You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: OUT OF SYNC (in AoM Titans) -- waterbodies.xml/xmb & forest.xml/xmb
posted 07 November 2003 03:46 AM EDT (US)   
I recently found out that the files

• waterbodies.xml/xmb
  • forest.xml/xmb

will cause online games to go Out of Sync if these files have not been updated with the new water and forest types.

Another sign of incompatibility include the Tundra random map appearing as a sandy map instead of snow .

I noticed that a few of us here use these files to design maps, so if you do get OOS' (out of sync), this is without a doubt the cause.

How to fix the error:

1) Add the new AoM Titan water types to the Waterbodies.xml
    2) Add the new forest types to the forest.xml

---------------------------

I hope this help those with these problems. If there is anything unclear about what I said, or if you have a question, please let me know =).

• Replies:
    posted 07 November 2003 06:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
    Yes, You must use the waterbodies.xml/forest.xml from data2.bar or add the new forests/waters to the old files. Then remove the waterbodies.XMB and forest.XMB, start AoM, and afterwards start TT.
    AoM will write the XMBs and TT can read this, but if TT write the XMBs, AoM can not read, so you get the errors.
    posted 10 November 2003 09:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
    (top)
    posted 13 November 2003 02:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
    Could you test please the new "Country X Mod" for on-line errors?
    http://www.nocheineaoe.de/aomx/downloads/countryxmod.exe
    posted 13 November 2003 02:31 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
    If you can understand what they're saying, just uninstall AOM and AOM TT, than install both of them again, that's how I've solved the problem at first

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
    I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
    I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » OUT OF SYNC (in AoM Titans) -- waterbodies.xml/xmb & forest.xml/xmb
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames