You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ghost army
posted 24 February 2003 01:13 AM EDT (US)   
i place the units it want to be in my armmy right. and then I go to army editor, highlight army and press ghost army. When game starts the army is there so i check army and it shows now units highlighted. what is wrong?

I am a alien from the galaxy Draco. I was here to plant life 1 billion years ago. I have returned to survey this worlds life. To my dissipointment humans have grown to be a menace. You must me eaten to ensure other species survival. You've got 1 month, Sorry. I tried to make it four.
Replies:
posted 24 February 2003 12:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
ghost armies are for units not in the map at the start of the scenario, use a normal army.

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
posted 24 February 2003 05:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
no, I dont want them to be in the scenario butr none will select to be in the ghost army. I press ghost army and go and check which units are in the ghost army but none are selected.

I am a alien from the galaxy Draco. I was here to plant life 1 billion years ago. I have returned to survey this worlds life. To my dissipointment humans have grown to be a menace. You must me eaten to ensure other species survival. You've got 1 month, Sorry. I tried to make it four.
posted 24 February 2003 05:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Here is what you can do KingHades. I'll have to admit, the Ghost Army was stumping me until I loaded an ES Scenario and looked at their trigger setup:

1.) Make sure that no units are selected (this is VERY important, you'll see why later)

2.) Open the Army editor and type in the name of your ghost army. Hit 'ghost army' and it will show up on the list.

3.) In your trigger menu, use the effect 'Army Deploy'. It will ask you which army, select your ghost army. It will also ask you what units should be in the army. Select the unit you want and type in the amount you want of that unit. Voila! You've just made your ghost army!

The ghost army is a feature that allows you to manipulate the army feature without actually placing the units on the map. The scenario 'spawns' the units, and names them with the name you specified. This allows you to play with the armies and give them instructions before they are created. Think of it as tagging units for future reference. Hope this helps!

[This message has been edited by WilliamtheBloody (edited 02-24-2003 @ 05:53 PM).]

posted 25 February 2003 01:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
yeah, you can't select what units you want in the army without triggers...

Licensed Devil
I'm here to kill your self belief
-=[SCN Punk Network]=-
-=[WebMaster]=-
SCN Punk Empires Editor Guide (or here)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ghost army
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames