You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Volunteers for the community project
posted 05 November 2005 07:15 PM EDT (US)   
I, Sandro of LZD, is contributing my work to our design team by hard labor each day(joking); we and Uncle Sam would like YOU!!! To get yourself some work and make yourself very useful. This is the site: click here! if you want to help out. This well greatly increase your respect around these forums since we well be releasing this project if you can help us out here.

Sandro, The Wicke

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
{|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
Replies:
posted 05 November 2005 07:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
The link requires a password to read. So I posted what it says.
Also, this is a Lucky-Zion Designs project but we don't have enough volunteers. You don't have to be with LZD to help.
---------------------------------------

The Fall of the Aztec
A Lucky-Zion Designs Community Project

1. Aztec Life
- This scenario will show what life was like in the time of the Aztecs. They will trade gold with far away tribes and will have Aztecs fighting other tribes like the maya. This will be like a tutorial level, it will teach you how to trade, form alliances, and offer sacrifices to the god, Quetzalcoatl. It will also introduce the Aztec king, Moctezuma II. The rest of the story is up to the designer.
2. Conquistador!
- This scenario will be about when the Spaniards came to meet the Aztecs. The date was in 1519, Quetzalcoatl's birthday. The aztecs saw 11 giant floating towers in the water, these were the Spanish ships. Through spies, the aztecs learned these people were Spanish. Moctezuma II sent gifts of gold to the Spaniards and let them into the great Aztec city of Tenochtitlan. The Spaniards went to Tenochtitlan with 400 Spaniards, 16 horses, and several cannons. The Spanish leader, Hernan Cortes, persuaded many aztec enemies to join him. One of them Mayan woman he persuaded was Doņa Marina, she worked as a translator for them and helped convince many other Aztec-haters to join Cortez and his men. Cortez reached Tenochtitlan, where he met Moctezuma II. Cortes and Moctezuma II became close friends, and the Spaniards lived in an aztec palace outside of Tenochtitlan. In this scenario you are the Spaniards and the rest is up to the designer.

Quote:

"The 'stags' came forward, carrying soldiers on their backs. The soldiers wore cotton armor. They bore their leather shields and their iron spears in their hands, but their swords hung down from the necks of the stags. The animals wear many little bells. When they run, the bells make a loud clamor, ringing and reverberating. These animals snort and bellow. They sweat a great deal and the sweat pours from their bodies in streams. Foam from their muzzles drips onto the ground in fat drops, like a lather of amole (soap) When they run, they make a loud noise, as if stones were raining on the earth. Then the earth is pitted and cracked open wherever their hooves have touched it." - An Aztec

3. Death of a King
- On November 8, 1519, Cortes's greed to the best of him. He wanted the great city of Tenochtitlan for himself. He and his army took Moctezuma II hostage. The Spaniards also murdered many Aztec priests and nobles. Moctezuma II told the Aztecs to make peace with the Spaniards. However, these were not the words for an Aztec leader. The aztecs ignored Moctezuma II and let the Spaniards kill him. The Aztecs elected Moctezuma's brother, Cuitlahuac. The rest is up to the designer.
4. Tenochtitlan
- This scenario is a defensive scenario. The Aztecs retreated to Tenochtitlan and locked the gates. They cannot allow the Spaniards to break in. The only people they opened the gates for were traders bringing food to the hungry Aztecs. The rest is up to the designer.
5. Out numbered!
- The final scenario. The Spaniards bring an army of 400 Spaniards and 150,000 native allies. The Aztec try to defend themselves but they fail. The Spaniards break into Tenochtitlan and keep if for themselves. The rest is up to the designer.

This is a community project, so anyone can help. You can pick a whole scenario to make or you can offer to just make the map or just make the triggers for a scenario. We also need playtesters.

--- People in charge ---
1. Aztec Life - Sandro the Wicke
2. Conquistador! - needs a designer
3. Death of a King - DWIEEB
4. Tenochtitlan - needs a designer
5. Out numbered! - Pepsidude_123

--- Playtesters ---
Pepsidude_123
----------------------
For those of you who do not know what Tenochtitlan was or looked like, I'll tell you. Tenochtitlan is located in present day Mexico City. Tenochtitlan was a city on top of Lake Texcoco. It was considered one of the largest empires at the time. The city had some bridges leading to it, but most of the roads were canals. The Aztecs built floating gardens in the water, the gardens floated on man-made islands of dirt and wood. The Aztecs were bloodthirsty people and captured prisoners of wars and made them build mighty stone temples to the gods. This is a map of what Tenochtitlan probably looked like.
[JPEG, (225.10 KB)]
------------------------
I made an aztec temple that anyone is allowed to use in the campaign.

[This message has been edited by pEpsIdUDe_123 (edited 11-05-2005 @ 07:26 PM).]

posted 05 November 2005 07:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
However if you would like to join, you are most welcome.
posted 07 November 2005 02:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I'd do Conquistador! Do you have forums set up for this somewhere?
EDIT: Well theres your forums, which I just noticed. I registered there.

And can anyone volunteer to do a scenario? or are there requirements?

¯¨´*·~-.¸ SgtSlaughter ¸,.-~*´¨¯

[This message has been edited by SgtSlaughter (edited 11-07-2005 @ 02:23 PM).]

posted 07 November 2005 05:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Nope as long as you're creative on that!

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
posted 07 November 2005 07:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Good to have another designer.

The project thread at Lucky-Zion has been moved to the projects section so anybody can see it.

posted 07 November 2005 09:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Ok great I'll catch ya in there then.

¯¨´*·~-.¸ SgtSlaughter ¸,.-~*´¨¯
posted 09 November 2005 06:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
Hey Sgt, Aren't you going to need the template to know which basic units are used for the Aztec Army?

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
posted 12 November 2005 08:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
I know I'm not supposed to be double-posting; anyway it's time for some new screenshot from the community project. Just click here or here!

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Volunteers for the community project
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames