you have titans, extract sounds2.bar. Once the sounds are extracted, there are several ways you can go about getting rid of the acknowledge responses. (you wanna look for sounds that have the word acknowledge or move in them. youll figure it out)

1. Get several blank sounds and rename them to all of the acknowledge sounds. (which is very long work and is not the most realistic thing to do.)

2. Delete all the acknowledge sounds and make your own bar file with some program (i forget, maybe another forumer can tell you) with the removed acknowledge sounds.

3. Locate the soundset.xml and soundsetxpack.xml (i think they're named that. like i said, i dont have an aom in front of me right now.) and simply redirect the registery to play another blank sound OR just delete the lines of code altogether. You should be able to open the xml in notepad, edit it, save it as an xml, and use aomed to convert and replace it with the xmb. (the xmb you cant edit but the xml you can. You would use "Direct file conversion" for that.)

I know this is all really confusing but by leaving out some steps and info im encouraging you to learn for yourself what to do, and get it to stick with you. I'm aiming to help you help yourself.

Persoanlly, I would go with option 3.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Unit Reaction File?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames