Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Problem Conditions and Effects
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 12 December 2004 03:52 PM EDT (US)   
THIS IS NOT A QUESTION/ANSWER THREAD! THIS IS TO REPORT CONDITIONS OR EFFECTS THAT DO NOT WORK!

Rather than make a bunch of topics about seperate conditions and effects, I thought it'd be a good idea to keep them all in one thread. I will update the below list when necessary.

List (post if I missed any):

Generally Have Problems
Kill - Make sure all selected are of same player.
Armies - THEY ARE LIMITED BY 30! Even when the units have died, they still count! You must use the "Clear Units" button to reset it to 0, although the deployed units will add to counter.
Teleport Unit - Be sure the unit isn't moving already before using this effect. Ways to make sure the unit has stopped is to make it move to unit (itself). Or Change Unit Type./// Some objects may become invisible when teleported.

Out of Sync/Multiplayer Problems
Effects or Conditions that don't specify a player (Visible to Player)
Set Current HP (SNXT2) - Doesn't work.
Abort Cinematic - OOS
Animations - Don't work.
Chat Contains - Out of Sync for 4+ players.
Unit Create - Sometimes don't work. Use Army Deploy.
Move to Point/Unit - Don't work.
Units in LOS - Out of Sync for four players or more.
Maps with triggers go out of sync when you play with ppl who have a different language then you. GUARENTEED.
I've tested this with AOMPlayer000 who has a german game and I have a US game.
To know if they have a different language, tell them to type 1 and enter (taunt 1). If you don't hear anything, they don't have an english game.
The way to solve this is that he replaced his xpacklanguage.dll in his main AOM folder with a renamed english version of xpacklanguage.dll (probably downloaded the english patch and got the file from there).
Army Deploy - If there's some human players and some computers, this won't deploy for the computer(s).
Move Effects - Don't work on Nature.
Moving Units in MP - Use Move From Area

Uncertain

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 04-20-2005 @ 10:12 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12 December 2004 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 59  
Nice thread.

The "abort Cinematic" effect almost always causes OOS.

posted 12 December 2004 03:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 59  

Quote:

Does sound filename (or something like that) cause out of sync?

No.
posted 12 December 2004 03:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 59  
I can't get Unit Work to work in multiplayer

Stu_Alpha
./\ .|._.|_.._.
/--\||_)|.|(_|
.......|........
AoM Vanella: 1560?
TT: 1497 (But much better than that)
posted 12 December 2004 04:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 59  

Quoted from pftq:

Does sound filename (or something like that) cause out of sync?

Quoted from aomplayer:

No.

Wow simple answer. Thanks. It must the the Fade Out All Sounds then - although I don't understand why it would.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 12-12-2004 @ 04:10 PM).]

posted 12 December 2004 10:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 59  
Ah yes I remember now: Move to Unit and Move to Point also don't work in MP.

Anyone have an alternative for this?

posted 13 December 2004 06:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 59  
added.

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
posted 13 December 2004 06:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 59  
If you have in los change unit it is oos.

The boundary rules:

If you see the road… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!
If you see the red tape on the trees… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!
If you see no one near you… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!

posted 13 December 2004 06:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 59  
What? Do you mean if you use the Units in LOS condition? How many players were in your map? I have 2 players and it works fine.
posted 14 December 2004 06:19 PM EDT (US)     9 / 59  
Its when you have more then 4 players one the map.

The boundary rules:

If you see the road… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!
If you see the red tape on the trees… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!
If you see no one near you… YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!

posted 14 December 2004 06:58 PM EDT (US)     10 / 59  
Stickied

posted 16 December 2004 10:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 59  
I am not sure how many ppl are aware. I made posts about this before but they're buried now.

So just a warning:

Armies - THEY ARE LIMITED BY 30! Even when the units have died, they still count! You must use the "Clear Units" button to reset it to 0, although the deployed units will add to counter.

I have not tried deploy 0 units. Perhaps that would work so you don't start with one unit.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 12-16-2004 @ 10:35 PM).]

posted 20 December 2004 10:50 AM EDT (US)     12 / 59  
You know we really need a proper 'Armies' guide because I (and maybe others) usually have alot of trouble with them. Would really appreciate it

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 12-20-2004 @ 10:51 AM).]

posted 21 December 2004 11:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 59  
Hmmm, i never had any problems using armys. Just use Ghost Army. But DONT make 20 Ghost armys, then trigger them. Instead ... 1 Ghost Army => 1 Trigger. And keep your head to it, dont map in window mode with 20 msn convo's flooding.

Army Deploy also wont work for a CPU on ESO.

How to use Ghost Armys :

1. Select the unit.
2. Enter a name. (Ulfsark1) for example.
3. Click Create army.
If you check your army deploy trigger now, you will find the army Ulfsark1 , select it. Then click show to check if you did it correct. In this case, you will get a Camera Cut on the unit that was selected when you pressed "Create Army" in the "Ghost Army" editor. If not, you didnt select any unit while making the Ghost Army, or the unit got deleted.Ghost Army can be found at top , where the option to create trigger groups is.

Made this small tutorial for you Guardian_112

posted 21 December 2004 01:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 59  
I see that there are a lot of multiplayer issues pointed out in this thread....and wonder if somebody could shed some light on mine.

I have searched for a answer in all the AomH forums (yes also in the bug forum) and tried to find an answer on the microsfty and eso site...but invain.

When I play a standard Rm game on Eso the game goes 19 out of 20 times out of synch. I read somewhere that it can be caused by installed mods....well the only mod I have installed is the new editor created by reyk. So with this in mind I installed the game on one of my other comps without the new editor (so all is original and fully updated !!) but that OOs still keeps occuring 19 out of 20 times. I have checked connection speed of other playes (mine is fast) firewalls etcetc but still haven't any clue. I wonder what your experiences are with the oos thing and perhaps somebody can lead me in the direction on how to solve it.

I asked this here because I also would like to make to make some multiplayer scenarios but with this oos crap going on I do not think I like to waste my time on mp scenarios

Best regards,
The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-21-2004 @ 01:35 PM).]

posted 21 December 2004 01:36 PM EDT (US)     15 / 59  
Ah no mods. Are you talking about Norse Wars?

Maps with triggers go out of sync when you play with ppl who have a different language then you. GUARENTEED

To know if they have a different language, tell them to type 1 and enter (taunt 1). If you don't hear anything, they don't have an english game.

I've tested this with AOMPlayer000 who has a german game and I have a US game.

The way to solve this is that he replaced his xpacklanguage.dll in his main AOM folder with a renamed english version of xpacklanguage.dll (probably downloaded the english patch and got the file from there).

Thanks for bringing that up Vandhaal

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 12-21-2004 @ 02:13 PM).]

posted 24 December 2004 00:09 AM EDT (US)     16 / 59  
Wait, someone's map I played got Unit Work to work only on human players

Stu_Alpha
./\ .|._.|_.._.
/--\||_)|.|(_|
.......|........
AoM Vanella: 1560?
TT: 1497 (But much better than that)
posted 26 December 2004 10:23 PM EDT (US)     17 / 59  
Ok - Diplomacy causes weird glitch on multiplayer. It sends players back to desktop and acts as if the background is being played on.

However, I see Norse Wars use it. Is there a trick?

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 12-26-2004 @ 11:42 PM).]

posted 08 January 2005 06:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 59  
What does Units on Lush mean? Examples would be nice too. Sorry Im new to this so dont laugh..LOL
Also, if I have an condition and effect on an item such as a statue to make a unit in the area change type and another later trigger changes the ownership of the statue does the prior effect become null and void? If anyone has an idea on how to do these condition and effects please let me know. Im trying to have the same condition and effects as in the Titans campaign when they walk up to the temple and they are changed into the form of the statue. Thanks in advanced

[This message has been edited by Hooli (edited 01-08-2005 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 08 January 2005 09:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 59  
if Units are on Lush
posted 08 January 2005 10:57 PM EDT (US)     20 / 59  
My guess.. its "units" on the type of terrain Gaia produces around buildings.
posted 09 January 2005 01:37 AM EDT (US)     21 / 59  
yes.

And no. Changing Unit Type or ownership does not affect the unit type.

posted 09 January 2005 06:28 AM EDT (US)     22 / 59  
Ok to make it more confusing...LOL I couldn't get that condition and effect to work at all after several tries, so I wiped it clean and did this instead..
Destroy Palace(Gaias)>>>>change statues into the unit they represent. Heres the headscratcher. So after I placed all objects under GAIA, added the triggers, playtest and when the statues change the units became Player1 (mine) So I thought ok cool that will work. So in another part of the map I do basically the same thing, however when these items change they are still GAIAS? Why? So I do a test on a new clean slate and I can not repeat where the ownership becomes player 1? I suppose with an added trigger or something I could but Im still confused why the original statues became ownership of the player1
Any ideas on what the heck I did wrong or right?

[This message has been edited by Hooli (edited 01-09-2005 @ 06:46 AM).]

posted 09 January 2005 05:17 PM EDT (US)     23 / 59  
Ok this isn't a Ask Question thread. No Offense.

Anyways, from what you say, everything should work. I think you missed something there. Trigger Effects and Conditions I find almost always work - it's just something else that ruins it.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 04-17-2005 @ 08:45 PM).]

posted 10 January 2005 01:04 AM EDT (US)     24 / 59  
Oops sorry I had too many windows open I guess. I thought I was posting in the questions thread and I was also reading this thread to maybe learn a wee bit more about conditions and effects. My bad

Email you my map.. HAHAHAHA! You may bust your liver or something from laughing at it.

posted 10 January 2005 09:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 59  
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Problem Conditions and Effects
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames