You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~ Beyond The Paradise ~
posted 21 December 2004 05:51 AM EDT (US)   

Name of Project: Beyond the paradise.
Type of Project: Scenario/Rpg ( might become campaign later)
Author : ConserD from Ambition Designs

Progress: 35%

Release Date: Around april 2005

Short Description:

After sailing on the sea, you lost your way. You cant see any land, so you keeped sailing north. And then, after a long journey... You see a small beach, so you decide to go over and check it out. But when you arrive, you dont see anyone... The only thing you see, is a graveyard with only 2 graveyard stones... So you decide to check out the beach a little bit more. And then you find a dead person, who managed to write a message on the rock in front off him with his last powers. "Help us, bandits took all... Help us", then you decide to walk a bit further into the island. But you dont find a happy place, but a abandoned greek town. With still some bandits stealing, there is something that takes your attention, an old passage. Wich seems to be used not so long ago... But it seems to be locked, you have to clear up the puzzle before you can get trough it. And for beeing able to try this puzzle, you'l need the key of "Drokna" wich is hold by on of the bandits in town. Seek the rest for yourself laters...

Showcase ( beta stuff ) :

Marsh 1
note : Think your in the game, you wont see the "bad" desert into marsh. Ive seen alot of scenarios out here with flat areas between, but i use every milimeter

Overvieuw 1
note : this should give you an idea how the start looks like, this is just a normal town... you wont spend much time behind the water.

Showcase ( almost done stuff ) :

Beach
note : This is like 95% done, just need to add something laters, else you know whats going to hapen...

Docks
Small docks from the disobanded bandits overtaken town.

Showcase ( done stuff ) :

none yet

Some features :

Type : Single Player / Role Playing Game ( If liked, it could become a campaign / series ).
Main caracther : Arkantos ( I had jason at start , but he didnt have any good cinematic options ).
Map theme : All.
Day and Night cycle : You'l have a house where you can go sleep, but no idiotic 5 min => dark, 5 min => light thingie. ( I never liked it... ).
Release date : Im planning to release it around April 2005, might take longer though ( lets hope i dont get a hump like arch got on his map ).

[X] Non stop music, without using "Music Play".
[X] A unique expierince system. ( Each unit gives his amount of expierince, the higher your level is. The lower the gained expierince will be ).
[X] Like every scenario, a nice map (although this isnt my best area, but im learning it ).
[X] Respawning enemies so you can fight for expierince like every decent rpg needs.
[X] Some nice trigger tricks, thanks go out to new x triggers , Villi and Arch and all of you for learning me alot.
[X] Cinematics , animations , lightning effects , special god powers ( made with triggers, you'l only need the .scx file ) , unique puzzles , side quests ( you wont know your main quest, all side quests will unlock 1 word in it, and some will give a key to a puzzle, or a new armor, weapon, fighting unit, villager ).
( more to come )

[This message has been edited by conserd (edited 12-21-2004 @ 07:02 PM).]

Replies:
posted 21 December 2004 06:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
It's looking good! Looking forward to more screenshots.

-=Skycat=-
posted 21 December 2004 06:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
This actually looks really good. Your map design and Eye-candy is great. BUT, I fear it is going to be closed because of the 30% rule

The Oden King
-LFS--LTA-

[This message has been edited by TheodenKing (edited 12-21-2004 @ 06:02 AM).]

posted 21 December 2004 06:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
It won't be closed, hopefully.

Great marsh ConserD

posted 21 December 2004 07:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
Will they also close it if i did all that on 2 days ? Wich i mean, it will get up to 30 soon. Im finishing everything behind the water today. wich means, every enemies will respawn. And on his power it depends how much expierince you gain. I made everything for it , just some ghost army and respawn stuff to be added. ( food : units killed, wood : amount you need to level, gold : amont of expierince you currently got , max population : how much expierince you just gained ( this will be set to 0 after 3 seconds automaticly) ) Also, already 21 different songs in it. Ofcourse, all from the cinematic folder . Also, the town needs 3 more cinematics, the marsh 1 , and the beach 2. But those are already in progress and almost done. Then, some more misc objects / meshing terrains and it would be done. Before a mod closes me, i promise its 30% tonight !

Little poll : Wich camera vieuws would be in ? I know a way how to create a chasing 3d person camera vieuw, i might add it...

[This message has been edited by conserd (edited 12-21-2004 @ 07:29 AM).]

posted 21 December 2004 08:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
This could have a really cool banner, perhaps i'll work on one for you if you like?

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
---------------------------
S . P . Q . R
comming soon
posted 21 December 2004 08:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
(im sort of suprised that people like this... its my first big map that contains a town, marsh, river, etc... the only thing i made from map design before are some ugly bloods.) Well, i have to thank Arch for his wonderfull town guide and personal help. He didnt work on the map though, only some suggestions (elevations and cliffs mostly).

[This message has been edited by conserd (edited 12-21-2004 @ 07:01 PM).]

posted 21 December 2004 06:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
As promised Everything planned was done. Also added some more pots and misc objects. But, the final screens will only be shown 3 days after its released public, else there isnt much meaning to play the map imo.
posted 21 December 2004 06:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
ah i best not waste time making one becuase i'm good but i'm good within the full potential of the programs i own. I dont have photshop or anything like that so i'm a bit deprived. use that one is pretty good i suppose.

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
S . P . Q . R
comming soon
posted 21 December 2004 10:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
"Beyond The Paradise" is grammatically incorrect.

(It should be "Beyond Paradise").

_________________.##@@$$$@@##._____________
______________,##@$::%$$%%::$@##.__________
____________#@$:%%000000000%%:$@#_________
___________#@$:%00'___________'00%:$@#_______
__________#@$:%0'_______________'0%:$@#______
_________#@$:%0__________________0%:$@#_____
posted 21 December 2004 10:34 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
"Beyond Paradise" does indeed roll off the tongue better. Nice screens bro!
posted 22 December 2004 02:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Or "Paradise and Beyond" make sense too.

Looks great.

posted 22 December 2004 03:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
Props to whoever made the banner, looks great.

-=Skycat=-
posted 22 December 2004 05:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Er... I was bored, so i turn on tv, and there was a commercial about a hot girl with a parfum / shampoo or something called "Beyond the paradise" So i though, the beach : paradise, beyond : the game...
posted 22 December 2004 05:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
Wow! Amazing!
posted 04 January 2005 08:21 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
HUMP ALERT Got bored, dont ask me why
posted 05 January 2005 01:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Why?

posted 05 January 2005 01:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Tsk Tsk.

What is this topic really about, lol?

posted 05 January 2005 01:40 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
The topic is about his scenario.

posted 05 January 2005 07:41 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
Gaurdian_112 is a duffas :d
posted 05 January 2005 08:53 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  

Quote:

HUMP ALERT Got bored, dont ask me why

Hmmm... I could perhaps help with the triggers and/or map design if you like.
blackbelt_gabor[at]hotmail[dot]com

-=Skycat=-
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » ~ Beyond The Paradise ~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames