Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bandits - A Woad Creations Scenario by xLpx
posted 08 August 2003 03:19 AM EDT (US)   
*Special Thanks to the Favored Clan for Play Testing.*

I like almost everything in the game. - Toxic Tank
All-round very good - redirishman
I had no problem working out what I had to do next, so why not a 5?
, Lovely map - Lardless
Good combination of players, and the storyline was pretty interesting. - UltimateGamer600
nice scenario - Cheezy_Monkey
Story:

Your Norse clan is a Nomad clan, and as usual, we are traveling south in search of food. It has been 5 days that we travel to the southlands in search of food, our troops are starving, We can already feel we are near, we will soon find what awaits us there...

This scenario took me 2 months to create, went through dense playtesting by the Favored clan.

The story pretty much unfolds while playing it, so I can't write much on it.

Download it Here

Mini Walkthrough I made: (WARNING: SPOILLERS)

BANDITS:

Arrive-
You begin the game with the objective to go south, do so. After you walk a little, a group of bandits will find you and lock you in a jail inside a cave. When the cinematic stops the guards will see your army trying to escape and attack you, select all your soldiers and right click on the enemy soldiers, after killing them, destroy the Jail and escape.

The Cave-
As soon as you escape, you will notice some snakes, do not worry about them and continue your path down the cave, when you reach the Minotaur, retreat your soldiers and pull your Jarl up front to attack him first, use your Throwing Axemen to take care of the spearmen, now attack the Minotaur with your cavalry and ulfarks. Continue the path, you will now find a dwarf near a big stone wall, click on him and he will tell you that the wall blocks a way to secret cave, he then will give you a clock. Destroy the Catapult and continue down the road.

The Cave Boss-
The Scorpion Man is not easy to kill, there are two things that will make it harder to kill, the poison from its tail and the path he is in. The path is very strict and confusing, first make your Jarl go in front, after he is attacking the Scorpion Man, send the rest of your army in and use restoration, the scorpion won’t stand a chance against the combo. After killing the Scorpion Man, retreat all your units and send the Throwing Axemen ahead, let them kill the spearmen (you may use cavalry backup after some of the spearmen is dead).

More Bandits-
When you leave the cave, you will notice a big gate, it’s a Greek Gate and the town of Talanos. A Greek guard will notice you and alert the king, after the cinematic is over, run back to the cave and check on the dwarf. The dwarf should have been done by now, enter the secret cave and go down the confusing path. Look around the secret cave until you find a Jail with some trolls, they will offer the help to destroy the Greeks, now go back to the cave exit.

The Battle of Talanos-
It is extremely recommended that you leave your Jarl behind in this battle, if he dies you will loose and the scenario will be over, also recommended to save the game before confronting the Greek Army. To destroy the Greeks Army, there is a small trick that can make the battle a lot easier, since the battle is won when either side destroy the enemy’s leader, send all your units to attack the Greek King. The king will try to run away behind his Toxotes, do not fear, keep on attacking the king until he dies, when he does, cancel ALL the attacks and retreat as fast as you can, after a few seconds the Greek will resign and you will have conquered the Greek army.

Revenge-
Now it’s your chance to destroy the Bandits, This Walkthrough will not tell you everything so it’s up to you how you will do so, explore the area and build up before doing anything, Good Luck .

Thank you!

[This message has been edited by xLpx (edited 08-08-2003 @ 03:21 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 August 2003 09:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
sounds sweet!

posted 08 August 2003 04:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Nice, I think I tested this in its early stages .

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
posted 08 August 2003 04:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Good job Lp .

/-Mojo14-\
You go to the editor
But you neva design nuttin'
You been designing a long time
And you ain't got nuttin'
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Bandits - A Woad Creations Scenario by xLpx
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames