Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: MP Scenario: WAR OF mini-EMPIRES
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 29 December 2004 01:25 AM EDT (US)   

100% Done

DOWNLOAD HERE

War of Mini-Empires is an extremely customizable multiplayer map by default played in Conquest Mode. Basically, two players may take as long as both need to build up their empires on opposite ends of the map. A supernatural invisible bearier seperates the two from fighting or doing damage to each other. Even Godpowers or flying units may not pass. When both are ready, they both kill their Shades or War Starters and the War begins!

Note: After an hour, any player may kill his shade and start the War - even though the other player doesn't kill his shade.

However, many special features are available. The main key to all these is the Son of Osiris (uber). This character has a special ability to awaken hidden or secret units from various places of the map. You will receive chat when you reach such a place. In the beginning of the game, he is awakening the Guardian, an almighty Egyptian unit.

======================================================
FEATURES

- RANDOM SETTLEMENT, GAIA FOREST, ANIMAL, AND OTHER OBJECT PLACEMENTS.

CHATCODES
Nearly 15 different chatcodes are available that range from making minor changes (removing Night/Day feature to reduce lag) to major gameplay changes (Supremacy Mode). Chatcodes include but aren't limited to:
- Disabling special features like the Son of Osiris, Guardian, and free Obelisks.
- Disabling Night/Day
- Shortening or "Supershortening" special feature awakening times (how long the Son of Osiris needs to unlock a secret).
- Changing gameplay mode to Supremacy.
- Removing predator animals (wolf) from map.
- Skipping New Players Intro.

- FEATURING TREE EATER (flagbearer). This special units eats up trees around it. Chatcode available to lower and increase eating radius.

- FEATURING METEOR MONKEYS. Powerful monkeys summoned by the Son of Osiris (uber).*

- FEATURING CANNONS. When attacked, fires powerful flaming cannonballs across the map.* (being worked on)

- Purchasable Titans and Tartarian Spawn (no pop space needed)*

- A nerfed Kronos available to fastest player to get it.*

- Double-Ended Well of Urd at back of each players' base usable by both players and may change the course of the battle.*

- War Music (like in Norse Wars) compiled from various music files and put in an order that sounds great.

- And much more . . .

* If Special Features aren't disabled.

**A few known problems will be impossible to address due to the map's setup. These are minor problems that may not even be realized unless one tries very hard to find them.
======================================================
Screenshots
Empires - (1, 2)
Kronos - (1, 2)
Aerial View of Map
=====================================================
Credits and Special Thanks
If you wish to help playtest, please post your ESO name. Mine is pftq. At the moment, I have a decent number of playtesters. If you REALLY want to playtest, then post.
If I forget anyone in Credits, please post.

AOMPlayer000 - Playtesting.
Ashtoro - Playtesting.
CFC_Dynisty - Playtesting.
KillerPenguin222 (ESO) - Playtesting.
lonlydragon2 (ESO) - Playtesting.
Norsekid (ESO) - Playtesting
Pacosgames - Playtesting.
Rebal_Gladiator (ESO) - Playtesting.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 03-27-2005 @ 11:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 29 December 2004 01:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
The map design looks awesome, definately what mp scns nowadays need. Looking forward to it!
posted 29 December 2004 01:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
Looks good!

posted 29 December 2004 03:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
Woah... I'm downloading that. But now, I'll send in my MP scenario... ciao.

[b]Unless you're going to finish this super-soon, post this in my List of Projects Being Made.

-- Ashtoro
Current Project - Progress {Map/Trg/Eye/Cin/Test}
Nothin' really, just fooling around.

[This message has been edited by Ashtoro (edited 12-29-2004 @ 03:53 AM).]

posted 29 December 2004 02:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  

Quote:

95% Done

I imagine that would mean it will be finished imminantly. Looks good, the map design is very promising, well done for keeping this quiet from us

the fate of Rome lies in your hands
---------------------------
S . P . Q . R
---------------------------
comming soon
posted 29 December 2004 02:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
Hm... Sounds familiar .
posted 01 January 2005 00:26 AM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
BTW, AOMPlayer, I still have our old saved game. When you know of a good time to continue, let me know.

Okay looks like it isn't that finished yet. A few technical difficulties:

1) Cannon not working. What effect can move a meteorite on MP maps??????!!!!!!!

2) Isis Monuments suddenly NOT blocking GPs. Very odd. This occured as soon as I started another map, which had non-blocking monuments.

2) Few units causing problems and are hard to kill.

Again, if anyone wishes to playtest, please let me know! I'm very short on testing and haven't been able to get too many thorough tests.

posted 01 January 2005 02:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
I'll playtest for you, if you'd like. EDIT: However, I'm not sure what our time difference is, so I can't really give a time. Give me your GMT plus or minus whatever number of hours, or we can just playtest some random time I'm online(which is rather often, considering how I've nothing else to do with my life. Tommorow would likely not be a good time, though. It'd be best if playtesting happened on just some random time.

1. I doubt you can literally move a meteor through triggers, unless you tried something with 'move unit type' or whatever it's called.

2. Try the trigger "Disable GP blocking" and turning it off at the start of the game. I don't know why it's affecting the scenario, but whatever works works.

3. I don't know about the "problems" so I can't really answer that, but for units that are hard to kill try lowering their HPs, armours, or attack powers.

-- Ashtoro

[This message has been edited by Ashtoro (edited 01-01-2005 @ 02:17 AM).]

posted 01 January 2005 04:52 AM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
Sounds awesome, I'll have to download this. Now hurry up or I'll take out my whip.

    
posted 01 January 2005 02:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
Looking awesome!

-=Skycat=-
posted 02 January 2005 00:57 AM EDT (US)     10 / 38  
@Ashtoro: Yes I saw you online a few days ago. I'll catch you online if I see you. About the numbered problems, I'm listing things that need to be done. The only one I really need help is number 1 sorry. lol oh well.

Yeah I'm gonna try to finish this within the next week or so. Been working on this since August so . . . lol

posted 02 January 2005 03:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
You saw me a few days ago? Well, how did you recognize me?

Oh, gee, I don't know, because maybe you use Ashtoro for everything you ever make an account for unless you messed up on your first attempt so had to start over with a different name?

I've no idea if I saw you, I'm sure I never saw any pftqs around. :P

-- Ashtoro
posted 02 January 2005 04:05 AM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
Erm, yeah I saw Ashtoro online. lol

Well I usually go to No Channel so I don't get annoying invites.

Just add me to Friends list.

posted 02 January 2005 01:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
I'll playtest it for you if you'd like. I'm also on eastern time, so it should be pretty easy for the two of us to play it.
posted 02 January 2005 02:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
I'm not in Eastern. I'm just giving a time zone for you guys to convert to.

Well what's your ESO name? Maybe I'll catch up there.

posted 03 January 2005 00:38 AM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Er... I assume your ESO name is also 'pftq', as you didn't say anything else, which is surprising because few people tend to keep the same name. I'll add pftq nonetheless unless I see you online or you tell me your real account.

-- Ashtoro
posted 03 January 2005 00:56 AM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
Ill playtest
eso= centurion_13

I know you kicked me out of a game I was trying to join the otehr day because I have dialup but I am getting adsl in 2 days

Im in the gmt+10 timezone

posted 03 January 2005 01:58 AM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
@Ashtoro: Yeah I'm pftq on ESO. lol sorry about that.

@Centurion_13: Don't worry about it. This map should run pretty well on dial-up.

posted 03 January 2005 07:51 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
I'll try it, I'm in the pacific time zone

Stu_Alpha
./\ .|._.|_.._.
/--\||_)|.|(_|
.......|........
AoM Vanella: 1560?
TT: 1497 (But much better than that)
posted 04 January 2005 11:11 AM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
my eso name is SSFC_pacosgames. You'll find me randomly on throughout the day.
posted 04 January 2005 11:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
ill test if you want:

ESO: FoH_Rampage.

The power of hell is coming...
FoH; Forces of Hell
posted 08 January 2005 04:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Well hmm ok. But I've yet to be able to find you guys online (the three posts above).

Anyways, THE CANNON IS WORKING PROPERLY! Well not exactly . . . the cannonball is a pig - literally.

posted 25 January 2005 07:04 AM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
hey pftq, Centurion_13 said in my Not a Guide thread, that he knows how to solve the object alignement problem you asked about.
Whenever I find the solution, I'll send it to you.
As to the Gaia Lush problem, it's in the Have a Question thread, which I saved as html on my hard disk and as I've told you, started working on.
Sorry, but my time is very limited due to my work, family and parental duties, and I couldn't find the answer for you as fast as I'l like.
posted 25 January 2005 08:24 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
I'll playtest by all means

ESO = Phoenix_PS2MAN

This sounds interesting.

Small Tip after map is complete.

Go into your senario folder and make it "read only", helps with 90% of n00b editing

PS2MAN
The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
posted 25 January 2005 05:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
@Anastasoulis: What alignment problem? Also, that's ok. I assumed you alread found the answer as you said to set something obtainable but not what.

@PS2Man: Of course lol. I'll also use that trick with minions. lol

posted 26 January 2005 04:39 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
pftq, you'd asked if there could be a button to auto-align objects while in Editor.
And on gaia lush, it's a tech after all, so it can be disabled.
I'm doing a Q&A file from scratch, by gathering and disseminating all the bits and pieces found in threads, but it's going to take TIME.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » MP Scenario: WAR OF mini-EMPIRES
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames