You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Merlord Studios is asking what you want!?
posted 31 October 2003 04:35 AM EDT (US)   
Hey guys... well anyway just wanted to post here as what you want in the future, for example what kind of projects you want? Campaigns ect... Because Merlord Studios wants to bring more playable stuff for you all so you can have more fun instead of waiting and waiting. Therefore here you will be able to request/suggestions for what kind of stuff you want us to produce for all of you guys here at the AoM Community.

Every week we will be releasing 1-3 Projects of what you want... We will choose the best ideas from what you all post and work on that idea. I also think its better to do what you guys want then just us creating scenarios, campaigns what might be useless for you and not interesting.... This also might bring in more people to play online.

Well I hope to see lots of ideas because personally I am looking forward to choosing your ideas!

So start posting everyone!

Cheers.

-CoReDooM

Replies:
posted 31 October 2003 06:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Hehehe...

I know all your secrets Coredoom. These guys are cool ppl!

Ah..every week though? How do you find the damn time, lol?

posted 31 October 2003 07:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
hehe we are good trust me

[\«|[\«|[\«|[\Achilles/]|»/]|»/]|»/]
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates
I detest that man who hides one thing in the depths of his heart, and speaks for another. -Homer
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. -Plato
Maybe they should nerf hipps more so poseidon players think more and don´t make always hipps. How about that? Ever seen a poseidon player go hop/tox?-magic
posted 31 October 2003 08:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
Couldn't you post all these Merlord threads into one whole thread...

Well, I would idealy want a really good RPG, like Guardians, with uniqe trigger tricks and the like. And good cinematics. But I dont think you could make one of these in a week though...dont try and rush anything...

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04

[This message has been edited by bo shek mafia ma (edited 10-31-2003 @ 08:32 AM).]

posted 31 October 2003 09:35 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
Someone should make a real RPG with units getting stronger after each fight. To much work for me though...

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
posted 31 October 2003 10:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
I am making one:P...
posted 31 October 2003 10:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
Just on a side note: A huge rpg which was supposed to involve massive RTS gameplay with experience gaining, 3 bosses and unique puzzles, then a huge rpg experience inside a massive city with over 35 quests, and a final siege, which I promised to be the best ever made for AoM (and it is)...has been overwritten.

Yes, I accidently destroyed KoTM 2. I cried heavily, LOL.

But I'm trying to redo it, and I'll add a few more features to compensate...

Sad day, sad day.

posted 31 October 2003 12:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22  

Quote:

Couldn't you post all these Merlord threads into one whole thread...

Oh you might aswell ask everyone to post in just one thread then! Different subjects need different posts.

I can tell you that Merlord is a pretty strong team with many members that work very efficiently through discipline and organization. But I'm really not sure about 1-3 releases a week... But it is possible

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 31 October 2003 01:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
Some big/good stuff are due out soon, so expect something on the weekend.

-CoReDooM

posted 31 October 2003 02:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Yes wel I hope you can pull it off. Good luck on whatever your doing.

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 31 October 2003 03:33 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
Please for the love of God, will someone make a decent blood. Along with many many more those were the absolute best scenarios in the good old Age of Kings days...and quite frankly I miss them. Now with a accumulate kills effect a full sized design team should be able to throw one together in a couple of days, there just a lotta tedious trigger work, no map designing involved at all.
posted 31 October 2003 04:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
why should we help Merlord studios
--------------------
just kidding
---------------------

i dont know what kind of scns Merlord Studios even made ,theres too many scns on AoMH to go through to find which ones

Now known as Delfino_Messor i am no longer BlackEvil
Mêrlørd•Ðêšîgñ•§†ûdîø§ Scenario Designer

[This message has been edited by BlackEvil (edited 10-31-2003 @ 04:39 PM).]

posted 31 October 2003 05:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Our projects are ALL in the projects forum of our forums. WEll i mean the publicly announced ones. Un-announced projects have not be posted there.

Quote:

Please for the love of God, will someone make a decent blood. Along with many many more those were the absolute best scenarios in the good old Age of Kings days

We're working on it

posted 31 October 2003 09:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
You guys are doing very well at Merlord You have my compliments for being the new dominating team for AoM.

How about some multiplayer scenarios? You can make alot of interesting goodies with AoT's editor

CheeZy ex-HG Angel
WildFire Games - Artist, Lead Scenario Designer, Game Designer for 0 A.D.
"But really, stop fighting and listen to CheeZy when he says use good grammar." - Phantom_rider.
----Stuff I've Made----

[This message has been edited by CheeZy (edited 10-31-2003 @ 10:16 PM).]

posted 31 October 2003 11:27 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  

Quote:

Un-announced projects have not be posted there.

Want me to announce em?

posted 01 November 2003 04:33 AM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
visit merlordstudios.com for the map downloads by Merlord Studios.
posted 01 November 2003 04:34 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Shit I'm kinda regretting leaving the team now

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 01 November 2003 04:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
lol boshek
Thanks for that fantastic comment Cheezy

posted 01 November 2003 07:04 AM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
First of all, MERLORD STUDIOS RULE!
Now, I know that this is a simple thing to make but I thought it might be entertaining as multiplayer. There are 4 fortresses (NOT in the corner of the maps but "in between" 2 corners) They would be on raised land and have a thin bridge to the middle (the bridge could just be raised ground) So technically, if we look from above, it would look like this:
A big cross accross the whole map (the bridges)
On each end of the bridges a fortress on raised ground.

The units could battle on the thin bridges and a player would lose if his/her fortress was razed.
NOTE: They would have infinite resources to keep making units from the fortress to raid the other fortresses.

I would really like if you made this true.

PS: Ive downloaded LOTS of your scenarios and they're great!

posted 01 November 2003 07:10 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
Hehe

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 11-01-2003 @ 07:24 AM).]

posted 01 November 2003 08:35 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
That...could work...

Presenting...
Coming soon..in Fall 04

posted 01 November 2003 02:26 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
A multiplayer battle idea:
Should have interesting and realistic map design.
Now, here's the good part. There are two teams, made of xplayers each. Each player controls a different part of the army, or a combined arms unit, elite melee fighters etc.
The team would have to coordinate its efforts against the other team to win, by sending the right troops to the right place. I was going to make a series of these maps with various themes, armies and terrains, but I am not the most talented with the editor, so I though I would pass the idea on to you.
I did have the idea that you could have a general that raised unit morale (stats) around him, but I don't know
how feasible this would be. Also defending from a hill could give your units a bonus; I will leave you to think up other bonuses.

Peredhil
Arguments are to be avoided;
they are always vulgar and often convincing - Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by Peredhil (edited 11-01-2003 @ 02:28 PM).]

posted 01 November 2003 02:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  

Quote:

How about some multiplayer scenarios? You can make alot of interesting goodies with AoT's editor

CheeZy, edit that NOW. :P

for those of you who are confused don't ask, just pretend this is one of those mafia scenes in a movie where the person is getting killed and they mafia guys are like move on buddy nothing to see . . uh oh said too much already :S

[\«|[\«|[\«|[\Achilles/]|»/]|»/]|»/]
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates
I detest that man who hides one thing in the depths of his heart, and speaks for another. -Homer
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. -Plato
Maybe they should nerf hipps more so poseidon players think more and don´t make always hipps. How about that? Ever seen a poseidon player go hop/tox?-magic
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Merlord Studios is asking what you want!?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames