Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ack! Need help.
posted 11 July 2006 01:14 AM EDT (US)   
I can't figure out how to get the computer to build a settlement in the beginging of the game..or even do anything for that matter. I selected the players that will be computer and use the trigger AI but nothing is happening. What do I do?
Replies:
posted 11 July 2006 01:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
ok, now I'm Annoyed.

POST IN THE %$&^in QUESTION THREAD YOU IDIOT PEICE OF CRAP!

posted 11 July 2006 01:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
You know what, I thought I did. Maybe if this thread wasn't set up so noobishly it would be there like I thought it would.
posted 11 July 2006 02:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
Maybe if your not such an idiot?
posted 11 July 2006 02:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
If you don't like it, leave.

or at least be proactive about it.

-[Hello..

[This message has been edited by AdZyZ (edited 07-11-2006 @ 02:21 AM).]

posted 11 July 2006 02:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
I dont need some insolent, sophomoric child beleaguering me. Go on about your voracious ways to make yourself better by belittling others rather then me.
posted 11 July 2006 02:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17  

Quote:

I selected the players that will be computer and use the trigger AI but nothing is happening. What do I do?

Quote:

I dont need some insolent, sophomoric child beleaguering me. Go on about your voracious ways to make yourself better by belittling others rather then me.

Notice the jump in vocabulary. Ease down a bit on the thesaurus buddy, your "big-worded insult" wasn't really that witty.

Anyways, the settlement has to be aligned to the "grid", otherwise the computer won't build on it. I don't feel like explaining why, but just place a berry bush down (because for some reason berry bushes always snap to grid) and then convert it to a town center with triggers.

posted 11 July 2006 06:24 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
@ Mausi

Welcome to AoM HG forums.
Don't worry, they're just kids... and not that tough.
Hey guys, it's so bright outside, how come it's not as bright down here?
Time for ice-cream for some of yours!

• Settlement!
    It's a well known AoM ( Vanilla only? ) bug. CPU ( computer controlled ) players have hard time building on an " Editor " settlement unless you use a little trick:
    Place not a settlement but a berry bush on your map and set up an ( active, run immediately, high priority ) trigger firing at the very beginning of your scenario the " Change Unit Type Effect " onto this very berry bush ( by selecting it and double checking by hitting the " Show " button! ) to change it into a... settlement. A settlement that a CPU player is gonna be able to use.
    Also the AI gets really important here ( I've never used this trigger AI? ) No need but read
    4) The whole AI thing:... at jml!

Hope you'll read this.. if these guys didn't push you out already...

• posted 11 July 2006 08:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
    Cirruis, do not do that. And yes, you know what. Flaming is not allowed here. Next time you do that you may face an official warning.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    posted 11 July 2006 11:34 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
    Thnx very much. I tried that berry bush thing, but I didn't know I needed to click the show button. I'll try it out then.

*edit*
    I got the first berry bush to convert, but now I can't get the rest to. X.x'

*another edit*
    Ack, I'm about to give up. I was trying to figure out how toget the rest of the berry bushes to work, but then the first one wont change now. I went and deleted ALL the triggers and started over. I put Down the berry bush as Gaia,then (while the berry bush is still selected) I go to the triggers. I click 'insert trigger'. I make it 'High priority', 'active', AND 'run immediatley'. I leave the 'condition' alone and go in to 'effect'. I select the 'unit heading' option, add it to the list. Then select the 'change unit type' and make it 'settlement'. I click the 'show' button (even though nothing happens) then insert it. I click on the playtest, and behold...its still a bush! O.o'

[This message has been edited by Mausi (edited 07-11-2006 @ 12:14 PM).]

posted 11 July 2006 01:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
    @ Mausi

• unit heading? No need.
  • You don't need to click the Show button. It's just safer. Just a very good habit to get addicted to.
    Okay, here we go:
    - Make a brand new and small map.
    - Editor Toolbar: scenario >>> scenario data >>> Scenario settings: Uncheck the Victory condition! ( Do it always on most of yours maps... )
    Place 10 berry bushes ( Ga•a of course ) on it and next to it some units or revealer to be able to see something.
    - Editor Toolbar:
    Trigger: Insert one, select it and >>> active, run immediately, high.
    Condition: always or none
    Effect: change unit type
    Now select all of the berry bushes and click on " unit " right away, and then only click on show which is gonna verify that... all of your previously selected berry bushes are selected again. Note: if you selected Ga•a into the editor through the " place objects " window, you can just double click on one single BB and have all of those BB you actually see on your screen selected.
    Now select Settlement from the protunit scrolling list.
    And... enjoy!

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 07-11-2006 @ 03:17 PM).]

• posted 11 July 2006 02:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
    yea i had to get used to the select object and then click unit... it was the other way round in AoK... i think...
    posted 11 July 2006 04:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17  

Quote:

Yes, your big words are very intimidating.

Sorry to everyone but the thread maker. Its...just....so...annoying.

[This message has been edited by Cirruis (edited 07-11-2006 @ 04:26 PM).]

posted 11 July 2006 04:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
    trigers crashed i bet.

death is not the worst, it is the ultimate end
    posted 11 July 2006 05:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
    @cirrius - ?

What the. Have you gone nutty? Dear me, it isn't a disaster because the thread goes down the list and very soon you don't see it so it isn't THAT bad. No need to go mad!

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 07-11-2006 @ 05:10 PM).]

posted 11 July 2006 11:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
    Stupid people did it nottud...
    Stupid people...
    posted 11 July 2006 11:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
    Ahh, yes the stupied people...

scientifict term is:

WTFareyouanidiot?!?!?!humains

Or something like that...

'~SwordStorm's Accomplishments~'
    '~The Vandhaal's Monkey Boy[?]~'
    '~Owner of Papaya's 3,333rd Post~'
    '~Owner of 666 post in Communitity RPG~'
    '~Owner of 99,999 post in Scenario Discussion~'
    '~Owner of Three Signatures in PF's Signature~'
    posted 12 July 2006 08:20 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
    Alright guys, if I see any more threads turn out like this one here (all the flaming), you are going to start receiving warnings.

*stabs thread*

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Ack! Need help.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames