Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1 The Rhinegold
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 25 March 2004 09:24 PM EDT (US)   
This old showcase thread was timed out...please check the new showcase thread here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,20471,,all

or download the campaign here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4079

THE RING OF THE NIBELUNGEN. Act 1: THE RHINE GOLD

STUDIO: The Vandhaal
PROGRESS:95 %
RELEASE DATE: unknown
TYPE: Campaign Mixed game types Rpg/ Fixed forces/ Build and destroy
INFO:

The Norns discover that their spinningwheel has made a knot in the rope of time... It is an ill omen. The Dark Alba will rise. He will change the worlds of mortals..and gods...forever....in the end, he can cause the downfall of the light Alba himself

Alberich the Nibelungen(A Nightdwarfs) steals the magical Rhinegold from the Daughters of the Rhine...With the powers this treasure holds he finally can fullfill his longlast dream: to become the ruler of Nibelheim and the entire world. As Alberich and his army start their tour of destruction he is not aware that he will play a key role in a deal between Wotan ,the supreme leader of the gods, and the Titans....

The Campaign will take you from the underground world of Nibelheim along the various races which live along the river Rhine up into the realm of the gods themselves and... back.You take controle of Alberich, his generals and his legions as they proceed to meet their destiny...

Features

• 7 playable and 7 full cinematic scenarios
  • Playable scenarios have mixed styles: rpg, ff, b&d
  • Playable scenarios contain many cinematic parts
  • All cinematics are very detailed
  • Maps are very detailed and have personalized location features (some of you call this eyecandy I just call it detailed)
  • Rpg scenarios contain *"simple" puzzles and *"simple" interaction (like bying stuff, choosing turning points, talk, etc.*At least: In my point of view they are simple
  • Some scenarios contain weather conditions
  • The sound/dialoque tracks are based on Leitmotifs just as the original opera.
  • A nice story line. Links to the next parts of this tale (The valkyries, Siegfried and the twillight of the gods) are embedded in the storyline.
  • For the techlovers amongst you: Campaign contains some nice trigger work (I lost count on how many but who cares...)
  • For the lazy guys or the once who do not like rpg games i will write a walktrhough so they won't have to use cheatcodes (and miss some nice parts and/or story pieces of the game)
  • Well a lot more of stuff which you have find out yourself.

Screenshots and artworks
To view some preview screenshots please go to the Vandhaals Aom screenshots pages:Info and images on/of the main characters can be found in the Aom artwork sector of The vandhaal website.go along this way

Wagners Ring saga
The Rhine Gold is based on the first Opera in the Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus by Richard Wagner
Wagners Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus consist out of 4 operas.Besides great music, you all will probably know The Ride of the valkyries, the story is an interesting mix of heroes/ magic/ battle/death/deceipt.Wagners Operas are based upon the old tale of Das Nibelungen Lied (German, Low Lands and Norse myths)

The 4 operas are called:

(1) The Rhine Gold (current campaign project)
(2) The Valkyrie (possible next project..who kowns...)
(3) Siegfried (possible next project ..who knows..)
(4) Twillight of the gods (possible next projects..who knows)

If you like to read a short description of the other 3 parts of this tale, please
go along this way

General progress statistics:

• scen1 95% Full cinematic prologue
  • scen2 95% Rpg
  • scen3 95% Full cinematic
  • scen4 95% Mixed: Rpg + FF + B&D
  • scen5 80% short FF
  • scen5 95% Full cinematic
  • scen6 95% B&D
  • scen7 95% mixed: Rpg + FF + B&D
  • scen8 95% Full cinematic
  • scen9 95% Mixed: FF + Rpg
  • scen10 95% Full cinematic
  • scen11 95% B&D
  • scen12 95% Full cinematic
  • scen13 95% B&D
  • scen14 95% Full cinematic

Playtesters:
Second final round tester:
1) Antisback
2) Liv3
3) Felix Hermansson
4) King Jared
5) Auron
6) Tbarak

Second round final testing is at about: 100%
Editing will start soon

Third final round tester: The Vandhaal (has not yet started)

Fourth final round tester: .......(has not yet started)

Email or visit The Vandhaal website if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.
email
webmaster@vandhaal.zzn.com

web
www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

This old showcase thread was timed out...please check the new showcase thread here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,20471,,all

or download the campaign here: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4079

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:33 AM).]

Replies:
posted 25 March 2004 09:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Sounds and looks pretty good, but the screenshots need some spice. Rocks, grass, flowers, more of that. Right now they look pretty barren, desolate if it weren't for the nice terrain mixing.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 25 March 2004 09:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 32  
Thanx for the reaction Byzantine.

Maybe you could give me a clue how I can make screenshots from a cinematic (Not using the print scrn button)and do not worry the maps are everything but barren they have plenty details (rocks, grass,etc etc)

Well thanx again for the reaction.
Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
posted 25 March 2004 09:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32  
Ctrl-F12 or Ctrl-Shift-F12 I belive. They will appear in My Documents/My Games/Age of Mythology/Screenshots

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 25 March 2004 10:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 32  
Thanx Byzantine,

I have tried that already bu ctrl- F12 only works when cinematic mode is off

Thanx for the quick reaction.

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 26 March 2004 02:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 32  
Hey, I like the last screenie of the castle!

GODReunited
KMM :: SGG :: DMC (Coming Soon)
MM :: MMF
Contact your local mapper at...
dwarphy@hotmail.com
ESO Rating

posted 26 March 2004 05:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 32  
These are nice screenies!

-=Skycat=-

[This message has been edited by Skycat (edited 03-26-2004 @ 05:26 AM).]

posted 26 March 2004 06:22 PM EDT (US)     7 / 32  
Well, take some screenshots in the editor.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 26 March 2004 11:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 32  
Lol, byzantine

I already did...but i wanted to take some action shots from cinematics...I made some screenshots from cinematics with the printscrn button on the keyboard..but the problem with that is that you only can make one at the time and then paste it into a new photoshop file. So you cannot make more at one time..That's why i was wondering if their is a more speedy way to make more screenshots when the game is in cinematic mode.....but i quess i have to do with the printscrn button.

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 26 March 2004 11:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 32  
No, I've taken shots in cinematic mode. I don't know why you can't. Try Shift-Ctrl-F12.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
posted 26 March 2004 11:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 32  
Aaaha.. ok so it must be possible I will try again..

Thanx for the info.

Best regards,

Thw Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 27 March 2004 04:31 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Wow. This looks fun! Love the screenies

Il_Roxy_lI
posted 27 March 2004 05:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 32  
Wow, this looks magnificent, congratulations! The sceenshots are very beautiful and creative!

I have a few questions: how many team members have worked on the scenario? Is the team German?

posted 27 March 2004 07:51 PM EDT (US)     13 / 32  
hello Alexandergreat3 and Roxy,

Thanx for the reactions.

Some answers to Alexandergreat3 questions:

(1)

Quote:

how many teammembers have worked on the scenario ?

Just one guy is working on this campaign project

(2)

Quote:

is the team German ?

No the team (the Vandhaal) is Dutch but has also German roots. I think you ask this because Wagners Ring der Nibelungen is based upon German myths? Am I right?

Well thanx again for your reaction.
Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 27 March 2004 09:01 PM EDT (US)     14 / 32  

Quote:

I think you ask this because Wagners Ring der Nibelungen is based upon German myths? Am I right?

Yes, you're right =).

Quote:

Just one guy is working on this campaign project

That's very impressive, because I can imagine how much work it would require from one designer to do that many scenarios. If you don't mind, can I ask how long have you worked on this campaign?

posted 27 March 2004 09:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 32  
Hello Alexandergreat3,

Quote:

If you don't mind, can I ask how long have you worked on this campaign?

Well I started this campaign project last year (2003) November/December or so. But i do not work on it as regular as I did in the past with other campaigns/scenarios I made.

The good thing about not working on it all the time is that it stays fun and that I can think in different angels of approach and look at it with a fresh view each time as I start working on it. For this project i did not watch the time but I think it took me a lot of days ( I estimate it on about 20 to 30 days uptill now including the artworks and developing the website). The most time robbing thing is always testing it.I always enjoy it that I learn more with every step/progress i make when creating a game (and ofcourse things get quicker done everytime I learn more.)

I hope this answers your question a little bit.

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 03-27-2004 @ 09:32 PM).]

posted 28 March 2004 06:39 AM EDT (US)     16 / 32  
The campaign looks great, i love the screenshots!
posted 01 April 2004 00:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 32  
Hello all,

I have added some images and info of/on the main characters of this upcoming campaign to my website. ( find them in the aom artwork sector)

Check them out at www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 01 April 2004 10:15 AM EDT (US)     18 / 32  
Looks very interesting, I look forward to playing it. The screenshots are nice, a very surrealist quality to them. Good work and good luck.

I noticed before a question was raised regarding cinematic screenshots. The only way I've been able to them is using the Print Screen button, saving the image to the clipboard, and then pasting them into a program like MS Paint. The built-in screenshot feature has never really worked for me in that regard...

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com
posted 01 April 2004 01:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 32  
Hello king Jared,

Yes I have tried to make the maps and all the other stuff in this project a bit
surrealistic. I inspired the design a bit on old silent, expressionist, black and white movies and tried to work in what i call themed concepts.

About the screenshot thing in cinematic mode:

yes I also can only make screenshots of cinematics by using the print screen button and past the file to photoshop.
To bad because you only can make one shot at a time...and hope you time it right to get a nice screnshot (But with some timing and patience it works..lol)

Thanx for the reaction,
Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 04 April 2004 06:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 32  
Post is edited see above

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-20-2004 @ 07:58 PM).]

posted 16 April 2004 05:19 PM EDT (US)     21 / 32  
post is edited see above

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-20-2004 @ 07:59 PM).]

posted 20 April 2004 08:07 PM EDT (US)     22 / 32  
Post is updated
I have added some more screenshots and updated some of the previous ones. (spread over 4 pages).
Some of the new screenshots are larger for your viewing pleasure...Check them out if you like.
Furthermore I have added some more info on the main Characters to the artwork page of my site.

If you are interested in some of the original Ring Of the Nibelungen stuff by Wagner (research stuff of this campaign project)Please check out the links section on the Vandhaal website.

Well that's it for this update...
best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 04-20-2004 @ 10:28 PM).]

posted 20 April 2004 09:41 PM EDT (US)     23 / 32  
Your site is nice and the artwork and pictures there are quite beautiful. I think the depth of your character development and story elements are also superb. A project like this deserves a try once complete just based on its size and scope. Looking forward to it!
posted 20 April 2004 10:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 32  
Thanx for the reaction tbarak,

Yes I like to go deep into a story. The story on which this game is based has interested me for a long time.Although I couldn't use it as it was (I had to adapt it for this game :like making up much more storyline which could be translated into a battle rts game and I changed the two Giant brothers into Titans...well the reason for that is obvious)I think i made a story which does not destroy the real tale and is much more fun in a game like Aom.

In general: I am doing my best to make this game as good as possible (technical,playable and artistic) and to keep the filesize within the AomH parameters (practical for downloaders).

Thanx again for the reaction,
best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

posted 08 May 2004 09:34 PM EDT (US)     25 / 32  
Above post is updated.. Ok I just have finsihed the new added scenario. I am very hyped about the stuff i made in this scenario and it inspired me to do more..but I desided to not make any further major changes (The new ideas i have and trigger tricks which i worked out must wait for another project) so the final testing of the complete work and minor tweaking on all seperate scenarios will start! ...soon..

I have also added some new screenshots to the Aom screenshot pages of my website (Check them out on page 2 and 3).

That's all for this update.
Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1 The Rhinegold
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames