Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Map Contest for AOM by ES and MS
posted 05 June 2003 09:06 PM EDT (US)   

full thread here; http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,13497,0,100 - but you can post your suggestion and comments this weekend in this thread and I will look at then or Karen "Scout" Sparks will and see if we can come up with a set of Rules and are fair and contest is fun or all AOM players, not just Hard core like you all. (After AOMX comes out, we can revisit a true scn contest).

1. AOM Map Contest - "A Contest for all AGERS of all AGES"

Map Contest: a "PRETTY Screen Shot" and an "ACTION Screen Shot" for the contest. Opens it up to allot more
People and allot more age groups.

What we have dreamed up so far:

AOM MAP Contest - Two ways to win; -
1. Submit the prettiest AOM Scene possible with the AOM Scenario editor.
2. Submit the Most Action AOM Scene Possible with the AOM Scenario Editor.

Basic Rules;

1. Screenshots must be in 1024 res. in jpg format
2. Must use only AOM Art (No MODs)
3. Have Fun (Of course)
4. Any AGE (Hopefully - Checking with Redmond)
5. Any Where (Hopefully - Checking with Redmond)
6. "Doctored screenshots will be ruled ineligible"

"Possible" (others will be added or deleted from this list) prizes: 20 Second Places, 2 Grand Winners. (Explained below)

Keyboards,
Signed Cherry art Work,
Signed AOMCE by Bruce,
AOMX T-Shirt,
Music CDs,
Original AOMX Concept Art - signed,
Titans Marketing CD (If/when available)
Any other stuff in my office that has a layer of dust

Start Date: Very Soon until July 5th midnight.

Where to submit your Screenshot? - Any one of ten AOM Community Sites.
Note: If you’re a Very Young "AGER" or Very Old "AGER" - Include your AGE with your screenshots as this will be taken into consideration in the judging.

*** Had a list but it's now months old. *** So Community Webmasters I am looking for 2 English Community sites,
2 German and 2 French, and one other international community site for judging. PLEASE before requesting to be included that you have the RESOURCES to judge PROPERLY entries to your site in a timely matter with your community. Let's not short the fans on this. *** If interested HEAD Webmasters can request to be included by emailing Archangel@ensemblestudios.com - subject: AOM MAP Contest ASAP. INCLUDE Site Name, Name of Webmaster and URL PELASE.

Had MFO, PAOM, and AOMH signed up before, this sites will be include (Please let me know guys, if you still want in), just because of their huge fan base and popular forums.

Judging: - Each of the 10 worldwide Community Sites will pick a Winner. One each for a "Pretty" and an "Action" Scene and submit them to ES for Judging. Karen Sparks will be doing the judging at ES. Sparks has done countless
Marketing and PR screenshots besides, being one heck on a Scenario designer.

2 winners per Fansite = 20 Second Prizes

From the 10 different "ACTION" scenes submitted - 1 Grand Winner.
From the 10 different "Pretty" scenes submitted - 1 Grand Winner.

Replies:
posted 05 June 2003 09:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
Sounds Interesting, can you only submit one Pretty Screenshot and one action screenshot? Or 2 "Pretty" ones and no action ones?

Great to see an official Es design contest at last.

posted 06 June 2003 09:39 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
Looks interesting.

Inquizative - Founder of:Tsunami Studios
Come visit my RTS Projects Site

[This message has been edited by Inquizative_HTS (edited 06-06-2003 @ 09:40 AM).]

posted 06 June 2003 03:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
Sounds horrible! A screenshot? Yuck. Thanks anyway.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau

[This message has been edited by Byzantine_Warrior (edited 06-06-2003 @ 03:28 PM).]

posted 06 June 2003 03:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
Yuck!????????? well, i don't know about that. It's a sensible contest, considering - At least people can enter a contest AND whiletaking time to finish their scenarios. I'm sure ES will give you a more challenging comp soon. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot and ask for a scenario, at this time, considering they are releasing the X pack.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Map Contest for AOM by ES and MS
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames