You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Possible unit building alteritives.
posted 25 October 2004 09:24 PM EDT (US)   
Created for “the Guide to editor tips and tricks” By Theris264

Possible unit building alteritives. by sziggi

There are times when “unit build building” and “army build building" won’t work. Either the area has to many objects or it’s near a water body or a cliff, and trying to get those villagers to locate a dock is nearly impossible. The trigger is somewhat unstable. Heres the fix.

The Fix: For this we’ll use the Trojan horse; this unit seems to spawn building foundations very easily. Placing the Trojan horse make your first and only trigger.

Trigger one
On
Condition: Always
=============
effects:
Change unit type (select Trojan Horse)
…………Change to temple
Change unit type (select Trojan Horse)
…………change to temple

This will give you the foundation of a temple that is build able by villages.
You may be wondering why the effect change unit type is listed twice?
By listing the effect only once you will be creating a foundation that when built will be fully damaged, and burning. Could be a wanted effect.
By using this method you can later task more villager, to the build site by reselecting the Trojan Horse. This is useful if they are building under fire in a forward movement.

Leaving the Horse off to the eadge of the map you can when needed teleport it in as the wanted foundation and have waves of cine block units or armies come to build, by using the “unit work” trigger "army work" trigger.
I have also found that this is the only method out side of an A.I. script that will allow the building of a dock, as far as I know.The End.

Replies:
posted 25 October 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
Hi just wrote a small snipit i think could be added to this piece.Possible unit building alteritives.

edit whoops wrong place

[This message has been edited by sziggi (edited 10-25-2004 @ 09:29 PM).]

posted 26 October 2004 05:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
Nice trick. I really gonna use this.

Quoted from skiggi:

Created for “the Guide to editor tips and tricks” By Theris264

Well, many thanks.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Possible unit building alteritives.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames