You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Looking at The campaigns useing the Editor
posted 13 January 2003 09:08 PM EDT (US)   
Hey I was wondering if there is a way to take out the campaigns and look at each map in the editor. I think that by just looking at what Ensemble has done I will be able to learn a lot.
Thanks
Replies:
posted 13 January 2003 09:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
You need to DL a BAR extractor, all of the official scen files are stores in scenarios.bar in your scenario folder. Search the forums or the downloads section for "BAR" and you'll find one.

Alternatively, you can play a campaign from the campaign screen for a few seconds, then close it and open the map editor. If you go the file menu, the one you just played will appear in the recent menu.

• >> LKS_Cheeselord >>
  • Proud member of LKS. Click here to join.
  • Member of Arcane Studios, DGDN, and LKSware
  • PROJECTS: Magic Rugs - Cheese Giant - Anim Editor
  • Fear the power of CHEESE!
  • posted 14 January 2003 00:38 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
    I prefer the easy method of playing the scenario.
    posted 14 January 2003 09:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
    Just play the mission that you want and then go to the editor and choose the mission from the *file* button and press something like Gam_mission32 (32 means the number of the mission). This is a easy way to get the levels, but might be hard to understand.
    posted 14 January 2003 12:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
    EXCELLENT! I've always wanted to see them in the editor! thx!!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    posted 14 January 2003 05:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
    If you have played all of the SP missions in the campaign shipped with the game you can open any of those missions in the editor.

Go to the editor, select load, and then change the directory to the /scn directory.

No list will be visable. But as long as you have played the missions you can open them this way. Just enter the following in the open scenario box from this screen.

aomsp01.scn or aomsp02.scn etc all the way up to aomsp35.scn or somewhere in there.

I have been able to look at them all in one sitting.

Take the Challenge http://www.i-challengeu.com Don't be shy.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Looking at The campaigns useing the Editor
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames