Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Newbie's "Guide" To Making A Good Mountain Range
posted 04 July 2004 02:09 AM EDT (US)   
Hello,

I have made a EXCELLENT mountain range in my campaign The Giants of Agmar and I found it rather easy only using around 6 or 7 different 'tools' so, I thought for any of you "newbies" to the editor (like me) please, check this out.

Ok, dont go placing the cliffs yet, you need to know the steps first, and sorry, no screenies, I have yet to know how to post them, if someone tells me, I would be happy to host some pictures into a edited thread.

Now, to begin, for you newbies on the editor, click the "Paint Terrain" button in the upper left corner. Now you should see alot of "terrians" or groud that you can place, but know you need to drop down the list above the terrian options and click "snow"
Yes! there are many options to choose from, but I suggest "Norse cliff" one for my mountains. Alos, if you are making a already-made map, choose a snowy one, preferred by me, anyway...

Now, take the "Norse Cliff" terrian and paint 2 lines for whatever distence you want. Also make little branches out here and there, for variaty, be inventive.
Now you need to look at the top left hand icons again and you must click on the one with a hill and some kind of arrow near it, now click the norse cliff at the bottom of the list. Now make cliffs on either side of the path that you made. Make cliffs bunched up on each-other and things, use your imagination. Now you need to use the "elevation" effect and lower and highten the elevation here and there.
Now you need to use the roughen effect on top of the cliffs, as well as putting cliff norse terrian here and there and smoothing it off.

Now you should have a nice start to a perfect mountain range, walkable too Good Luck...

Someone tell me how to host screen shots, I want to for this thread...

-Uthinkof1

For more information about my campaign, click here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,19679,0,10

Also up coming website about my campaigns and those in the not-too-distant future (NO LotR ones)

Replies:
posted 04 July 2004 02:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
Firstly, put your pic on net using www.photobucket.com

then, write something like this:

(img)www.mypicure.com/mypicture.gif(/img)

But instead of using ( and ), use [ and ].

Fine, dont you think?

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

posted 04 July 2004 03:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
good guide but i had no idea what the hell you were on about ...
i just coulden't visulize it

havesteps ans screeniess, like Tahattus said use photobucket.. heres a link http://www.photobucket.com/

and look at my guides.. look how they are set out http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,19183,0,365]My All Mighty and POWERFUL GUIDE

even though my guide didn't make it into the libary

but your guide was nice .. (i understood most parts)

and your a newbie scen designer.. check out my site sometime

http://s3.invisionfree.com/sorceroroferebus/

but it was a nice guide (just making sure i'm not insulting ya )

(¯`·.¸¸.·>§σŕçęŕõŕ øƒ Σŕεbùś<·.¸¸.·´¯)
Professor for the Tsuninversity
Teacher for the NDA
Moderator At Age Quest
posted 04 July 2004 12:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
Hello,

Thanks for letting me now how to host pictures.
I will add some right away, thank you...
Here they are (finished):
[JPEG, (317.48 KB)]
[JPEG, (328.00 KB)]
[JPEG, (313.61 KB)]
[JPEG, (308.94 KB)]

uthinkof1

[This message has been edited by Uthinkof1 (edited 07-04-2004 @ 04:21 PM).]

posted 04 July 2004 06:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
I muzt klicky ze linkz. Vat iz not aczeptable.
posted 05 July 2004 11:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Ja. Ich will nicht glieden! Auf viedersehn und gut tag.

Ja, Ich sprechen klein Deutsch.

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
posted 05 July 2004 11:59 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
Those mountains don't look that spectacular, sorry.
posted 05 July 2004 12:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
CJ: Isnt it "guten tag" in german? Well, well... This is a english forum.

About the picturs. Sorry, I dont like them. Add threes, whatever, dont just have them without anything on.

posted 06 July 2004 12:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
It proabably is 'guten', and I am English. It wouldn't surprise me if I just used one word such as 'der' instead of 'der', 'die' and 'das' because in English we only have 'the'.

Why can't all langusges be as simple as ours? Wait a tic, English makes no sense.

Ok, I'm shutting up now, I've been off topic too long...

posted 06 July 2004 12:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  

Quote:

Ja. Ich will nicht glieden! Auf viedersehn und gut tag.
Ja, Ich sprechen klein Deutsch.

Aha! Nice try, C J, but there are many mistakes in it and I didn't really get what you mean .

PS: "Guten Tag"

posted 06 July 2004 12:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
I knew there would be mistakes. I'm English aren't I? You can probably call what I wrote 'English-German', because it's German that's got Anglicised mistakes in it.

But could we move on from the German language now? It's kinda irrelevant to the original topic.

posted 06 July 2004 02:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
No offense, but those screenshots really aren't great to say the least...
posted 06 July 2004 03:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
Where's the rocks?

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
posted 06 July 2004 03:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
it aint that cool... all u have to do is just use the cliff tool and start making cliffs all around. your right, it is for newbs

you dont wanna go here dont tell me i did not warn u...i warned u, but u will not listen will u? noooooo u r gonna go there!
oh yeah, get your soul taken by me here

F2 is a new clan, so if u wanna join and help us out go here
posted 06 July 2004 04:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
Um, everyone can place some cliffs, add a cyclops, a tent and some fire thing.

I think FOG.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Newbie's "Guide" To Making A Good Mountain Range
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames