Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Trigger trick for Modifying GOD POWERs
posted 06 May 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)   
The strength of certain GOD POWERS can be modified by using triggers. This is done my modifying the objects that are associated with these particular powers.

For example: if you want to give 1,000 attack to the meteor power, use the effect Modify Protounit, and give 1,000 attack to the object named meteor. (Interestingly, the shockwave godpower can be modified to have an attack that kills .)

MODIFIABLE GOD POWERS:

GOD POWERS OBJECTS to Modify

Bolt ...................... Bolt Strike
EarthQuake ................ EarthQuake
Forest Fire ............... Forest Fire Attack
Implode ................... Implode Sphere – this damages the units that are sucked in
Implode ShockWave – the shockwave that damages only buildings.

LightningStorm ............ Lightning Strike
Meteor .................... Meteor
SPC Meteor ................ SPC Meteor
Tornado ................... Tornado
Tremor (Shockwave) ........ Tremor

GOD POWER STATS:
(playtested in the editor)

GOD POWERS DAMAGE vs. ENEMY villager/Unit/Building

Bolt ...................... 10,000 (hack, pierce, and crush dmg)
EarthQuake ................ 200 hack + 1,300 crush damage per second.
Forest Fire ............... 4 pierce + 40 crush damage per hit
Implode ................... Implode Sphere – 200 (hack dmg)
Implode ShockWave – 5,000 crush dmg. vs buildings

LightningStorm ............ 200 (pierce dmg) + 150 (crush dmg) per hit; total damage cannot exceed
800 (vil), 5,500 (unit), 800 (building)
Meteor .................... 100hack + 900crush per hit
SPC Meteor ................ 10 Million damage per hit!
Tornado ................... About 20hack + 100crush per second.
Tremor (Shockwave) ........ No damage (Notes: this power can do damage if it is modified with an attack.)

If anyone sees any errors with the godpower stats, please let me know.

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 05-07-2004 @ 10:08 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06 May 2004 05:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Woah interesting stuff, this'll certainly come in handy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always pretty sure Lightning Storm did pierce damage...

posted 06 May 2004 06:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
Cool, and just a question:
Is there a way to modify recharge time for god powers?

~RaZyCaY~

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous Everyone hasn't met me yet

posted 06 May 2004 08:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
Thanks for your correction, Archeopterix . The lightning storm does pierce and crush damage, but no hack damage at all. (How did you notice that it does pierce damage?)

RazyCay,

As far as I know, it's impossible to edit other attributes of god powers, such as recharge time, unfortunately.

posted 06 May 2004 08:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
Well, hello everyone, I'm new here... It seems this thing is very interesting! (although I found how to do that a few weeks ago...)

This stuff will be in your AOM\god powers folder, and if you have used something like aomed.

I just wanted to pointed out, that if you want to make gp's last longer, you can always edit the active time line, like this in locust swarm. And for cool FX, for things like meteor, tornado, or lighting, you can set it to last 50 seconds to have it end when the music ends! <activetime>28.0</activetime>

You can also edit its radius, but I don't I like making gp's longer... ... With this line, like this one for Locust Swarm.
<radius>8.0</radius>

You should back up your gp's and dont screw around with them too much, or then if it's screwed up, your AI for enemies won't compile or work, and your attie/all god powers will just be lure, as it is the first gp xmb/xml in the list, called animal magnetism. I just wanted to point that out.

To RazyCay, you can do this to change the recharges and recharge times for gp's with thses lines (with the spaces/tab, maybe you don't have to but I do), but then it doesn't have to be 500 or 0 recharge time as I've done to my spiders.xmb/xml file just for laughs and the screams...
<recharges>500</recharges>
<rechargetime>0</rechargetime>

Oh yeah, alexandergreat3, you can also check out the proto.xml/xmb and protox.xml/xmb in the AOM\data folder (with aomed or something like that from the data.bar, or was it also data2.bar? I'm assuming you don't know it because you don't refer to it... Use the names you gave and find it in the proto file.)

Hehe... Sorry for posting another small note of a guide and ruining the topic, but I couldn't help it... (please forgive me if I did anything wrong)

Bah! there isn't any spaces in the post... oh well... It's a tab if you wanted to know.

[This message has been edited by Thegoodmad attie (edited 05-06-2004 @ 08:38 PM).]

posted 06 May 2004 09:16 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
Thegoodmad attie,

Manually editing through the proto is modding, and would not be a good way in AOM for a couple reasons:

1) Out of Sync
2) Scenarios don't save these information

posted 06 May 2004 11:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
Actually, from what I've seen, modding IS encoded into the scenarios. For instance, one can change the dimensions of a unit or building with the proto.xmb, and the skewing will remain present if downloaded over ESO.

I'm not saying for sure these statistics would be saved in a scenario, but some data is saved. *shrugs*

GAD - I really need AoM:TT so I can change all this cool stuff, I'm sick of editing unit sizes manually :P

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
posted 07 May 2004 03:53 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
Do you guys perhaps know how to modify a healing spring ?

Proud member of Ambition Designs

Rule # 1: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start it !

-Edmund Blackadder

posted 07 May 2004 07:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
yes i do know how to modify a spring

use the "modify protounit" command

choose healing spring

And set the healing rate, Range, Etc to whatever you want

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
posted 07 May 2004 07:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
sticky this.
posted 07 May 2004 07:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
Thanks nifty !

Proud member of Ambition Designs

Rule # 1: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start it !

-Edmund Blackadder

posted 07 May 2004 11:31 AM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
Actually, how about instead of stickying this is submitted to the Articles Library thingy? (maybe an expanded versionm, with more comments and ideas given by the forumers in this thread)

-=Skycat=-
posted 07 May 2004 12:55 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
Plz Note

Since the Healing Springs Convert For each player you MUST do this trigger for each Player

You Can also Alter Plenty Vaults this way, By chaging their gather rate of each reasource for each player

You can Also Alter the Ancestors Power too!! just got to add a "if GP is cast" trigger and make it last for 1 minute or it will effect mminions of mummies too.

PS2MAN

posted 07 May 2004 01:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  

Quote:

How did you notice that it does pierce damage

Norse Wars . In late game, usually my units had (I don't play it now anymore) like 98% pierce armor. I usually didn't upgrade the hack armor. However, I noticed that with the 98% pierce armor, lightning storm GP was worthless .

And another thing, I think most people assume that lightning storm only affects units. However, experience (in the scenario editor) told me that that ISNT TRUE.

Lightning storm also affects buildings, but buildings have in general more than 90%+ pierce armor. Only when targeted on i.e. houses, tents, columns and fences, you can see the effect. (Well, you'll also see some effect on a Migdol I guess, but that won't be very spectacular).

posted 07 May 2004 10:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
im having trouble........ where is "modifyprotounit"?
and do i have to have a certain edition of the editor?

Death is easy, comedy is hard
posted 07 May 2004 10:41 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
nobeastliving,

You must have The Titan expansion's editor to do this.
-

Quoted from nifty_PS2Man:

use the "modify protounit" command

choose healing spring

And set the healing rate, Range, Etc to whatever you want

This is strange, because I've tried modifying the healing rate/range of the spring, and it didn't work. (Has anyone else been able to modify the spring's healing rate/range?)

[This message has been edited by Alexandergreat3 (edited 05-07-2004 @ 10:47 PM).]

posted 07 May 2004 11:20 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
i have titans expansion but where on the list does it say modifyprotounit?

Death is easy, comedy is hard
posted 08 May 2004 04:21 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
It's Modify Protounit with a space. And it's just as all other effects in the trigger effects dropdown.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
posted 08 May 2004 08:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
when you mod the spring you got to do it for each player not gaia

which i posted before

PS2MAN

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Trigger trick for Modifying GOD POWERs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames