Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Formating Text in Messages
posted 11 May 2003 02:12 PM EDT (US)   
Thanks to ES_Xemu for telling us how to do this! I'm creating this thread to summarize the information so everyone can see it.

You can spice up your scenario by using couloured text or icons in the text messages. This only works in the effects Send Chat and Send Spoofed Chat from what I've seen, but it's still worth it. You can add the following tags around your text to format it:

<color=\"r,g,b\">Text Here</color> - Will set the color of the text between <color> and </color>. r[/i],g and b must be decimal numbers between 0 (nothing) and 1 (full), representing how much red, green and blue should be mixed to create your colour; for example, "1,1,0" is yellow and "0,0.5,0.5" is dark blue-green (teal).
** In addition, TwentyOneScore found that you can use a specific player's colour; for example <color={PlayerColor(1)}>This text is in Player 1's color</color>.

<u>Text Here</u> - This will underline the text between the <u> and </u>. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to make text bold or italic.

<icon=\"(width)(icon-name)\"> - This will add the image called icon-name from the Age of Mythology\textures folder or the archive textures.bar into your message. The height of the image will be equal to the height of a line of text, and the width will be equal to width (which should be an integer in pixels). For example, using <icon="(20)(ui\ui map mediterranean 256x256)"> will add the Mediterranean map icon, but it will make it only 20 pixels wide.

Does anyone know a list of all the icons that exist in the textures folder, especially the ones for food, wood, gold and favor? That would be very helpful.

Note that you must type the backslashes (\) before the quotes (") for them to be processed correctly. Having a quote with no backslash before it will cause a syntax error in the code for the trigger that effect is in.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 05-11-2003 @ 09:40 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11 May 2003 03:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
lol - thanks Matei! I feel like Elisha Gray. I was coming to post the same information (actually not as much as you). I will add this:

<color={PlayerColor(1)}>This text is in Player 1's color</color>

and it should be self explainitory...

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member °ƒ Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
posted 11 May 2003 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
The wonders of XML...

By the way, why can't it just use RBG values instead of the decimal thing? I'm gonna try out RBG sometimes, because pretty much all other color commands in AOM's XML use that.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 11 May 2003 05:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
An icon list You find in the New Editor 5 or 6 at "Options"/"Portrait" .
posted 11 May 2003 06:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Cheezy, it is RGB values, just divide each one by 255. For example the color (255,128,0) would be (1, 0.5, 0).

Thank you for the tip on player color TwentyOneScore. I will probably use this along with rmGetPlayerName in the next Norse Wars to add formatted text in the help strings.

posted 12 May 2003 11:10 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Can you use this in a normal multiplayer random map game?(In a normal Chat)?

http://aom.hsc.be

Check my site out
There will be soon many content

posted 12 May 2003 11:18 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
yes, you can change the color of your Chat messages during the game with this.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member °ƒ Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
posted 12 May 2003 04:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Most people will be very afraid of you if you do though . I tried it on ESO and it doesn't work in ESO chat rooms or for things like game names, but it works in in-game chats.

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Formating Text in Messages
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames