Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Interactive Pretty Town 2006 map/scenario: Wonders of the Deep
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04 November 2006 11:10 PM EDT (US)   

Wonders of the Deep

Created by:The_Vandhaal
RELEASE DATE AoM TT: 1-9-2006 For Age of Mythology The Titans
RELEASE DATE AoM EE: 26-01-2015 For Age of Mythology Extended edition
TYPE: Age of Mythology the Titans and Age of Mythology Extended Edition, Interactive eyecandy map with cinematic tour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome mortal

....welcome in the realm of the god Poseidon.
You show courage by travelling the vast Atlantic Ocean all alone.
And this courage gives you the favor of Poseidon. He will tell you the secrets on how to explore his realm ..... an honour which only a vew mortals before you have been granted.

The Wonders of the Deep interactive eyecandy map was created in the scope of the AomH 2006 Pretty Town competition. Notice this is NOT a playable scenario but an explorable eyecandy map. Check the features below.

Interactive map features

• Fully voice acted tour cinematic
  • Interactive controle for player by chat commands
  • Detailed map design
  • Nice sound and music score
  • Mini puzzle ( nothing fancy but maybe fun)
  • Fully explorable Underwater world
  • Custom lighting files and custom underwater ligting effects
  • Check the included read me file before installing this map
  • I recommend to consume some nice white whine while exploring this Interactive eyecandy map

Screenshots, Artworks & Inspiration

You can find all AoM TT version screenshots in the Wonders of the deep Interactive map album located in the Vandhaal Picasa Gallery.

The AoM TT Eyecandy screenshot series Wonders of the Deep formed the Inspiration to create this Intercative map. You can find this eyecandy screenshot series in The Vandhaals miscellaneous screenshots album in the Gallery. besides this series a little AoM Vanilla sketch I had created for JML called Underwater Dance contributed also to the inspiration to create this map.

Age of Mythology Extended Edition version of this map

In Januari 2015 this map has been updated for AoM EE on Steam. You can grab your copy through the AoM EE steam workshop.

Wonders of the Deep Aom EE version on Steam

Age of Mythology Extended Edition screenshots??? sure!...check below example screenies and for more check the Steam workshop page from the AoM EE version of Wonders of the Deep.

Download for the AoM TT and the AoM EE version

For more download locations please visit the project page of The Wonders of the Deep Interactive map on the Vandhaal's website.

• AOM EE Download Wonders of the Deep AoM EE version from the Steam workshop here

More info & Contact

Visit one of the below locations for more info or to leave a reaction

email
    vandhaal@gmail.com

web
    New website:
    http://www.vandhaal.elpea.net

Blog:
    https://vandhaal.wordpress.com/

Steam AoM EE collection:
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=381994503

Pretty town 2006 winners thread at the AomH forum

Pretty town 2006 competition thread at the AomH forum

The mysterious race which lives in the deep Oceans is called the Aquantians. Namor , a servant of Poseidon, is one of them

For all The Vandhaal released and or published stuff on AomH and the HG network and around the internet counts:

• BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
    [This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 01-29-2015 @ 11:39 AM).]

Replies:
    posted 04 November 2006 11:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
    wow.. nice thread Vandhaal, it even looks around the same design in aspect as the one back at your site.. But still.. Well, anyhow, great job on earning that title, you deserved it.. Good luck with The Corruptor ...

Regards,

Sandro The Wicke

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    {|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
    posted 04 November 2006 11:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
    I played it and it was incredible, good job.
    posted 05 November 2006 01:20 AM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
    This map is absolutely amazing, awesome job Vandhaal! I liked it so much that I watched it twice before I actually "judged" it.

oh you can wait for what I can give
    you know what I am so you know how I live
    try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
    its happening now and it’s always been like this.
    posted 05 November 2006 03:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
    yeah you deserved it, that guy was right when he said 1st place was already gone

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
    A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
    A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 05 November 2006 06:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
    We never stood a chance, or what

Great map, Vandy.

Sweet baby maizes!
    posted 05 November 2006 07:32 AM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
    It was absolutely amazing!

Now I'm just more excited about The Corrupter.

Great job! Really!

~Deathman rts nl

(¯`·._.·[DEATHMAN RTS NL]·._.·´¯)

check out the demo of Ghost ahoy 4.4
    posted 05 November 2006 10:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
    Thanx for the reactions guys

Great to hear that you liked it

We have taken AoM to space, to the depts of the oceans, to the underworld, to other dimensions, to the hihgest mountain tops, to various lands from snow and ice coverd to the hottest desolate desserts.....what should be next ?....

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
    More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2006 @ 10:57 AM).]

posted 05 November 2006 11:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
    You can find me in the club♫

but that's not a town....

A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 05 November 2006 11:04 AM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
    Looks AWESOME! It's awesome that you pulled this off. I'm downloading the movie now.

posted 05 November 2006 11:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
    edited

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2006 @ 11:51 PM).]

posted 05 November 2006 12:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 37  

Nice

I'll download it from your site since AOMH doesn't have the music. Congrats Vandhaal!

posted 05 November 2006 12:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
    edited

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2006 @ 11:50 PM).]

posted 05 November 2006 01:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
    edited

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2006 @ 11:49 PM).]

posted 05 November 2006 01:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
    I think that is a sufficiently clear warning...
    posted 05 November 2006 01:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
    lets hope so Arch

( i still saw some people download the incorrect file in the meantime)

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-05-2006 @ 01:49 PM).]

posted 05 November 2006 01:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
    wow, and you give this out for free
    posted 05 November 2006 02:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
    [GIF, (1.62 MB)]

??? How come this is not showing?

[This message has been edited by jml (edited 11-06-2006 @ 09:18 AM).]

posted 05 November 2006 10:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
    Salut JML..... I ove ROLLYWOOD

Ok guys Papaya has made me a happy bunny...he has placed the correct file in the aomH download section

so just grab it

the text on the dl page is not valid anymore but I cannot change that myself...lol only aomh moderators can do it...so just ignore it while it is not updated yet

aaaannnd have fun with the map

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

AOM RUlllezzzz !!

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

posted 06 November 2006 06:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
    100% agreed

A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 07 November 2006 07:08 PM EDT (US)     20 / 37  

Quote:

We have taken AoM to space, to the depts of the oceans, to the underworld, to other dimensions, to the hihgest mountain tops, to various lands from snow and ice coverd to the hottest desolate desserts.....what should be next ?....

To the desolation of kinds, the urban legends of lore olden. Hithered lands of bliss and barren waste, crawling to the deepest corners of man's begotten and forever forsaken imagination.. Where the swamplands are, laying the jungles of transcedence with elusive and exquisite swamplands filled with small bogs and marshes. Where dwell the terrors of the deep, also the great forgotten elders of men lain are. For creativity holds no bounds as how we should use it for benefit and advancement towards what we can achieve in naturalistic beauty from simple engies of design made by no other but influential to men, and men within itself..

Well, anyhow.. I was thinking that this map was indeed all the mentioned above and below in replies, but it shouldn't however give us an impression on where we should set the boundaries for true AOM: Fantasy work.. Though, I have to admit as well as others so far here, that this map is worthy of regardance as a step forwards towards such a place already, so in short.. Keep this up, and don't disappoint or stumble too much to an idle point with your The Corruptor Cinematic Campaign Project. I'm looking forward to it..

Regards,

Sandro The Wicke The Creeping Guy Next Door....

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    posted 08 November 2006 01:02 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
    He thats a really nice text Sandro

and yes the technical or complex side of any map or how big it is..... is NO benchmark for anything in AoM or whatever design field.....

..... original Imagination is the most important ...the people who have read my bio on aomh know that In my opinion even simple maps which are sparkeling from personal Imagination beat the complex huge maps who lack this Imagination or have less of it.... any day....

.... so yes the bechmark is..... YOUR own mind and if you are able to stay away from / don't fall in the "fixed narrow mind" trap you will succeed in pushing beyond the bounderies.

and do not worry Sandro...the Corruptor is not on an idle point..... you have to keep this in mind..... composing and creating music and timing this music on the images shown in the movie is just as much work as creating an aom cinematic.
    and besides that...this is all still a hobby to me.....so that means i do not always have so much time for it.....and that other things in my private life are much more important to me
    Don't worry ...like I have said before.....my stuff always gets completed...sooner or later

thanx again for writing and sharing the nice text above

Best regards,
    The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
    THE VANDHAAL

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 11-08-2006 @ 01:03 PM).]

posted 08 November 2006 01:15 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
    I don't say Sandro's map was bad, but it was kinda sad to just see the stuff end....

A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 08 November 2006 07:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
    Yeah, it was kind of depressing but thrice fold how much I've achieved out of almost no time lap greater than 2 hours.. But still, do keep up with the pre-released version soon enough and remember to check at the new phoenix site for the NGS/TTWD discussion... You'll find out more about it when you read the threads ...

SANDRO THE WICKE
    /\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
    TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
    posted 08 November 2006 08:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  

Quote:

I don't say Sandro's map was bad, but it was kinda sad to just see the stuff end...

I agree. That is why it is our duty to bug KJ for one final pretty town contest next year. Perhaps right at the beginning of summer.

posted 09 November 2006 01:56 AM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
    yeah!!!! let's do this every year, as long as AoM lives!!

A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Interactive Pretty Town 2006 map/scenario: Wonders of the Deep
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames