You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: XML Trigger Editor
posted 24 January 2003 06:01 PM EDT (US)   
The newest version of AOMEd (download here, 1300kb) has a feature which could be very useful for scenario designers: XML trigger editing.
The triggers in SCN files are converted into editable XML files, something like:
<Triggers Unknowns="33, 25">
<Group Name="Ungrouped">
<Trigger Name="_KOT_Intro_1" Priority="High" Loop="No" RunImmediately="Yes" Active="No">
<Condition Type="Timer" Value="8"/>
<Effect Type="Play Dialog" Sound="default" TriggerName="(none)" IgnoreEventOnAbort="False" Subtitle="$$0$$A King of Towers Scenario by Tevious" Portrait=""/>
<Effect Type="Fire Event" TriggerName="_KOT_Intro_2"/>
</Trigger>
<Trigger Name="_KOT_Intro_2" Priority="High" Loop="No" RunImmediately="Yes" Active="No">
<Condition Type="Timer" Value="8"/>
<Effect Type="Play Dialog" Sound="default" TriggerName="(none)" IgnoreEventOnAbort="False" Subtitle="$$0$$K I N G O F T I T A N S" Portrait=""/>
<Effect Type="Fire Event" TriggerName="_KOT_Intro_3"/>
</Trigger>
</Group>
</Triggers>
This can be edited in a text editor (like Notepad); you can copy and paste triggers quickly if you want lots of similar ones, which could save substantial amounts of time for some scenarios, and you can make changes which the scenario editor doesn't allow (such as making effects affect Player 0 (Gaia)).

You can also make the resultant SCN files 'uneditable', which makes it much more difficult for people to alter your scenario and pretend it's their own. See the program's help file for more information on how to actually do stuff.

There are probably a few minor bugs left in the code, but it works under most circumstances. Let me know if it doesn't work or, if it does, if there are any improvements that could make it more useful. But hopefully the current version will be beneficial to people anyway

Replies:
posted 25 January 2003 01:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Yes, that's nice, and it works quite good now . And you can copy the tons of triggers made with YATE into any existing scn

M0nTy_PyTh0n
RM Scripter - Utility Programmer - Music/Sound Composer/Creator
HYENA STUDIOS
Also on YouTube and MySpace
Partner of Tsunami Studios - Sound and Music Composer
All rights reserved.
posted 25 January 2003 08:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Sounds great
posted 25 January 2003 09:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
tks man! your the best!

posted 25 January 2003 08:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Thank you for a great program!

Alex

posted 09 February 2003 08:00 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Unbeatable stuff, a must-have!

Thanx, Ykkrosh.

thugaar thinks: "Is this the right spot to place a signature?"
posted 18 February 2003 06:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
I edited triggers.xml but i don't know how to turn them back into a scenario! PLZ PLZ HELP!! This help will probably lead to the longest running scenario franchise just like Castle Blood! By the way i tryed useing AoMED, i set input data as triggers.xml and pressed Read but it comes up with an error: No possible format definitions detected!
at fe.pl line 176
I think thats all you need to know so bye
PS:Everyone take note of my signature

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 18 February 2003 06:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Don't you think if there was any way other than this http://www.ids.scnnetwork.com/articledb/index.php?lang=0&CODE=02&id=5 it would have been released in a blaze of glory?

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » XML Trigger Editor
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames