Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Downloads Section and Review Guidelines - Report Bad Reviews
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
posted 21 August 2003 10:36 AM EDT (US)   
From Angel Rasher :

As many of you have hopefully noticed, the Review Guidelines have been posted for some time now. All reviews submitted to the Downloads Section must follow the guidelines that have been outlined.

Before you review, please take a few minutes to read over the guidelines, and make sure that you understand them and are capable of following them. Doing so will ensure that the reviews remain of high quality, and that you don't run the risk of having your review removed or converted to a comment.

Remember that a low-quality review reflects directly back on you. When people read a review that may be lacking in some areas, not only does it bring down the quality of the Downloads Section, but it also may cause you to look bad.

We appreciate your reviews, and are grateful that people are willing to take the time to submit their comments on a scenario. Just remember that if you are looking to make a brief note about what you thought about the scenario, make sure that it is a comment and not a review. Reviews should only be written by those who are willing to take the time to write a detailed commentary on the scenario.

The Downloads Section exists and thrives only based on the efforts of you people. Thank you for your time and effort!

In the downloads section, make sure when you re-submit or update your file, use the update method.

Dual submissions, stolen scenarios or useless junk won't be approved for the section.

Make sure there is a good description for your scenario as it makes easier for people to make a decision as to whether to download it or not.

Ask people for comments and reviews and you shall have good ones there.

Reviews

I will be going through the download section and removing any reviews which don't meet the review guidelines requirement and I feel are not adequate. Some will be totally deleted while other's will be converted to comments.

If you feel and see any review which doesn't meet the guidelines e-mail the link to : kumarshah@heavengames.com

If you are a team member, you can't review each others scenarios.

This has been going around for quite some time, and the problem really escalated recently. As a rule, old teams don't follow this practice. No matter how fair you want to be, your judgement is highly affected and in some cases, the reviews are done for the sole purpose of giving the high ratings.

In some cases, I also leave it to the Downloads Section Adminstrators discretion to find a review unfair and remove it (not meaning its a bad, short review - but an unfair review).

Old reviews breaking this rule will also be deleted.

Report bad reviews, comments here. Any other greviences please e-mail to kumarshah@heavengames.com

If you start making OT posts, I will have to take actions against you.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by Angel Sunny (edited 07-27-2005 @ 09:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 21 August 2003 12:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1009  
Example of a good review (by Intrepid) :

Navy Blood Review

Had enough of fighting titanic battles on land, why not fight a titanic battle on sea? This is the intent of Navy Blood however the scenario falls short in quite a few respects. The concept is similar to many other bloods expect this one takes places on water as opposed to land. There is a flame in the centre in which you must have units around in order to acquire resources. The goal is to destroy the other player’s guardians that are on islands surrounding the centre flame. Accompanying the guardians are auto respawning sons of Osiris’s . As you can imagine the centre of the map quickly fills with a tremendous amount of lighting bolts. To spawn units you must place the ship or myth unit in question by some columns at the side of your base.

[Playability]

First of all while playing this scenario I am happy to say that I did not experience a hint of lag. Even when all four players were fighting will full steam at the centre of the map and god powers were going off. The scenario, sadly, has quite a few bugs and other gameplay hindering aspects that make the scenario much less enjoyable then it could have been. Near the end of the game I found that I could no longer spawn any kind of naval unit, this kind of ended the game, as I could no longer fight against my opponents. When I played I was able to get Apollo’s underground passage power which allowed me to conduct land warfare against my opponents bases. Somehow, I felt that that was not the intention of the game and that problem should be fixed. Another bug that occurred a few times was Sons of Osris’s would spawn even though the other one had yet to die. When this happened it gave the other players a tremendous advantage. The biggest problem was attempting to complete the goal of the game. Killing the guardian was almost next to impossible and 2 of the 4 people I played with felt the same way I did and they resigned as a result. The placing of the sons of Osris’s in the centre of the map was both a blessing and a curse. It was nice to have him when my opponents sent myth units at me because he could easily mop them up. But at the same time it was annoying to be constantly bombarded with lightning bolts.

Improvements

- If the bugs and gameplay problems were cleaned up the score in this area would easily be raised to a 4
- Having some other naval units besides Triremes and myth units would give the scenario a little more strategy

--Score = 3--

[Balance]

The balance in the scenario was pretty good, but maybe a little to good. Being able to choose different civilizations at the beginning made for a diversified game and gave players several options about how they decided to progress. Some civilizations had huge advantages over others. If the author were to play around a little with the civilizations to make the game more balances it could really help the balance score. The scenario was a little to balanced in the way that it was almost impossible for anybody to win, as the guardians were far too hard to kill.

Improvements

- Balancing out the civilization bonuses would really help in balancing the scenario out
- Choosing another game winning goal as opposed to killing the guardian would also help

--Score = 3--

[Creativity]

This scenario was able to differentiate itself from other blood style maps by taking place on the water, but the author still needs to do something further with the scenario in order to make it truly different

Improvements

- Try doing something nobody else has ever tried in a blood map before

--Score = 3--

[Map Design]

Blood maps are generally designed to minimize lag so you should never expect to find a lot of eye candy on a blood map. This scenario stays to true to that formula and as such the map never experience any lag and the transfer time for the scenario is very short which is also important to a blood map. Though the map design is lag free it does not offer much excitement in the gameplay department as there is only one way into the conflict zone and the conflict zone itself is a little cramped. The starting city could use a little sprucing up, anything other than a block of buildings would look good.

Improvements

- Add just a touch of eye candy, nothing to significant, but something just to spruce the map up a bit
- Open the centre up and create multiple pathways towards in order to create more interesting battles

--Score =3--

[Instructions/Story]

The scenario does not have any real story, but that is really insignificant in a blood map and should not be counted against the final score. Figuring out what to do was not very difficult but it would help if there were specific instructions given on how to spawn units. The goal of the scenario was clearly laid out.

Improvements
- Add a simple message explaining how to spawn units

--Score =4--

If the author of this scenario were to make some of the improvements suggested there is no reason why the scenario should not receive a 4+ rating. If some of the corrections suggested are made I would be happy to re review this scenario. In its current stage I can recommend giving this scenario a try if you are a really blood fanatic and you are looking for something a tad different.

Your reviews should be something like the above, with suggested improvements, explaining each score, etc.

A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
posted 21 August 2003 12:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 1009  

Looking for a Review ??

Post here : http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,14226,0,10

posted 10 March 2004 06:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 1009  
Post bad reviews here, with links to be removed from the Downloads Section.

posted 10 March 2004 06:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 1009  
yes thanx Kumar! i thought you werent gonna agreed my request!, man, i'm sure this will change the download section.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
posted 10 March 2004 09:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 1009  
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2675

[This message has been edited by auron 2 (edited 03-10-2004 @ 09:55 PM).]

posted 11 March 2004 10:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 1009  
posted 11 March 2004 04:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 1009  
Auron, that isn't a poor review. You can't review a file with nothing in it.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 11 March 2004 04:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 1009  
actually, the unfair review was erased yesterday. the bard actually made a good and short review. i got no problems with that one.

the one that was erased was by Faramir102. he gave a perfect 5 to his brother for no reason at all.

posted 11 March 2004 05:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 1009  
Oops, my bad then.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 12 March 2004 11:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 1009  
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2681&ci=64eeedd7765b63df179dfbd3f0f55475g+oFt6idseEC7MmeyvuNuyhvEd+51QPLrlkwvxQ0obw2SqJ5mL0mVPPGbYiX0fkjLMJ5bW yd19kaHnN8V0MPb+EmasnbtN9KbKqW872jAWK4QdzmetRf34VUGRp9Ve9srqH OxIsLt1MSEhXC+jg=
posted 12 March 2004 01:22 PM EDT (US)     11 / 1009  
I just read the review guidelines and it says that you should never insult a designer. I have seen many insults in the dl section.

Glorfindel -Age of Mythology Heaven
My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!
Eso rates/names= Tartariandog-1600, PW_Glorfindel_- 1556, PW_Glorfindel__-1600.
Winner of the most underated forumer award!

posted 13 March 2004 01:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 1009  
Maybe because people don't read the rules or just want to say bad stuff to them
posted 14 March 2004 12:56 PM EDT (US)     13 / 1009  
Trojan beach, review by dummie

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2669

posted 17 March 2004 03:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 1009  
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2689&ci=0f06c8368a4c8b334ce7c2f67974a4c6vs0TBeA8nKYJr136p/2Is+pDmh2clbHuMA/Pau9wDqkRBPZZAzPWeAoCo+Q3OGvqL8KZoS DSzU4UmkP0F8cuaXWuKgGjfMOAkwStmtjOdBqW7AX8+vVZnxzK5q1BHZj0VYU rWv8=
Ancientblade1s review.

My site Runescape- Awsome Online game! The new 3d verson has been released. My RS name is Tartariandog! My forums Best design team ever!

posted 18 March 2004 11:24 AM EDT (US)     15 / 1009  
posted 19 March 2004 02:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 1009  
Dummies rewiew

I think FOG.
posted 20 March 2004 01:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 1009  
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2699&ci=4357c1c2203e476cd8f391599ecce84ccy3FQmoicZRj1nwoofnvSgtDuP8axqp2NRB1rewWRBur+AC/zhsnWF0WRptFKeMU3rnd9S o9cLC15tRNM9/0s4CyZXmLOKddiptxlqiTf7D74VEsbkfCP29NbUH2ulp1xJh cdNwuowVIRa4dOM8rEbg=
Ancietblade1 is making alot of bad comments a reviews these days:s

posted 22 March 2004 05:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 1009  
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2697&ci=b7cf534bcd2a4554ef5977dae95e8bf9LdvrpYsMdTmH/RkJ84p7DsMghIlpsjE655p1KZD+dk5+ufJFNwG1loIm11x86Qb/uOTuAf jPaXyw+y5AWzw/ne4XfKixwxeLie5wvf+KSYL03LsPqpTZV18PW8lY79gUovE su4z+JjMPsZw=
Look at the bottom
posted 23 March 2004 02:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 1009  
posted 23 March 2004 03:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 1009  
This "AncientBlade1" now has made several unfair reviews, often combined with impertinence or general stupidity. I think he should recieve a warning or a one week ban.
posted 23 March 2004 06:49 PM EDT (US)     21 / 1009  
I have been insulted once, but the review was removed.

What came first, the chicken country or the egg colony?
posted 26 March 2004 04:41 AM EDT (US)     22 / 1009  
Prosocjohn and Sorceror_Erebus on 'The Eyes of Hades'

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2684

They somewhat cancelled out each other...

posted 26 March 2004 07:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 1009  
Not sure this is the place... I'm not reporting a bad review (don't like to complain about reviews I get) but I do like to complain about reviews taken away from me. Twice a review score has been removed from my The Hunter's Tale - Prologue Dreams cinematic scenario. Is there a reason why? I just want to know.

The first was a 3.1 or something, no grudge against removing that but the second was a 5.0... I mainly want to know why they mysteriously dissapeared. So hope I find some answers.

posted 26 March 2004 07:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 1009  
another dummie review........

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=727

Counter_Master yet again.............

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2224

posted 27 March 2004 07:50 AM EDT (US)     25 / 1009  
Elfthehunter: The reviews were earsed by the mods because they were too short, and inconclusive. No scenario deserves a perfect rating, especial if the reviewer has nothing to back it up with...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 41  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Downloads Section and Review Guidelines - Report Bad Reviews
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames