Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
posted 04 October 2004 08:44 PM EDT (US)   

THE RING OF THE NIBELUNGEN. Act 1: THE RHINE GOLD

STUDIO: The Vandhaal ( member of Tsunami studios)
PROGRESS:completed
RELEASE DATE: 23-03-2005 updated on 03-04-2005
TYPE: Campaign Mixed game types Rpg/ Fixed forces/ Build and destroy
INFO:

The Norns discover that their spinningwheel has made a knot in the Rope of Time....it is an ill Omen. The Dark Alba will rise. he will change the worlds of mortals...and gods...forever. In the end he even can cause the downfall of the Light Alba himself...

In a time lost to history, when the gods still walked among the mortals the powerthirsty Nibelungen Alberich (a nightdwarf), steals the magical Rhinegold from the daughters of the Rhine. This act will change the worlds of the Gods, Titans, Spirits and mortals forever. With the powers this treasure holds he is finally able to fullfill his long last dream; to become the ruler of Nibelheim and the entire world. As Alberich and his legions start their tour of death and destruction he is not aware that he will play a key role in a deal between Wotan, the supreme leader of the gods, and the mighty Titans....The campaign will take you from the dark underground world of Nibelheim along the various races which live by the Rhine up into the realm of the gods themselves.......and back.You take controle of Alberich, his Generals and his legions as they proceed to meet their destiny....

Alberich ( Nibelungen)
The tyrant Nibelungen who steals the magical Rhinegold from the Rhinedaughters. He forces his brother Mime to forge the magical ring from it.
Mime (Nibelungen)
The brother of Alberich. Although he is afraid of his brutal brother do not judge him to swift as a poor character. Mime is the best blacksmith in Nibelheim
Wotan (Gods)
The lord of the gods. Wotan walkes a lot among the mortals in different shapes. One well known shape is as a giant wolf. He has felt the growing powers of the Titans and is afraid that they will revolt one day.
Loge (Spirits)
The servant of Wotan or as Alberich calls him : the slave of Wotan.
because Wotan has forbidden Loge to change ever again into his elemental form without permission. Loge dreams of the day he can change into his fireform and scorge the earth again. Loge is a trickster and a clever mind..
Fafner (Titans)
The oldest of all Titans.Because of his long live he loses his interest in the world around him more and more each day. He and his brother Fasolt are the rulers of all Titans and the fathers of the giants
Fasolt (Titans)
The titans where always oppressed by the gods but Fasolt was the first who's mind was set to get freedom for the Titans. Although the time had not yet been come to confront the gods He and the other Titans had gained much strenght over the past ages.

Please Notice: above images are artist impressions ..so NO mods..You all probably know to which units in the game they referre

If you like to see/read more about some of the other characters please go to the artwork pages. Not all main characters are mentioned so you will encounter some more in the campaign

Features

• 8 playable and 10 full cinematic scenarios
  • Playable scenarios have mixed styles: rpg, ff, b&d
  • Playable scenarios contain many cinematic parts
  • Some cinematics are very detailed some are to tell the story
  • Maps are very detailed and have personalized location features (some of you call this eyecandy I just call it detailed)
  • Rpg scenarios contain *"simple" puzzles and *"simple" interaction (like bying stuff, choosing turning points, talk, etc.*At least: In my point of view they are simple
  • Some scenarios contain weather conditions
  • The sound/dialoque tracks are based on Leitmotifs just as the original opera.
  • A nice story line. Links to the next parts of this tale (The valkyries, Siegfried and the twillight of the gods) are embedded in the storyline.
  • For the techlovers amongst you: Campaign contains some nice trigger work (I lost count on how many but who cares...)
  • In some scenarios the player can use the Rings shapeshifting power.
  • 18 custom made overlay images.
  • Well a lot more of stuff which you have find out yourself.

Scenario descriptions:
Here are some short discriptions of the misc scenarios. The indication of the difficulty level is based on the comments of the Playtesters. Some found the games hard some easy so it is really depending on your own skills and how concentrated you play...so just see them as they are.... just as indications ! I have tried as good as possible to make a nice mix so that there will be something for everyone in the campaign ( New guys and more expereinced guys).

• Scen1: Full cinematic
  • Scen2: Simple introduction Rpg with average difficulty level
  • Scen3: Full cinematic
  • Scen4: Skipable instruction cinematic
  • Scen5: Begins as simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
  • Scen6: Full cinematic
  • Scen7: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
  • Scen8: Begins with a simple Rpg/FF and ends in B&D style. Average difficulty level
  • Scen9: skipable instruction cinematic
  • Scen10: Full cinematic
  • Scen11: Starts with a simple FF style and ends in a simple Rpg/Puzzle. Average difficulty level.
  • Scen12: Full long cinematic
  • Scen13: More complex Rpg. Higher difficulty level
  • Scen14: Full cinematic
  • Scen14: Basic B&D game with average difficulty level
  • Scen16: Full cinematic
  • Scen17: Basic B&D game with higher difficulty level
  • Scen18: Full cinematic

Screenshots, Artworks and Wmv movie

Screenshots
To view some preview screenshots please go to the Vandhaals Aom screenshots pages:

Artworks
Info and images on/of the main characters and special made artwork Screenshots can be found in the Aom artwork sector of The vandhaal website:

Click above artwork to see an enlarged version from from it

Wmv movie
You can download a little Media player movie version from the cinematic called: Clash with the Gibichungen (scen 12).
Runtime aprox. 26 minutes

Wagners Ring saga
The Rhine Gold is based on the first Opera in the Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus by Richard Wagner
Wagners Ring of the Nibelungen cyclus consist out of 4 operas.Besides great music, you all will probably know The Ride of the valkyries, the story is an interesting mix of heroes/ magic/ battle/death/deceipt.Wagners Operas are based upon the old tale of Das Nibelungen Lied (German, Low Lands and Norse myths)

The 4 operas are called:

(1) The Rhine Gold (current campaign project)
(2) The Valkyrie (possible next project..who kowns...)
(3) Siegfried (possible next project ..who knows..)
(4) Twillight of the gods (possible next projects..who knows)

Act 2: The Valkyrie

Act 3: Siegfried

Act 4: Twillight of the Gods

If you like to read a short description of the other 3 parts of this tale, please
along this way

Playtesters:

I like to thank all the playtesters again for their work.

• Antisback
  • Felix Hermansson
  • Tbarak
  • PacoGames
  • Kjelli
  • Cave Town

Final release notes:

IMPORTANT:

Please follow the instructions indicated in the Read me file !! This file contains the IN and UN- install instructions furthermore some important game play information is given. SO PLEASE READ IT !

Some things in advance:

• SAVE the scenarios often !!
  • READ carefully everything !!
  • TAKE your time as some scenarios have a long play time so I suggest you play in sessions !!
  • EXPLORE carefully around some clues for riddles in later scenarios can be found in earlier scenarios
  • HAVE fun !!

Download:

Use this link to go to the download page on aomH

More Info, Contact and Questions:

Email or visit The Vandhaal website if you like to know more or just leave a reaction.
    email
    vandhaal@gmail.com

web
    New website:
    http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Old website:
    www.geocities.com/the_vandhaal

New website mirror:
    New website mirror
    Websites splash navigation

Forum:
    The vandhaal forum

If you like to receive any tips or advice during your adventures...just post them in this showcase thread or contact me on one of the above ways !! Don't get frustrated but just ask ! In the case this AomH showcase thread is timed out you can post your questions in my personal forums (see above for url)Already some tips and tricks are added...including a full walkthrough for The Wizard scenario

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 09-26-2008 @ 11:34 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04 October 2004 08:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 190  
    hello the vandhaal:

dont delete me from the playtext list, i'm able to playtest your scenarios campaign right now...i'll just re-download them, and give you feedback later.

and be more active at your messanger.

Auron: || Aurons Site || Aurons AoM:TT Creations || MY POETRY WEBSITE ||
    posted 04 October 2004 08:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 190  
    Update
    Ok guys it has been awhile but here is an update on the project. First of all sorry for the confusion but my other thread timed out and Kumar adviced me to open a new one.

The second round of final playtesting is more or less finished ( I just wait on one last comment of Tbarak). So I thank all my second round playtesters for their hard and good work !

They all have given me some more good ideas and pointed out things to improve. So I will start editing soon. The editing will NOT only be minor tweaking but will contain also some larger adjustments to enhance game play and experience.

If you have any questions just ask here or contact me.
    Thats all for now.
    Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 10-04-2004 @ 09:02 PM).]

posted 04 October 2004 10:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 190  
    Yes, tbarak is hard at work playing it right now- well after supper and after I read a case for school. Scenario seven looks amazing and so far it's nice. I just knew I shouldn't have grabbed those turtle eggs!! Anyway give me a day or two as you know I like to write quite detailed feedback.

Freaking amazing project though! An epic masterpiece. One doesn't play a Vandhaal campaign, one lives an epic journey.

posted 05 October 2004 07:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 190  
    Just take your time Tbarak !

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 05 October 2004 11:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 190  
    yay finally you released the showcase this an amazing project

(¯`-.Proud Member of Ambition Designs and professer at Tsuniversity.-´¯)

Curent projects:
    The Job 25% Complete Hot

Antisbackfiles.tk
    For a guide on how to make WMV trailers for you campaign click Here

posted 05 October 2004 12:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 190  
    Looks awesome! If you ever need another playtester, count me in: yer_nan@hotmail.com
    posted 06 October 2004 08:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 190  
    @ Eazy Ben,

Thanx for the offer I will remember it !

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 09 October 2004 12:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 190  
    if you need:
    the_matriculated@hotmail.com

maybe i can help since i'm dutch too.

The power of hell is coming...
    FoH; Forces of Hell
    posted 09 October 2004 12:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 190  
    Looking awesome, The Vandhaal!

Quote:

The Rhinegold- The new King
    Alberich and his troops enter the Nibelungen Hal. The home of the Nibelungen Kings.

Isn't it the Nibelungen Hall? (just pointing it out)

-=Skycat=-
    posted 09 October 2004 05:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 190  
    Thanx for the reactions Skycat and Terror,

@Skycat, yes I already knew about the typos (there are much more) however I am just too lazy to edit the page (for now)

@ Terror,
    Thanx for the offer I will remember it. Maybe I need you in the final test round.

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 10 October 2004 05:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 190  

Quote:

Skycat, yes I already knew about the typos (there are much more) however I am just too lazy to edit the page (for now)

Ah, alright. lol

-=Skycat=-
    posted 23 October 2004 10:15 AM EDT (US)     12 / 190  
    Update Short update on the editing progress.

Editing has started but I goes kind of slow because of my lack of time. As you can see in the above progress table..I already have finished the instruction cinematic (How to use the Nibelungen Weapons centre) and added this feature to some of the scenarios. Maybe i will post some new screenshots or artowrk screenshots.

If you have any question just ask, If you have any reaction just post.
    best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 23 October 2004 05:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 190  
    Screens look amazing the Vandhaal, you're obviously very skilled, could i perhaps playetest it?

.::Proud Memer of AD and AoMH::.
    .::Proud American A-Hole::.
    .::I'm American So That's Right I'm better::.
    .::"Excuse Me for Pointing... OOOH!"::.- .::Quaqmire::.
    .::Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah!::.
    posted 23 October 2004 08:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 190  
    Colorful eyecandy, but some of the places look it doesn't belong there, but still looking forward with this
    posted 23 October 2004 11:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 190  
    Thanx for the reaction,

@TheCrayolaKranz
    Thanx for the offer ! However final playtest round 2 has finished and I have started editing....But perhaps you can playtest in the last round 4....so I will remember your offer.

@The_Freak
    I do not exactly know what you mean by : but some of the places.....but thanx anyway for the reaction

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 25 October 2004 06:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 190  
    4 playtest rounds?!?!?
    I think is more easier to win in a lottery than to find a bug in your campaign

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
    Proud member of no ****ing clan
    _
    _|_|_
    |_|_|_|
    |_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
    Scenario Editor Screens
    posted 26 October 2004 04:59 AM EDT (US)     17 / 190  
    I reckon he's doing it on purpose just to make me wait...............................................................................................................................................................................

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
    (°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
    (¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
    posted 26 October 2004 05:31 PM EDT (US)     18 / 190  
    LoL well no I am not doing it on purpose to let you wait slickman_g. however the editing goes a little slow because of my lack of time

@ Oscar,
    The 4 rounds are including my 2 playtest rounds (excluding my tests during the design process).

The second round done by the playtesters is not only for bug testing but also to get feedback on the gameplay experience. After I have edited the game (on the results of the second round) I test the game myself and let it test one more time by a playtester(s) to be sure no new bugs will slip in.

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 26 October 2004 07:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 190  
    Will you get play testers?
    posted 26 October 2004 07:14 PM EDT (US)     20 / 190  

Quote:

Will you get play testers?

Some guys already volunteered below but we will see if somebody will be aviable after i have edited and tested it myself.

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 26 October 2004 09:54 PM EDT (US)     21 / 190  
    Wow, I love the last picture on the second page.

posted 29 October 2004 08:14 PM EDT (US)     22 / 190  
    Thanx for the reaction GoForGoldenJarls

I am glad you like the well of the wolf screenshot.

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 10 November 2004 11:42 AM EDT (US)     23 / 190  
    update

Here follows a short update on the progress. The editing after the second round final testings is at about 80%. Some game play experience and general issues pointed out by the testers are edited. As metioned before the game will now be an all dwarfs game (for the player) and I have already compensated this balance issue however the next playtesting round will answer if the balance is ok.

I try to enhance some other stuff and the editing still goes a bit slow due to my lack of time.

Thats all for now.
    Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 10 November 2004 02:58 PM EDT (US)     24 / 190  
    *jumps up and down in excitement*

Hehe, can't wait for it to be released!

Cheers,
    -Skycat

-=Skycat=-
    posted 11 November 2004 10:11 AM EDT (US)     25 / 190  
    update
    I have added some Screenshot artworks and also 1 new ingame screenshot (see screenshot page 3).

If you have any questions and or comments do not hesitate to ask.
    best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign The Ring Of The Nibelungen Act 1: The Rhinegold
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames