You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sky Passage
posted 30 December 2004 03:40 PM EDT (US)   
Yoho,
I was just exploring the possibilities of creating a tunnel system with sky passages, and to do so I shrinked them and turned them upside down, so it would look as if you're just entering the cave instead of some atlantian, cloudy building.

I made Circe enter an upside down skypassage, and made here come out of a regular skypassage (upside up, downside down), and holy sugarbeanz, she came out upside down
I wanted to see her pretty face again so I sent her into the upside-down machine again, and out of the regular skypassage, but unfortunately she was still turned upside down - unlike my expectations.
My brain was very chaotic at that moment, so I couldn't think very clearly, but after a while it seemed quite logical to me that the unit simply takes the angle of the skypassage it ENTERS. The exit-skypassage's angle doesn't matter.
I have yet to think of an original way to use this in my scenario (a portal to circe's magic mirror world?)... but this is certainly a door to many possibilities!

Replies:
posted 30 December 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Amazing! Never knew that.

posted 30 December 2004 04:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
posted 30 December 2004 05:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Maybe you can make a 3-D maze with those, where it goes like upside down and all...or an ENTER THE FIFTH DIMENSION!!! scenario lol. But a cool find indeed .

-=*Put this in your sig if you or a friend has survived or was killed in a Pokemon battle.*=-
-=Eyecandy & Screenies=-
-=Join the Effort! Community Campaign!=-
-=Email me at: att.151(at)gmail(dot)com=-
-=My AoM:TT Tag=-
posted 30 December 2004 06:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Well, people might want to use tilted units in cinematics, and instead of putting the tilted units down already, you can create a cinematic block (EDIT: Or just use unit create or army deploy, of course) and a tilted skypassage. Then change the block to the desired unit, make him enter and exit the portal and you've got yourself a tilted unit - created from a cinematic block...

If resizing a skypassage would cause the unit to resize as well, it would open up even more possibilities. You could then actually SPAWN RESIZED UNITS, w000000t. Unfortunately, the garrisoned unit doesn't take the skypassage's size...

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 12-30-2004 @ 06:43 PM).]

posted 30 December 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  
I already knew that (sorry ), it works with all buildings that can garrison units.
posted 30 December 2004 08:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
Awesome find Archaeopterix! Never knew that, though I don't think it has many practical uses...

    
posted 31 December 2004 00:26 AM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
You could make your units do a back flip
posted 31 December 2004 05:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
yay I can now see underneath her skirt

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 31 December 2004 05:41 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
iam gonna have me a little fun with this hehe!

(¯`·.`.¸¸.°°.¸¸.`.·´¯)
(°¸.·`«Slick G»`·.¸°)
(¯`·.`.¸¸..¸¸.`.·´¯)
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Sky Passage
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames