You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A way to place settlements that the AI can build on!
posted 06 April 2003 09:50 AM EDT (US)   
The reason the AI can't build on Settlements you place on a map is that they're not aligned to the map grid. It's almost impossible to align one to the grid by hand, but I was playing around with some ideas and discovered this:

1) Create an area of flat terrain (all the same elevation)
2) Place a Berry Bush for Gaia in the middle of it
3) Add a new trigger with no conditions and two effects: first, Unit Heading on the Berry Bush for 180 (or 90 or 270 or 0 depending which way you want your Settlement to face), and second Change Unit Type on the Berry Bush to Settlement

When you test the game, you get a Settlement that the AI can build on ! The reason this works is that Berry Bushes are always aligned to the map grid when you place them (I don't know why but they are), so when you turn them to Settlements the Settlements remain aligned to the grid. You have to set heading to 0, 90, 180 or 270 to make sure the sides of the building are aligned to the grid too however.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
Replies:
posted 06 April 2003 10:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Good discovery this should be added to the libary

The Island of Gont, a single mountain lifts its peak a mile above the storm-racked Northeast Sea, is a land famous for wizards.”
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Angel Socvazius
posted 06 April 2003 03:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Nice! I just noticed yesterday that berry bushes auto aligned...must be so that the AI can harvest from them.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member °ƒ Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A way to place settlements that the AI can build on!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames