Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign Announcement: The Last Stand of Atlantis
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 23  Next Page »
posted 03 January 2004 03:32 PM EDT (US)   
THE LAST STAND OF ATLANTIS

"The siege of Troy lasted ten long years. The siege of New Atlantis, however, would last but a single day."

Thessaly region of Greece, 1096 B.C.

Belos, warrior and scholar of the northern Dorians, wanders the hills alone. Alone among the ruins. Ruins of a Golden Age, vanished into the shadows of time. Ever questions about the ruins plague his mind. What happened to these grand structures? Who built them? And what became of the builders?

Belos is one day summoned by the king Aigimios. But the old man, wise as he is, cannot tell the young man what happened to the great cities of Greece. He instead tells Belos to seek out Tyrxes, a mysterious hermit who alone knows the forgotten history of the ruins.

So Belos sets out on a journey frought with danger to win himself peace in his mind. Once found, the half-crazed hermit will take the young warrior on a trek deep into the past, to last days of the Atlantean Remnant, fighting for their lives against all the soldiers of Mycenaean Greece... and the might of the Olympian Gods.

Take control of Belos the Dorian to search for the mysterious hermit, Tyrxes. Later, take control of Tyrxes himself, admiral of the Atlantean Remnant, and lead a host of defenders against the reformed Achean army, ordered by the Gods to eliminate the heretical Atlantean threat.

~> Ten playable scenarios, with a number of cinematic scenarios between.
~> RPG, FF, and B&D gameplay styles.
~> Highly detailed, eye-candy filled maps.
~> Lots of complicated trigger work... keeps things interesting.
~> Custom campaign backgrounds and overlays.
~> Custom modpack with dozens of new units and textures.
~> Also includes new God powers and technologies.
~> Custom SFX, dialog, and music pack.
~> Custom AI scripts by Matt Kingshott.

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:

Belos
(1096 B.C.) Belos is an archer hero and scholar of the Dorians.
Tyrxes (the hermit)
(1096 B.C.) Tyrxes is the mysterious hermit who knows the dark reasons of the downfall of Greece.
Tyrxes (the admiral)
(1154 B.C.) Tyrxes, not so mysterious now, is admiral and leader of the southern colonial army of Atlantis.
Orestes
(1154 B.C.) Orestes, son of Agamemnon, is king of Mycenae and a leader of the new Achean army.
Menelaus
(1154 B.C.) Menelaus, brother of Agamemnon, is king of Sparta and a leader of the new Achean army.
Neimos
(1154 B.C.) Neimos, friend of Tyrxes, is the admiral of the northern colonial army of Atlantis.

Other characters include Aigimios, Halimedes, Brontes, and more. The modpack also includes dozens of other specialty and eye-candy units.

CAMPAIGN COMPLETION: 90%

Screenshots:

Characters:

• Belos, warrior and scholar of the Dorian people. Cinematic, Standard.
  • Tyrxes, admiral of the Atlantean Remnant. Cinematic, Standard.
  • The Greek kings Orestes and Menelaus, of Mycenae and Sparta, respectively.
  • Who's this guy?

Gameplay:

• Belos fights off bandits in the wilderness of Greece.
  • Belos faces the dangers of a mountain cave.
  • The fighting is fierce along the walls of New Atlantis.
  • It's pretty fierce outside 'em, too.
  • The wall is breached!
  • The Atlanteans must hold the courtyard. * NEW *

Eye-Candy:

• The southern colony of the Atlantean Remnant.
  • The columned, walkable walls near the main gates.
  • The city of Mycenae, burning. * NEW *

Cinematics:

• Belos ponders amongst the ruins of Greece.
  • Chatting with an old man by the fire.
  • Approaching Mount Pilios in the rain.
  • A dark, misty, wraith-filled cave behind a waterfall... sounds like fun.
  • They've destroyed a lightly-guarded catapult! A resounding victory for the mighty Atlanteans!
  • Could this really be part of the campaign? You bet your ass it is.
  • Never sneak up on an old man.
  • The sinking of Atlantis.
  • Wandering through the north woods... not always a good idea.
  • Finally, a nice secluded place to start a colony.
  • The city is under attack!
  • Council of war, Atlantean-style.
  • Tyrxes delivers his report to the Theocrat. * NEW *
  • Orestes, King of Mycenae, in thought by a window. * NEW *
  • He doesn't look especially happy. * NEW *
  • Tyrxes encourages the Atlanteans manning the walls. * NEW *
  • Uh oh, there goes Peter Frampton's big finale. He's gonna be pissed off. * NEW *
  • The Greeks in battle formation. * NEW *
  • The Atlanteans... also in battle formation. * NEW *
  • The Atlantean Arcae attempt to destroy the Ram of the Gods. * NEW *
  • The city is laid open to the Greeks. * NEW *
  • The wrath of the Olympian Gods. * NEW *

Webpage temporarily down.

>>> SPECIAL NOTICE <<<

To all of those who have been anticipating the release of this campaign, I'd like to offer my apologies to you. Since it's announcement, I've set several "release dates" for the project. All of which were, obviously, never fulfilled. The most recent has been Christmas Eve 2004, which unfortunately seems unlikely at this point.

Although I would have liked to come through on the dates specified, especially the latter, circumstances simply didn't allow it. I realise now that I should never have set such dates as I did, not until I was merely putting finishing touches on the project. Certainly not at the state the project is currently in. Indeed, I've put a more realistic, albeit a little conservative, completion percentage up for the project.

Understand that I'm not apologizing for my work or lack of it, depending on how you want to look at it. This is just a hobby for me, and I'll set my own pace. I won't be pressured into an early release.

That said, I'm still working on it, on and off. There's quite a lot to do yet, but I remain optimistic. It will be released eventually, within a few months, if not weeks. And the release date will be set no more than a week in advance, when the project is, for all intents and purposes, complete. The bottomline is, of course, it will be released.

>>> THAT'S IT <<<

Your Divine Overlord
    King Jared

GMM :: MMM :: LSA (Coming Soon)
    Tsunami Studios
    Contact your King at...
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 12-15-2004 @ 07:04 PM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03 January 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 567  
    This sounds very interesting, will you be releasing screenshots?
    EDIT:Noticed Link

Quoted from King Jared:

RPG, FF, and B&D gameplay styles.

I have an exellent RPG guide you could use, access it via my signature.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
    ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
    Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 01-03-2004 @ 06:05 PM).]

posted 03 January 2004 05:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 567  
    Now this looks awesome, no wait Super awesome. I will definatly play it.
    ...Probably use that nice atlantis city for my blood scenerio.. ;-)

Need Help? E-mail Me!
    Completed Projects: Diety Battle II
    Projects in Development:
    Supreme Deity I 34% Complete
    posted 03 January 2004 06:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 567  
    Just saw screens, HOLY i will definatly play.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
    ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
    Member since May 5th, 2003
    posted 03 January 2004 10:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 567  
    Those are the best unit mods I've ever seen. Most people never try to edit the units' cinematic looks. Great job!
    posted 04 January 2004 03:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 567  
    Thanks for the suggestion, jonathan1222, but I've actually long since finished the RPG scenarios. The first two "full" screenshots are the RPGs. There's also one other short RPG scenario which I finished today. The style of RPG I try to mimic is pretty close to the game "Shadows of the Empire" for N64.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 01-04-2004 @ 03:54 AM).]

posted 04 January 2004 04:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 567  
    It looks great!!! Your site looks also great.
    Just great

|| argalius.elpea.net
    || Cherub at AoE3H
    || In honor of FlipBizcut
    || Mod: The Age of Crusades
    posted 04 January 2004 05:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 567  

Quote:

Most people never try to edit their cinematic looks.

That's all I ever do, I can't seem to edit their NON-cinematic looks.

Anyway, this campaing sounds and looks great. I look forward to its release.

tHuNdErBoLtZ
    Once known as Servant_ofKronos
    "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. I am President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George Bush
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - Farmer's Almanac, 1978

posted 04 January 2004 10:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 567  

Quote:

Shadows of the Empire

That wasn't RPG, was it?

This looks very good though, and I wish you luck!

posted 04 January 2004 11:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 567  
    That looks and sounds great!!! I am definetly gonna play it!!! Those are some of the best looking units i have seen!!!
    posted 05 January 2004 01:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 567  
    It wasn't? Then what the hell is an RPG?! Oh, I don't care... something like Zelda, isn't it?

Anyway, I copied whatever style of game Shadows of the Empire was, where you control one guy, kill any enemies in your way, complete some objectives, earn bonuses (god powers and technologies and what not... health and weapons in SotE), and fight a "boss" at some point... probably closer to first-person shooter, except that it's third-person perspective. It's sort of like Zelda, I guess... only there's no shops or talking to people or solving riddles or going through complicated obstacle courses. It's more just walk, kill, use god power, walk, kill, walk, kill, kill, get tech upgrade, walk, kill, kill, kill, walk, boss, kill, walk, done.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 01-05-2004 @ 01:58 PM).]

posted 05 January 2004 03:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 567  
    sounds awesum. also i would like to say that your site is VERY cool.

Wrap a towel round the bloody stump
    Take my baby's body to the city dump
    Then wipe the mess off the bloody axe
    Scoope all the heads into my burlap sack
    - dexter holland
    posted 05 January 2004 05:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 567  
    whoaa cool The screenshots are sweet! I like the way you shaped those walls in the city screenshot, very nice

^Redwolf^
    Don't sit there and take it! They built it we can break it!-AF
    Voted The AOMH favorite newbie '03(first semester)
    Member of the Phantom Warrior clan
    Proud Member of Dragon Gaming Design Network
    \...\Skate and Destroy/.../
    posted 05 January 2004 05:20 PM EDT (US)     13 / 567  
    In the city screenshot, is that a modded Trojan Wall?

tHuNdErBoLtZ
    "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. I am President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George Bush
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - Farmer's Almanac, 1978

posted 05 January 2004 06:42 PM EDT (US)     14 / 567  
    oooo those are some nice mods, and the mapdesign looks kewl! Good work so far!

~~**GodOfExplosives**~~
    ~~~~^~)Scn Designer and Modder(~^~~~~
    {~Proud Member of Tsunami Studios~}
    Homer: I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

[This message has been edited by godofexplosives (edited 01-05-2004 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 05 January 2004 07:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 567  
    Definatly going to play, looks awesome

"I'm about 6'1 and 6'6 depending on which convenience store I'm leavin'"
    "Dessy, why the hell are you drinking?!"-QH
    "We're going to be at this all day"
    ESO names:LoTD_Destro
    Join the LoTD Clan!!
    LP rules
    posted 06 January 2004 12:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 567  
    I coppled together the walls from the Titan-age Palace, the Oritich..os..chala..kalosis.... the strongest Atlantean walls, and based them on the original Trojan Wall map.

That was the easy part, though. Putting the walls together took so long. You'll see when it's released. I had to resize hundreds of columns and placed them along the walkable walls, crossing them with fallen columns. Well, not had to... there wasn't really any purpose to them, but they look neat. So that took a few hours. Plus I had to level and position the walls just so, because they don't bend with the elevation, then join them together evenly, and then position them as close to the walkable part as possible, again making sure they were evenly spaced... it was the most painful part of the whole thing. Looks good, though.

Hey... does it bother anyone else that the "Campaign Announcement" part of the thread title is longer than the campaign title itself? ... It's been bothering me...

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 01-06-2004 @ 12:43 PM).]

posted 06 January 2004 12:52 PM EDT (US)     17 / 567  
    Very cool modding there King Jared, and I see you used some ideas from boshek's campiagn making thread too

Have you got MSN Messenger, I'd like to help you

Here are some mods that I have made too if you are interested...

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 01-06-2004 @ 12:53 PM).]

posted 06 January 2004 12:55 PM EDT (US)     18 / 567  
    @King Jared: Those screenshots are so fantastic!

Did you do them, if so you are so skilled!

*Nips self, doesn't wake up*

Do you collect Warhammer? I do. I collect Dwarves

[This message has been edited by Good Ol Dwarph (edited 01-06-2004 @ 01:00 PM).]

posted 07 January 2004 01:03 PM EDT (US)     19 / 567  
    Maybe for another campaign, RiderOfEternity. I've been done the mods for this one for some time. I only do minor modifications to the existing textures at this point.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    big.vitt@gmail.com
    posted 07 January 2004 01:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 567  

Quote:

from boshek's campiagn making thread too

Hey if you want to talk about that, you have to pay me royalties...it's copyrighted.

posted 07 January 2004 01:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 567  
    Well if you were in a team you could get extrs help (no im not talking about modding, that was just to attract you ). say Merlord studios for example?

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    posted 07 January 2004 04:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 567  
    I made a noobish scenario and named it "Atlantis's Final Stand" before seeing this...conspiraci -_-

Wanna hear someone smart talking? Well, you're at the wronger poster...
    posted 07 January 2004 04:40 PM EDT (US)     23 / 567  

Quote:

I made a noobish scenario and named it "Atlantis's Final Stand" before seeing this...conspiraci -_-

Merely coincedence.

But they do say...coincedence = conspiracy... j/k

posted 07 January 2004 05:03 PM EDT (US)     24 / 567  

Quote:

Oritich..os..chala..kalosis....

You mean Orichalkos, perhaps?

Well, this map looks GREAT and I'm definitely gonna play it!!!

tHuNdErBoLtZ

posted 08 January 2004 12:52 PM EDT (US)     25 / 567  
    That, that was it... Orichalkos. I just didn't want to look for the real name.

Anyway, shminkledorf, I came up with this back in September, and then it was called Last Stand of the Atlanteans. But I saw a campaign called The Last of the Atlanteans, and I thought that it was too similar, so I changed it. I didn't even know about your project... in fact, I still don't know if yours even exists. So I think I'll keep things just as they are.

And RiderOfEternity, I'm going to be perfectly honest... I don't think I would trust anyone but myself with the bulk of the campaign work I do. The only thing I could see myself drawing from a team would be things I'm not able to do myself, like 3D modelling and AI scripting, and possibly some voice acting... it's tough trying to do every character in a campaign. Other than that, I've got things pretty much under control.

Your Divine Overlord
    KING JARED
    big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 01-08-2004 @ 01:02 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 23  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Announcement: The Last Stand of Atlantis
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames