Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Heroines
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 07 October 2005 04:28 PM EDT (US)   
Ambition Designs Presents
H E R O I N E S
An omniplayer scenario by Shrink and Archaeopterix.

Fight computer players as if they were human, visit cosey villages and make use of their bonuses. Move your armies around in a beautiful jungle, but watch out for landmines placed by the enemy.

Unleash a monkey bomb, micromanage it to your enemies and then just wait a while until it explodes. Don't forget to laugh at your wounded opponents.

Lay siege on the fortress and cast shockwave on it's defenders. Operate it's stationary ballistae, or sneak outside and control AoK-style onagers.

Walk into your enemy unexpectedly and try to conquer the town. Throw around with powerful spells and try to keep overview of battlefield. The battlefield? It's chaos.

Heroines is a scenario that can be played both in singleplayer mode (main menu, single player, load scenario) and multiplayer mode (through ESO). And on ESO, if you can't fill all the player slots, then computers will gladly help you out! Be sure to set difficulty as Titan, and let the battle begin...

This is the shortest possible description of Heroines, and still an incomplete one. Because Heroines is more, much more than you can possibly describe in words. So we won't attempt to. Just download and play. You'll see.

H E R O I N E S is out now!

[This message has been edited by Arch and Shrink (edited 10-13-2005 @ 04:03 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07 October 2005 04:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 74  
LOL
Looks awesome, love the monkey bomb!

posted 07 October 2005 04:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 74  
Nice showcase Short and sweet, and to the point.

However you could have atleast hid the player scores in the screenshots

This is a nice scen (i've playtested), good ideas and such. However the jungle is a little too crowded and game pace is pretty slow (especially while waiting for the damned behemoths to join you ).

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 10-07-2005 @ 04:40 PM).]

posted 07 October 2005 04:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 74  
yeah, good game, but a little slow. Looking good though, Arch and Shrink

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
posted 07 October 2005 05:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 74  
posted 07 October 2005 06:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 74  
Looks amazing, can't wait to play it!
posted 07 October 2005 06:13 PM EDT (US)     6 / 74  
This looks more than awesome.

posted 07 October 2005 08:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 74  
Sounds very, very promising. Looks amazing too.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003
posted 08 October 2005 08:55 AM EDT (US)     8 / 74  
It's only slow if you play it slow.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. The game is literally just about finished. If we can sort out a problem, we could release it in seconds.

posted 08 October 2005 09:08 AM EDT (US)     9 / 74  
Well...Does it lag a bit? Even if so these pics make this project look very promising.

[This message has been edited by Sandro The Wicke (edited 10-08-2005 @ 09:08 AM).]

posted 08 October 2005 01:34 PM EDT (US)     10 / 74  

Quote:

However you could have atleast hid the player scores in the screenshots

We wanted the screenshots to reflect the actual gameplay - no fancy camera angles or custom lightings, just the pure game. At least you can see that we were having fun versus computer players and eachother!

Quote:

Well...Does it lag a bit?

Not one bit! And the file size is fully acceptable for ESO standards.
posted 08 October 2005 02:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 74  

Quote:

At least you can see that we were having fun versus computer players and eachother!

I disagree, all the interface etc clogs up the screen so you can't see what's going on that well... therefore not being able to see the fun. However, GPs do play a unique roll in this scen so I guess leaving UI there is ok

Quote:

no fancy camera angles or custom lightings

Since when did I do that? :O

Quote:

Well...Does it lag a bit?

Amazingly, it doesn't!

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 10-08-2005 @ 02:25 PM).]

posted 08 October 2005 03:06 PM EDT (US)     12 / 74  

Quote:

Quote: no fancy camera angles or custom lightings

Since when did I do that? :O

Since when did I say you did? Most people however tend to post camera-angled screenshots in their showcases.

posted 08 October 2005 05:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 74  
Which, IMO, makes the screens more attractive (I actually always take screens the normal way, but only because I'm too lazy to do a fancy camera angle).

I love how Arch always tries to project the whole 'I'm so noble' designer image by comparing himself to other designers, depending on the circumstances...

(Like showing how noble he is by showing straight forward screens than the customized ones like, say, Nodgene's PEH).

Ah well.

posted 08 October 2005 06:22 PM EDT (US)     14 / 74  
Guardian, we didn't finish the thread with: Oh, btw, as you can see, we made all our screens look like the actual game, so you know what you're getting. Unlike what some people do.

We didn't do that at all.
Instead, it was brought up why we take them the way we do, and Arch explained it: We simply prefer taking screenshots of what the game will look like when you play it. We're advertising a scenario, and we want people to know what they're getting, rather than letting them think it is something different.

Exactly the same as what Ensemble Studios do, and what they said they do. They even game the same reasoning.

What is wrong with that? It is just what we respect personally more.

Sure, other people might do it different (yeah, Nodgene's had that bright lighting, which might be misleading, and LFS ones usually have that funky black border), but that is completely irrelevant to what we prefer.

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot you advertise your scenarios months or years in advance with ridiculous Photoshop logos usually involving stolen art.

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 10-08-2005 @ 06:24 PM).]

posted 08 October 2005 06:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 74  
Anyway, back on subject. Do you think you could make the tutorial cinematic a little shorter? Or maybe even cut it out I mean I know Tactical had one, but I kinda regret that now because it does steer you away from hosting it with random ESOers because it means you have to watch it too.

If you get me.

posted 08 October 2005 06:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 74  

Quote:

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot you advertise your scenarios months or years in advance with ridiculous Photoshop logos usually involving stolen art.

Ofcourse Don't be so bitter just because you're scenarios hardly get noticed. If you want more attention, make more previews...rather than trolling me for doing so myself.

Which is what you're doing now. I commend you for that.

[This message has been edited by Lord Gaurdian (edited 10-08-2005 @ 07:44 PM).]

posted 08 October 2005 08:04 PM EDT (US)     17 / 74  

Quote:

Anyway, back on subject. Do you think you could make the tutorial cinematic a little shorter? Or maybe even cut it out I mean I know Tactical had one, but I kinda regret that now because it does steer you away from hosting it with random ESOers because it means you have to watch it too.

We discussed this. This scenario is not aimed at any random ESOers. I couldn't care less if no single ESO player ever plays this scenario, because it is not aimed for that.
No way was it ever aimed towards random ESOers.
It was aimed to be played with friends who actually understand strategy, tactics and suchlike.
The tutorial is an optional addition in case you don't want to explain everything to your friends beforehand.

Quote:

Don't be so bitter just because you're scenarios hardly get noticed.

Alas, I am not. I simply find you inexplicably irritating.

I mostly make scenarios because I enjoy playing them myself.
For example, recently, I've become rather insecure over Heroines, and if it wasn't for Arch, and I had made it as it is now without him (impossible), I doubt I upload it for download.
I only make things because I enjoy playing them. Just the other day I played Uprising through. Strangely enough, I actually still find it fun. I don't mind if nobody else plays it. Not really.

Quote:

If you want more attention, make more previews...rather than trolling me for doing so myself.
Which is what you're doing now. I commend you for that.

This is a single showcase thread. If we'd've moved a little quicker, it would have been uploaded a couple of hours ago.
We have a bunch of previews for the other scenario, but they're more teaser-y, and testing out different forms of advertisement to see the reaction.

Furthermore, what I said (and you quoted in your most recent reply) wasn't meant in the way you took it. It was meant to say: You do things this way, so you probably don't understand my view (that is: "We simply prefer taking screenshots of what the game will look like when you play it. We're advertising a scenario, and we want people to know what they're getting, rather than letting them think it is something different.") as you do things differently.
Underneath that message was utter writhing distaste for the way you do it.

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 10-08-2005 @ 08:05 PM).]

posted 09 October 2005 05:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 74  

Quote:

I love how Arch always tries to project the whole 'I'm so noble' designer image by comparing himself to other designers, depending on the circumstances...

Where exactly did I say I condemned people who show camera-angled screenshots? Apparently you find it noble to show player scores on screenshots. You're weird.

Quote:

Don't be so bitter just because you're scenarios hardly get noticed.

If I'm not mistaken, Uprising has a third of the amount of downloads of your average scenario, has a higher mark than your average, and this with only 1% of the advertising you do. And now you say that Shrink's scenarios hardly get noticed? You're weird.

Thanks all for your positive comments! The game will be released tomorrow

posted 09 October 2005 12:52 PM EDT (US)     19 / 74  
Tomorrow eh? Good stuff

Quote:

yeah, Nodgene's had that bright lighting, which might be misleading,

Nah, I'm all for honestly. It was done by modifying the ambient lighting in-game, so not photoshoped or gimped.
One of riders bright ideas.

Quote:

Ofcourse

You know that is just irrelivant :P Plus stealing others art is both morally and artistically wrong.

Guardian, you're like an angry and intolerant old woman, you nit pick far too much!

"That's your excuse for everything... Someone's either pregnant or a communist."
Protecting the public from the Christian Taliban since forever.

[This message has been edited by Nodgene (edited 10-09-2005 @ 12:55 PM).]

posted 09 October 2005 01:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 74  
Ofcourse

lol.

posted 10 October 2005 08:46 AM EDT (US)     21 / 74  
great showcase
out of curiosity: is possible to set an alliance between the human players to fight together the comps?
btw: but those original showcases that appeared some time ago in this forum belonged to this project?

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens
posted 10 October 2005 09:51 AM EDT (US)     22 / 74  
Thanks Oscar!

It is basically a map that suits free for all gaming - which means that every other team setting is also possible! With playtesting, Shrink and I had a terrible amount of fun beating the computer players (which use a combination of scripted and triggered AI).

Heroines is a scenario that can also very well be played single player (either through ESO and setting all other players as comps, or through main menu-->singleplayer-->load scenario). So the description "multiplayer scenario" isn't entirely right

The other showcases, or teasers more like, are from another project, of which the release date is still unknown.

EDIT: Which reminds me, we've gotta upload all those teaser screenies to a new server, now that the old one is abandoned...

[This message has been edited by Archaeopterix (edited 10-10-2005 @ 09:53 AM).]

posted 10 October 2005 11:28 AM EDT (US)     23 / 74  
There is something I find Extremely annoying when people advertise their scenarios in the same way that people would advertise a game *coughguardiancough*. It just seems so arrogant.

Rabid Potatoe Is The Win.
posted 10 October 2005 12:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 74  
Good stuff dudes!

(¯`-.:=LJC=:.-´¯)
|Member of|Ambition Designs| & |TOAO Clan|
|Download|The Greek Dream|
|Check|F.A.Q|
posted 10 October 2005 01:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 74  
Again you guys found a nice way to create this showcase...Good job !

Keep it going guys

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Heroines
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames