Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scenario Showcase: <NEO MUTATION 2>
posted 17 August 2006 01:28 PM EDT (US)   

NeoMutation 2 by Myr_Enforcerer (aka Me, lol)

Style: RolePlayingGame.
Players: 4 human and 2 computer.
Average play time: Around 2 hours.

For those that havent played any Mutation Map, i tell you that is a RPG-type map, in wich you control only 2 units: a main unit wich "mutates" (transform) into stronger version as you kill, and a healer unit, wich purpose is to have the main unit HP at 100%... and also be a bait (see How to survive for more info about this).

Neo Mutation 2, being a sequel, tries to improve the gameplay of the past version by providing 3 difficulty settings, that should let anyone play, from begineers to micromanage experts.

Depending of the difficulty you pick, the game will add or remove units, change the attacks of the bosses and give you a different ending.

As in the past version, everything is about teamplay and micromanagement skills. Using your GPs in the right times and using lure tactics are vital for survival.

The map eyecandy isnt bad (i think) so the areas dont get too repetitive. In addition, there are many hidden areas that will grant you bonus GPs and technologies if you find them.

FEATURES
>Choose one of the 3 warriors to play with: each with strong and weak points. Each have his unique "Mutation Path", with 16 levels.

>Unique GPs for the warriors. These GPs get stronger as you play.

>Day-night ambient cycle. Host can turn it on/off by writting AMBIENT_ON or AMBIENT_OFF. So the host cant play in the lighting he likes the most.

>5 challenging bosses and one hidden.

>3 difficulty levels: Normal, Hard and Champion.

>Intro and ending cinematics.

>Decent eyecandy and plenty hidden areas to be found.

HOW TO SURVIVE
1>Use the healer as cannonfodder. He can die endless times. You dont. Thatīs why he should go almost every time in the front.

2>Your healer = bait. Lure with him the enemies, and move around meanwhile your main units kills them, unarmed. Or at least buy time. All is about micromanagement.

3>Move in groups. Going alone vs 10 guys isnt smart.

4>Low HP? Run. Going to fight soon? Heal first. The healer healing (lol!) speed is fairly good, that is if you arent fighting/moving (the pasive stance is usefull here, just remember to switch back to agressive or defensive later)

THE MUTATION PATHS
Path 1: Murmillo This path provides you the faster units, and also the ones with the most hack armor. Pierce armor is poor howerever. Ideal for lure tactics.

Respawnable GP 1: Mercenary (Lure) Using the Lure GP the user will summon a 100% hack and pierce armor Mercenary, but with limited lifespan and HP. Ideal against melee units.

Respawnable GP 2: Wrath of the Deep (Nidhogg) Using the Nidhogg GP summons a Kraken, wich haves high HP and atack. In addition, he can be healed, and if there is need, you can run to it for backup. Howerever, the place where he will be summoned is quite randomly, due to the flying behavior of the Nidhogg. Ideal against melee and myth units.

Path 2: Destroyer The path of the Trident soldier will give you the units with the most attack power and HP. Howerever, they are also the slowest and the ones with worst armor. Desigened for advanced players.

Respawnable GP 1: Acid Pool(Lure) Generates a pool of acid damaging all enemy units nearby. Very effective against groups of human units, specially low armor ones. Not so good against myth units, and less vs heros.

Respawnable GP 2: Berserker (Ragnarok) By using the Ragnarok GP the user will raise his attack power by a limited time. This GP can only be used one time, and then you must wait for it to end. (It isnt acumulative, using it 2 or more times simultaneusly wont work)

Path 3: Arcus This path will you decent speed and atack units. Plus, all have range and enjoy the greatest pierce armor. The bad, is they have the worst HP of all.

Respawnable GP 1: Lighting Arrow (Bolt) The Bolt GP inflict target unit 100 damage. Very good against heros and some myth units, but quite pointless to use against human units.

Respawnable GP 2: Sentinel (Lure) Using the Lure GP, the user gets a Sentinel, wich will remain in the area summoned. While weak in HP and armor, the Sentinel haves range and a deadly atack. Ideal for support, and since he can be summoned on key areas, he can be unreachable to unraged units.

IMAGES
I put here some screenshoots links:

[The Seal of the Elements]
Marble Mountains
Cainazzo of Water
Fort Zeakden
Abandoned Mines
Starting Area

ABOUT THE RELASE
The game is 100% made. Since the version is the first one (A) it may have some bugs/errors. Iv tested it many times howerever and the errors shouldnt be too much of a problem. Even so i will relase a B version (hopefully error-free) once the map is tested by the community.

Download NeoMutation 2 HERE

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
Myr_Enforcerer----------------------------------------------1800 (Greek)
dw_wb------------------------------------------------------17xx (Smurf)

[This message has been edited by PhoenixBird (edited 08-21-2006 @ 10:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 August 2006 02:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Good job.
The screenshots look very interesting.

posted 17 August 2006 02:25 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
Ty Alex. I will be hosting the map the weekend, hopefully.

BTW:These pics on your signature show a very nice lighting.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
posted 17 August 2006 10:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Good to see you again Phoenix, too bad you don't come online more often.
Your showcase is very proffesional and it looks like your eyecandy skills have vastly improved.
I'll download this when I can and review your map.
posted 18 August 2006 05:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
This sounds very good but you have one little problem.. "Chat contains" doesnt work online

-[Hello..
posted 18 August 2006 10:42 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
Yo Cirrow... yeah, school claims quite a time.

About the chat contain, i had it in the first NeoMutation version and it worked just fine. No Out of Syncs or silly things by the type.

The first version needed from 2 to 3 hours, and in all that time no OoS, so i dont see why chat contains shouldnt work.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation

[This message has been edited by PhoenixBird (edited 08-18-2006 @ 10:42 AM).]

posted 21 August 2006 10:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
The file is ready for download. You can do it HERE

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
posted 22 August 2006 00:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
I played it and I promise I'll review it, I'm leaving for 3 days however.

The game was great though. Your eyecandy was great too, I liked the marble mountains. And it was very hard as useal.

posted 22 August 2006 11:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Ty Cirrow. Good to know you like it. Maybe it is still hard, but i believe it is easier than NeoMutation 1.

Also it is shorter, NM 1 needed from 2 to 3 hours to be finished. A friend and me beated NM 2 within 2 hours... of 4 players 2 where killed, so i think that if 4 people survive it will be even shorter.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
posted 23 August 2006 07:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
I played three player with you.. it wasnt bad because we could get more mutations. We didnt finish it, but got up pretty far.

-[Hello..
posted 23 August 2006 09:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
i played this, its really hard, well for me, i always picked normal, but my guy always ended up dieing after a few minutes, i gave up on it
posted 23 August 2006 10:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
The map can be either too easy or too hard, depending of how you play.

You need to know a couple of things:

1>>Notice that your priest is undead. This mean he is your endless meatshield!

2>Myth Units have a penalty bonus against heros. This means that any enemy MU will cause a meaningless damage to your priest, meanwhile your main units can dispatch these MUīs that are busy with the priest.

3>The unit that attacks is the unit that will be attacked: if your main unit attacks a foe, all the foes nearby will target you.

But, if your priest attacks a foe, all the foes will target him. After this, move the priest around, using him as bait. Meanwhile main units can attack the foes, unarmed.

4>Aim for the greatest foes. Dont attack a lone Hypaspist if you are seeing that an Anubite is dealing with your teammates.

5>Finally, there are secrets areas that hold bonus technologies, GodPowers and even places where you can get "easy" kills, wich are the areas with the Tartarian Gates. Look around very well, it shouldnt be very hard to find these areas.

LIST OF HIDDEN PLACES

1. Statue that gives you the Thuriraz Rune improvment.
2. Two sanctuarys that gives you Plague of Serpents, Spider Lair and Carnivora.
3. Statue that gives you the Monstrous Rage improvment.
4. Weapons that gives you the Bacchanalia improvment.
5. Village that holds the Heroic Renewal improvment.
6. Statue that gives you the Olympic Parentage improvment.
7. One sanctuary that grants you Chaos, Traitor and Restoration.
8. 3 areas that have Tartarian Gates. Each gate will give you 20 + "easy" kills.

As you can see, if you play your cards well, this game isnt as hard as it looks.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation

[This message has been edited by PhoenixBird (edited 08-23-2006 @ 10:55 PM).]

posted 24 August 2006 06:38 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
The best strategy is to play with only 3 players instead of 4, and make your 2 allies people you trust.

Always send your healer first.. And retreat when necessary. Be careful and you'll be fine.. It's not meant to be easy.

-[Hello..
posted 24 August 2006 08:33 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
o well, i wasn't saying it looked bad or anything like that, the map looked GREAT, you did an awesome job with that, it's just, I'm not a HUGE mutation fan, so i didn't play it to my fullest, which would probably explain why i didn't do well, I'm sure its relatively simple, you just gotta really wanna play it
posted 24 August 2006 01:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
Yeah, i understand it .

AdZyZ is right about the 3 people. You can mutate faster that way. Anyway, im planning to make a B version with a Easy difficulty, that removes hard enemies and stuff by the like.

Have fun, and ty for your comments.

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation

[This message has been edited by PhoenixBird (edited 08-24-2006 @ 01:17 PM).]

posted 25 August 2006 02:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
For the B version you could just have all the units stat's slightly downgraded when easy difficulty is chosen.

-[Hello..
posted 25 August 2006 09:44 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
That is a good idea AdZyZ. Il use it! Ty

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
posted 26 August 2006 01:38 AM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Just played this game with you today... it was fun but my mouse got stuck when i was trying to retreat and I died lol but I liked it. One suggestion is to maybe add more units at the beginning? Not many but some other players were slower to mutate. Me, being the lucky one, got all the way to scarab before I was owned lol
posted 26 August 2006 04:14 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
I remember you

Yeah, you where gaining levels very fast. When you died, i couldnt understand why you didnt run. After all, you had plenty of space and good chances of escape.

Now i see why you didnt... the mouse! It is horrible when it goes crazy when you are microing your units. Well, see you around. Hf

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
posted 26 August 2006 08:41 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
I reviewed. I died when my Einhjar or whatever did his horn thing and I couldn't move him. >:P
posted 26 August 2006 10:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
I die a lot when my anubite jumps himself into sticky situations =P

-[Hello..
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Showcase: <NEO MUTATION 2>
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames