Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Creating a campaign for titans
posted 11 May 2004 03:36 PM EDT (US)   
Hi.

1. I tried making a campaign using the instructions in the design library, but it didn't work. Any advice?

2. How do you make a scenario end smoothly, I mean when an AoM scenario ended, it says "You are Victorious" and then fades into a black screen and then goes to the "Continue your Journey" screen. When I do it, it automatically goes to the "Continue your Journey" screen when the last objective is satisfied. What combination of triggers do I need?

3. Is there anyway to make a 2 player campaign for LAN conections, if so how?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to make a campaign and its hardwork as I have had absolutly no experience what-so-ever apart from a few practice scenarios. Thanks for any help.

Replies:
posted 11 May 2004 04:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
1. Hi, its TitanHeart!

I do not know how to make campaigns using note pad, but I do strongly advise you to use AoMCM by Cheezy Monkey (or i think it is by him, not sure), AoMCM is a brilliant simple way to make an age of mythology campaign!

posted 11 May 2004 04:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
2. The second question answer is:

New trigger:

Lets call it: End Victory

New Condition: Just any condition that you want to end.
New Effect: You Win.
New Effect: Fire Event: Fade

New trigger:

Lets call it: Fade

New Condition: Timer: 1
New Effect: Fade to colour
New Effect: Fire Event: Continue

New trigger:

Lets call it: Continue

New Condition: Timer: 3
New Effect: Advance Campaign Scenario

And there you are!!!

posted 11 May 2004 04:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
3. Sorry, you cant play campaigns on multi, only scenarios, and can only make 1 human player in a campaign.

Hope this helps, TitanHeart!

Bye!

posted 11 May 2004 04:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Oh yeah! AoMCM is found in the download central, in search for: Cheezy Monkey.
posted 11 May 2004 04:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
1. There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the campaign files so maybe I can offer a bit of advise. Here is a copy of the .cpn file from one of my campaigns. Copy it into Notepad just as it is but don't use the edit feature as I have put coding in for bolding certain text which is explained later. Just use the copy and paste features (highlight the coding, press CTRL-C then put your cursor in Notepad and press CTRL-V.

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<campaign name = "Raistlin's Quest For Love" version = "1">
<BackgroundSet name = "Atlantis">
<Image pos = "1">ui\campmap_atlantis1</Image>
<Image pos = "2">ui\campmap_atlantis2</Image>
<Image pos = "3">ui\campmap_atlantis3</Image>
<Image pos = "4">ui\campmap_atlantis4</Image>
<Image pos = "5">ui\campmap_atlantis5</Image>
<Image pos = "6" textureReplace="">ui\campmap_atlantis6</Image>
<Image pos = "7" textureReplace="">ui\campmap_atlantis7</Image>
<Image pos = "8">ui\campmap_atlantis8</Image>
<Image pos = "9">ui\campmap_atlantis9</Image>
<Image pos = "10">ui\campmap_atlantis10</Image>
<Image pos = "11">ui\campmap_atlantis11</Image>
<Image pos = "12">ui\campmap_atlantis12</Image>
</BackgroundSet>
<Scenario dispName = "Boy Meets Girl"
filename = "RaistlinIntro.scx"
BackgroundSet = "Atlantis"> At a market fair Raistlin meets the girl of his dreams. Help Raistlin sneak a kiss from his beloved Crys.
</Scenario>
<Scenario dispName = "Crys is Kidnapped" filename = "RaistlinLove.scx" BackgroundSet = "Atlantis">Crys is kidnapped by the evil Helios, and Raistlin has to cross into Canukalan to rescue her.
<Overlay offset = "464 399" size = "32 32">ui\overlay_red_09</Overlay>
</Scenario>
</campaign>

This script gives you a campaign with two scenarios. The stuff in bold is what you will customize to suit your campaign. The lines with the suffix .scx are your scenarios and their names go there. The other text is the various titles and instructions that show up on the screens in between the scenarios. Right, after you've cut and pasted the above script, alter it to suit your project. Once done, in Notepad, click saveas, name your file whatever, in the save as type use the pulldown menu and put "all" in that field, then in the encoding field put UTF-8 and hit the save button. This will create a .cpn file and there you have it. If your campaign has more than two scenarios you will have to copy the part that starts with the line <Scenario DispName=....and ends with the word</Scenario> as many times as is necessary.

There are various utilities to create campaign files but the one on the Heaven DL section I can't seem to DL it myself.

2. There is a trigger called fade to colour. Trigger that first so the screen goes black, then advance your campaign.

3. Note sure about creating campaigns for LAN connections.

posted 11 May 2004 05:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Thanks a lot
posted 12 May 2004 10:19 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
I'd not use a program to make a campaign file. It's better to understand it fully (quite easy if it's explained well), so that you can make quick changes. If you, for example, are positioning Overlays (thus switching between AoM and desktop), it's handier to change the code directly.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Creating a campaign for titans
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames