You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scenario Showcase(s): The SF Map Pack 2
posted 16 October 2005 05:53 AM EDT (US)   

Description:
This map pack features 10 different multiplayer scenarios. They can only be played on ESO (online) as they are not supported by AI for single player. All scenarios here were created by SF_Kenji and/or SF_Fluffstuff83. Visit our website here

Requirements:
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion Pack
Winzip, Winrar or some other similar program

Instructions:
Unzip/rar all the .scx files into your scenario folder. (usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Scenario)

Includes:
Cavalry Blood
Cliff Jump
Elysian Fields
Greek Wars
Heist
Last Line
R4MP4G3
Temple Blood
Viking Towers

Cavalry Blood

All players have a building at their base with some defences. Cavalry spawn next to that building. As you get kills the cavalry spawning there gets better. The map is filled with cliffs and well of urds so make use of them. When your building is destroyed you lose. In the center of the map is a snow pit, if you have at least 10 units in the pit you will get heroes at your base.

This was originally released some time last year however it was riddled with bugs and had some gameplay issues. This version has been revised and tested.

Additional Screenshots
A Melee
Map Overview

Cliff Jump

At your base is a hill fort and some defences. Anubites, spawn at your base. Apart from the 4 bases the rest of the map is filled with small islands with enemy elks on them, they cannot hurt you. What you have to do is order your units to attack the elk so they will jump to the island. Keep doing this to move around the map. The aim is to destroy all enemy hill forts. If yours is destroyed you will lose. Anubite recharge is off. You are rewarded for kills with technologies and god powers.

Additional Screenshots
A Melee
Map Overview

Elysian Fields

The entire map is divided into 3 separate areas. One of these 'areas' is the resource area. Here players can create villagers to get resources. Each team has their own separate area where they can collect resources without any distractions. In the center of the two team’s areas is a universal area that contains Gaia’s forest, dwarven gold mines, huntees and a respawning relic. However in this central area you are vunerable to enemy attack. Whether you chose to stay safe or play dangerously is up to you.

The other 2 areas are battlefields. On each one only one team can attack. The aim is to destroy the enemy’s defensive TCs before they can destroy yours. You have to manage your resources carefully. If you use too much of them on attack you may be crushed. If you use too much on defence you may never stand a chance of winning.

The map has been configured so that RM build orders and strategies will work (Despite starting with 3 TCs). All 3 of the areas are connected by sky passages.

Additional Screenshots:
Map Overview (8 Player)

Greek Wars

In your base is a wonder that you must protect. Bases are separated but all connected by well of urds. On one side of the maps is a mythodea like area. Instead of the standard 1 old man, greek wars has 3. One selects heroes, one selects myth units and the other selects normal units. All units are greek, all players must be Greek and almost all Greek units feature here. Control the center of the arena to get bronze. A lightning storm and some defences protect your base. You are rewards for kills by advancing in age, god powers or respawning units

Additional Screenshots
Map Overview

Heist

At your base you have a mix of heroes, a temple and some tower defences. The aim is to get 5 relics in your temple. Relics spawn in the middle of the map and are protected by serpents. You get a mix of god powers and they will restock every 3 minutes. The map is a labyrinth with narrow passages and strategic points all around the map. As well as taking relics from the center, you can also steal relics from other players. Whenever you approach an enemy temple their relics will be ungarrisoned and you can take them. If your heroes die, they will respawn at your temple of the gods. You win when you have 5 relics in your temple. Each civilization starts with different units and gets different god powers. (Note that only Attlanteans are featured in the screenshots)

Additional Screenshots
Map Overview
A Melee
Another Melee

Last Line

A game where you get a limited amount of resources before each wave. You must all team together to defend a wonder that will be attacked by the enemy in each wave. If you survive all 12 waves the defenders win. Player 7 is the attacker. You can buy God powers for a price of gold.

Additional Screenshots
The Battlefield
Where the enemy comes from
Map Overview

R4MP4G3 (Rampage for those of you who don't read 1337)

All players start with a citadel. All players have infinite resources. Building, researching and training is very fast. The map is plain grass with a boulder wall dividing it into 4. There is one catch; the map is tiny, very tiny. After 2 minutes the walls will disappear and the R4MP4G3 will begin.

This was really easy to make and good for a kick. It's not very technical or anything.

Screenshots:
Map Overview

Temple Blood

All players start with 6 temples in their base and has one myth unit enabled (depending on your major god). The aim is to destroy all of the enemy's temples while protecting your own. You are rewarded for kills with units and god powers. In the center are two healing springs. Control them to get... healing. This is based on Castle Blood/Fort Blood from AoK/SWGB (which we made. See it here)

Additional Screenshots
Map Overview

Viking Towers

Move your Folstag through the map and find towers. Each tower has the name of a unit on it. Standing near one with Folstag will start a flow of units which are on the name of the tower. You can also purchase God Powers and some special units, as well as an attack bonus to all your units. You must destroy all the enemy Folstags to win.

Additional Screenshots
Some Norse dudes chillin'
Map Overview

Co-Leader of: Six Flags RTS Design Team
Current Projects: SF Map Pack 2

[This message has been edited by Kenjitus (edited 11-01-2005 @ 01:03 AM).]

Replies:
posted 16 October 2005 06:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Looks good.., if only I could go on ESO... Last Line and R4MP4G3 would be quite interesting to play...

~Dedicated Leader of~
Kalos Designs Studio
"A new epoch in Age of Mythology Design"

"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

posted 16 October 2005 06:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Can someone confirm whether the links are working. I know the URLs are correct. It may just be me.

posted 16 October 2005 06:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Youe got everything twice.

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
posted 16 October 2005 08:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
OH, err... don't know how that happened lol

[This message has been edited by Kenjitus (edited 10-16-2005 @ 08:51 AM).]

posted 16 October 2005 10:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
These look real good. Nice and simple, nothing special, but then again, the fact that it is simple and probabbly enjoyable is special in itself.

-=*Put this in your sig if you or a friend has survived or was killed in a Pokemon battle.*=-
-=Eyecandy & Screenies=-
-=Join the Effort! Community Campaign!=-
-=Email me at: att.151(at)gmail(dot)com=-
-=My AoM:TT Tag=-
posted 17 October 2005 02:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
Yea, the first thing in my mind when I'm deisgning is gameplay.

And the main reason I deign is because I enjoy playing my own scenarios. 'Someone should make...' becomes 'I should make...'

posted 17 October 2005 09:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Wow. This is the very first time I have ever seen a showcase with no eyecandy seem amazing! There is so many original ideas. Half of them I'd think would take forever to think of! Gameplay would be fun on many of those.

Great job!

posted 19 October 2005 03:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
I threw in some individual scenario banners that I whipped up in about 10 mins :P Some of the things look squashed or stretched but, meh.

The showcase for Micro Mayhem is also in. It may seem like gibber right now but when I finish the mapping I'll add in a map overview (should only be a few days)

posted 23 October 2005 03:20 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Viking towers is pretty much done, just needs a unit limit

posted 23 October 2005 03:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
Ok, thread updated.

Updates:
There is now an 'unfinished' section so you peopel can see what is left to do.
Micro Mayhem now has a propper name (Elysian Fields)
Elysian Fields is finished and is awaiting playtesting. (screenshots in!)
Viking Towers needs some editing.
I've decided to revise the cinematics in Heist and Cliff Jump.
A few bugs fixed in misc. scenarios (minor things)

It shouldn't be long till the pack is finished.

posted 25 October 2005 03:54 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
yeah looks like the release date will be exactly right (1 november)

posted 25 October 2005 04:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
: / Im jealous, my friend has RAMP4G3 already. Its awesome.

posted 25 October 2005 04:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
lol, thanks :P

Beleive it or not, the planning actually took longer than making it. Fluff and I spent quite soem time brnastorming on how we could put some spice into it. It turned out it didn't really need it. :P

posted 27 October 2005 04:34 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
map version numbers are being dropped. this may cause some confuzzlement as people may not know which is the most recent. hopefully the old versions have been phased out and there wont be any sync errors (if you do get one this may be the problem).

also does anyone have any good suggestions for a way to cap units in viking towers? currently the units spawn without a limit, making it alot of work to place extra conditions on all of them. Would triggers looking like these work?

Trigger 1
Active, Loop

Conditions:
Player Unit count: > 200 (or whatever number)
Timer: 1

Effects:
Disable Trigger: P1_T1_RC
Disable Trigger: P1_T2_RC
Disable Trigger: P1_T1_Giants
(ect...)

Trigger 2
Actve Loop

Conditions:
Player Unit count: < 200
Timer: 1

Effects:
Fire Event: P1_T1_RC
Fire Event: P1_T2_RC
Fire Event: P1_T1_Giants
(ect...)

With a set of these for each player.

It looks like it should work but problems may arise as to units spawning over the cap before the triggers are disabled and therefore advantaging those with more towers.

[This message has been edited by SF_Fluff (edited 10-27-2005 @ 04:45 AM).]

posted 27 October 2005 05:47 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
A simple condition in your spawning triggers will solve that : 'Unit Count <=200'

Hope I helped

posted 27 October 2005 06:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
I beleive that putting that in all of them is rather time consuming. I beleive that what he is trying to do is find a faster way to do it, with the same effect.

Note that both sentences start with 'I beleive.' Correct me on any of these assumptions fluff.

posted 28 October 2005 05:17 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
I cant get a game of last line v2 online . No-one joins.

posted 28 October 2005 06:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
V2 is actually slightliy outdated. The new one will be released int he pack. My theory is that people don't join games because they don't know what it is. I sometimes fill a slot or two with comps during off-peak hours.(any more and player 7 will dominate)

Also: Tags (---SF Mapname---) will be changed so that there will be less confusion. We haven't worked out what they will be changed to yet, but it will be very similar.

posted 29 October 2005 08:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
I have a group of triggers that when the players population goes over 300 it disables several triggers. If their population drops below 300 it will fire the triggers again. This is what it loks like, however they don't work:

Trigger1 - Active, no loop
Conditions:
Player population >300
Effects:
Disable Trigger - (the ones I want turned on/off)
Fire Event - Trigger2
Disable Trigger - Trigger4

Trigger2 - Not Active, no loop
Conditions:
Timer - 1
Effects:
Fire Event - Trigger 3
Disable Trigger - Trigger 1

Trigger3 - Not Active, no loop
Conditions:
Player Population <300
Effects:
Fire Event - (the ones I want turned on/off)
Fire Event - Trigger 4
Disable Trigger - Trigger 2

Trigger4 - Not Active, no loop
Conditions:
Timer - 1
Effects:
Fire Event - Trigger 1
Disable Trigger - Trigger 3

As you can see it is pretty much like a loop. One possibility is that fire event has the power to disable triggers as well as fire them. However I highly doubt it.

posted 01 November 2005 00:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Ignore that last post. Everything has been resolved.

All maps are now completed and we are awaiting the upload into the downloads section. It shouldn't be long now.

Note:
Guardian towers was scratched as playtesters found it to be dull
Heist is now greatly revised (featuring different units and GPs for different civilisations)
Only the 4 player verison of Elysian Fields will feature in the map pack. The rest will be released together at a later date.

[This message has been edited by Kenjitus (edited 11-01-2005 @ 01:01 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Showcase(s): The SF Map Pack 2
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames