Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Water Map - Buggy Map Editor Problems
posted 23 August 2003 11:00 AM EDT (US)   
I am making a water battle map, but I am having trouble with the map editor. When I split the map into two land masses, north and south with ocean in the middle, the map editor creates these small land masses that have land on them and it WONT paint water. No matter what I do, raise elevation, lower elevation, paint land, smooth, etc, it will NOT paint water.

It is getting very frustrating not being able to make a water map because the editor won't draw water on top of these land ranges.

Is there ANY way to get it to paint water? Argh!~

Replies:
posted 23 August 2003 03:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Umm, you DO know that there is a water tool, right? I hope...

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
posted 23 August 2003 03:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
I really feel for you friend!

I had the same frustrating problem for days until I found the solution!

You have to create a new map using the Mediterranean RM and then edit it to your preference.

I already have a rather large map that is all water and no land, I had plans to create a Mediteraranean water battle between Greek and Egyptian civs but I will probably never finish it, so if you want the map email me!

posted 23 August 2003 10:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
Mistacheese - the water tool does not fix land masses that cannot be painted with water... The water tool adds waves, coral and shiz to the map. The problem I'm having is that there is land that the water brush will not paint water on, no matter what you do.

Vassilis - I did exactly that. I created a 1 player team migration map, deleted everything, increased the space of the map, and then put water down everywhere. Solved.

Kindofa pain, but at least it worked.

posted 25 August 2003 04:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Well, there are two water tools..

That's a strange glitch. I would just recommend using a blank map from now on...

Exiled
Battle Dwarves
Battlefields: Kemsyt's Uprise

Mistacheese wins the "Person-who-secretly-emmits-CheeZy's-thoughts" award - Cheezy
posted 25 August 2003 05:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
...yes, a blank water map, and afterwards the land masses are laid on. Thatīs very easy with the cover-terrain-with-water tool (NE 9)
posted 25 August 2003 06:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Yeah I had some problems with the water tool not wanting to paint water on some things. It usually happens if you're trying to paint water in sharp acute angles. When water is painted theres also alot of elevation shifting and smoothing going on, if you try to do it at a certain angle either the changing elevation or the smoothening contradict eachother and it won't paint.

It's better not painting then crashing the entire editor though.

If you paint abit of land where it's stuck or try painting water at a different angle then it'll usually fix your problem, no need to restart.

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----
posted 26 August 2003 12:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
^ya that. I've only had that happen when I try to paint on one of Twentyonescore's rm's. Maybe he did that on purpose so we couldn't edit his works...

^Redwolf^
Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
\...\Skate and Destroy/.../
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Water Map - Buggy Map Editor Problems
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames