Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My Campaign
posted 03 July 2004 01:13 PM EDT (US)   
Hello,

I am making a new camapaign called "The Giants of Agmar" which is a tale of Oddyseus or "Misthill" saving random contries and camps from 5 evil brothers...
The evil brothers are gargerensis but their names are different, these are the giants of Agmar.

Mission 1:
This mission takes place near the rubble of a city called Rockywater. This old city was known for making good wheat and carving runestones. (You will see why it is called Rockywaters if you look at the water near it enlarged Gold mines at the bottem )

Misthill arrives by boat on a cliff near the shores, and find a huge giant smashing buildings outside the camp's walls (It is rather easy becasue Oddyseus is modified to shoot 4 arrows and higher attack, armor and HP)
When Misthill slays the Giant the milita at the camp are very greatfull for his services.
Misthill is asked to lead their army into combat to get rid of evil HUGRIDLE (Gargerensis) that had sieged their city of Rockywaters.

Misthill leads the rabble of weary soldiers and angry milita south, and hears a large rumbling, when he looks South-west he sees a huge ram with 2 cyclops a side laying siege amougst a huge gate. The milita tell him he alone can kill the huge giant that leads it, but he is guarded, thats what they would help him with.

Misthill and his troops charged and became victorius over HUGRIDLE's horrible forces, however, HUGRIDLE fled to a literally hill fort which was well made thanks to elevation + smoothing techniques. However Misthill will need siege, this is when Rockywater's villagers help him out and make a new fashion of siege named Petrobolos...

(Mission 5 (second-to-last mission) goes back to Rockywaters and a great evil lays siege on the city once more, Misthill must defend it...)

P.S: I made some AWESOME mountain ranges in this, i really need to learn how to host pictures onto the site, there are little paths of "snow 1" or something that makes them walkable, they're amazing looking, and all roughened, then smoothed a little... wow...

Also, if someone wants to playtest the missions once completed, please, do so...

Sincerly,
Uthinkof1.

[This message has been edited by Uthinkof1 (edited 07-03-2004 @ 08:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03 July 2004 01:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Screenies!!!

Don't tell the whole story ...

Lexus
Current Designs:
The Silmarillion 5% || Elenamon 75%
The age of Men is over. The time of Orcs has come. Gothmog
posted 03 July 2004 02:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
If you're working by yourself I would cut 10 of the scenarios and at most take on four. I think you can still tell your story and save yourself having to sit at the computer until 2006 to finish. Trust me.
posted 03 July 2004 02:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
dunno I managed 15 scns in 6 months, then again map design wasn't brilliant, I encourage you to keep up this project, post some screens, and cut the number of scns by at least five

(¯`-.Proud Member of Ambition Designs and professer at Tsuniversity.-´¯)

Curent projects:
The Job 25% Complete Hot

Antisbackfiles.tk
For a guide on how to make WMV trailers for you campaign click Here

posted 03 July 2004 03:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
Hello and thank you for the replies...

tbarak, thank you for your help, I will take your advice, thanks alot ...
Lexus_reloaded, I don't know how to put on screenies, so....

I also need help with cinematics, do you guys know how to make a good one, and how to stop it....

-uthinkof1

posted 03 July 2004 03:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Oh no...

READ THE BLOODY FAQ AND THE LIBRARY

Lexus
Current Designs:
posted 03 July 2004 05:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
^^agreed

but how do you post screens?

[This message has been edited by the magical tree (edited 07-03-2004 @ 05:57 PM).]

posted 04 July 2004 01:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Runs for cover at last questions...

To post screenies, see my sig.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that people get inspired and feel they want to create a truly remarkable series of scenarios. But often it's easy to get carried away with enthusiasm and not really appreciate how huge a job a project of this magnitude can become. I think Antisback, you probably have more experience than Uthink so likely you were able to work faster. I prefer quality over quantity anytime.

I know a little about cinematics and don't mind helping you if I can, but, first read the articles in the design library to get a rudimentary understanding of the topic. Then if you're still stuck or have specific questions, post them and I, or one of the other chaps, will do what we can to help.

posted 04 July 2004 10:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Good job, so far Uthinkof1!!!

[This message has been edited by the magical tree (edited 07-04-2004 @ 11:14 PM).]

posted 04 July 2004 10:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
No, I give up, I seriously can't do this, I rather be playing AoM!

[This message has been edited by Uthinkof1 (edited 07-04-2004 @ 11:16 PM).]

posted 05 July 2004 01:56 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
not another

(¯`·.¸¸.·>§σŕçęŕõŕ øƒ Σŕεbùś<·.¸¸.·´¯)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
posted 05 July 2004 11:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
I think I am going to stop posting advise in these types of threads. I would have been happy if you scaled it back, but killing the whole project? Oh well, you'll be back. The call of the editor is too much to resist.
posted 05 July 2004 12:17 PM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
ok, fine, Ill do it then
posted 05 July 2004 03:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
OMG *amused*. I expect a bunch of newbie questions in the near future .

Hey, before you ask, to enlarge a unit, press k, to shrink it, press shift-k.

posted 05 July 2004 05:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
LMFAO Player...but you're too late, he already did it:

Quote:

I also need help with cinematics, do you guys know how to make a good one, and how to stop it....

Damn indecisive too.

posted 06 July 2004 07:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
OMG make up your dam mind.. are you doing or not.. if i were you i'd make it shorter though.. thats some of the best advice you will get

(¯`·.¸¸.·>§σŕçęŕõŕ øƒ Σŕεbùś<·.¸¸.·´¯)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
posted 08 July 2004 09:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
I personally don't like the editor, like he said I rather be playing AoM
posted 08 July 2004 09:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
NO,

by all means I will make it, I have made up my mind, I am making a web page and expect to have the campaign hosted here in "Campaigns"

also, add me to your friends on ESO if you want
inostupid2

-Uthinkof1

posted 05 August 2004 09:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
ooh goody! a campaign to play
posted 05 August 2004 10:00 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
If you want campaigns to play, go to the download section.

Lexus
Current Designs:

[This message has been edited by Lexus_Reloaded (edited 08-05-2004 @ 10:00 AM).]

posted 05 August 2004 10:50 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
we need screenies so we can see if its a noob scen

Make his fight on the hill in the early day
Constant chill deep inside
Shouting gun, on they run through the endless gray
On they fight, for they are right, yes, but who's to say?
For a hill, men would kill. Why? They do not know
Suffered wounds test their pride

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » My Campaign
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames