Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Can't Launch AoM on Windows 10
posted 30 August 2015 02:01 AM EDT (US)   
I just upgraded to Windows 10. All of my other Enssemble Studios game work just fine. However, when I ran the AoM .exe file, it said to run it in administrator mode. I then did that, and it make the usual permission wall about it's maker and such and authorizing changes to the system, and I clicked an affirmative and then - nothing. No game starting, no error message, no sign that any attempt was made to launch; it completely ignored the command without explanation. Has anyone else encountered this and, if so, is there a known workaround?
Replies:
posted 30 August 2015 02:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Windows 10 probably doesn't have support for Classic Age of Mythology because SkyBox Labs requested the original AoM to be ignored so SkyBox Labs gets more money from the horrendously terrible Extended Edition.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

(/Tinfoil Hat)

Creator of AoM Expanded Mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1828492742) and Mod on AoEWiki (Morayus1)
posted 19 September 2015 05:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
I have the same problem after my last update on Windows 8. At least I guess that's what's causing it, because the game ran fine a week ago. First, my firewall blocks AoM, then it requires to be run in admin mode, and then it simply doesn't react. Oh well...
posted 27 September 2015 07:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
It was definitely the Windows update causing the problem. Explanation and workaround for Windows 7/8 is here: http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/september-2015-windows-updates-kb3086255-breaks-many-games/

There's no solution for Windows 10 I'm afraid, because the needed driver secdrv.sys is not allowed to be run or installed at all in Windows 10.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Can't Launch AoM on Windows 10
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames