You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Animation mess
posted 19 November 2003 09:22 AM EDT (US)   
Could someone help me with this new Animation Viewer?
I.E. I want a cyclop to turn its head ("bored" animation)
I don't know which is the name of the animation...
Is it "Special G cyclops_BoredA", "Cyclops_BoredA", "models\Special G cyclops_BoredA" or should I place the extension "*.brg" after the animation name?

Also, what does the DUMMY combo mean?

Thanks in advance

Replies:
posted 19 November 2003 09:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
You must use : "Special G cyclops_BoredA"

And DUMMY, is just to tell you where I.E. the left arm is

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
I hate it when people calling me "DMK" or "DMX' call me Reaper
posted 19 November 2003 03:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
Open up the trigger window then click on a unit and then click open the animation editor, a list of all its animations, the name of them and a demo showing you what they do will be availiable. Do the things I said in the right order.
posted 19 November 2003 05:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Reaper,

I don't think "regular", non-cinematic animations will work.

I've tried with a lot of units, and only the ones that worked were the ones in the campaign, which are list under the category cinematics.

I hope that I'm wrong, otherwise, most of the regular animations are quite useless.

---------------------------

By the way, I've just noticed that the animation viewer also give incorrect names.

For example, the animation for Kamos jumping off the cliff given by the animation viewer is: Kamos_cine052cliffjump

This is not correct. The correct animation is: Kamo_cine052cliffjump (without the "S" in Kamos)

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 11-19-2003 @ 06:12 PM).]

posted 20 November 2003 02:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Thank you very much, guys.
Well I agree that non-campaign animations do not function, which, alas, will cost a lot of beauty
posted 20 November 2003 05:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
maybe the is a way, I'm going to look for it...

"One may feel fear in the face of danger, as long as one banishes fear when danger actually arives" "So say the wise"
I can help making campaings I can do triggers/map design/storyboard, żż need help ?? mail me on: degrotezoeloeman@hotmail.com
posted 21 November 2003 03:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
OK, I'm working upon it either, let me know if you find out smth., and I'll do also...
posted 21 November 2003 08:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
I remember this (don't know if it is true): set Animation: idlea
boreda
walka
etcetera
Try them out (no gurantuee they work :P)
posted 21 November 2003 10:33 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
No, that do not work.
But it gives another method to add some anims:
1. Look in the Anim Viewer for an unit motion file (here for example the Aurochs flail-file "animal aurochs_flailA")

2. Open the appropriate anim file "aurochs_anim.txt" (extracted from the anim.bar in the folder AoM/anim) and save it in the folder AoM/anim.
3. Add to the end of this file the text
//========================================================== ====================
anim Cinematic
{
SetSelector
{
set hotspot
{
name animalaurochs_flailA
version
{
Visual animal aurochs_flailA
}
}
}
}

Important: The name of the new animation (animalaurochs_flailA) must be written without a space, if it will work with the trigger effect "Set Animation".
4. Open the trigger editor and add a new trigger with the effect "Set Animation"

Possible are all *.brg files, after these were stored as an "Anim Cinematic".

But this "new" animation will not be saved in a scenario without this modified anim file.

posted 21 November 2003 11:46 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Hmm, maybe it's an idea to make a patch out of it ??
Cheezy???

posted 22 November 2003 06:27 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Well, there are too many animations. Where one is to begin?
posted 22 November 2003 09:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
I just wonder why ES didn't do it on their own... They again left us a half-baked editor.
posted 23 November 2003 08:21 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Can somebody make this topic a sticky because its really helpful, or under the resource library or something...
posted 24 November 2003 02:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
Another example (Villager Greek), if "Anim Cinematic"s are present already:

one removes the two last
}
}

and add

set hotspot
{
name villagerGmale_PrayB
version
{
Visual villager G male_PrayB
}
}
}
}

Do not forget to remove the empty spaces

posted 06 January 2004 05:09 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
Whom it interests: in the NXE2 are these files present as illustrative material, with sound files of AOE (the "Wolooloo" and the "Ajojojo" from the priest).
If the Greek villagers pray, the sound is to be heard. For removing this sound one can change either the villager greek anim.txt file or remove the text file.
posted 10 January 2004 07:46 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
hey, so if someone modifies a "unitame_anim.txt" file, are those changes saved with the scn? Or do people who download the scn also have to modify that unit's "...anim.txt" file?

Also, you mention for the villager example that in the code you must remove the last two

}
}

But, you do not mention doing this for the first example you gave... the aurochs. Do you have to do something different for each and every animation? Or should you always remove the last two brackets?

tnx!
:Z

Fly, you fools! The Zman cometh!
"And a mighty TSUNAMI swept them all to sea..."
posted 10 January 2004 09:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Any changes to an anim file would constitute a mod pack. Therefore, the anim file would have to be submitted (and put into the proper folder) along with the scenario in order for the changes to be visible.

And you don't actually have to remove the last two brackets, just type or copy or whatever above them. Notice at the top there are four "open" brackets that open various sections of the animation defines. Therefore, to finalize the animation section, you must have four "close" brackets at the end. The brackets in between finalize and open sections for individual animations.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 01-10-2004 @ 09:39 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Animation mess
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames