You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Accessing AOM campaign scenarios to edit
posted 11 November 2006 01:41 PM EDT (US)   
Self explanatory really - I would like to access the game's scenarios and edit a few for multiplayer play. Obviously I dont want to recreate the entire map, so if anyone knows how to load the games maps into the editor I would really appriciate it!

Thanks,

Ace

Replies:
posted 11 November 2006 01:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Download AoMed, and convert the .bar files in the scenario folder.

Could you please use the question thread?

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 11 November 2006 01:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
you can also load the most recently played scenarios from the editor DIRECTLY.
posted 11 November 2006 02:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Do what Paper says. Otherwise download BARExplorer by Vachu and then extract the scenarios (edit, Extract All) from the .bar file into your scenario folder.

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 11 November 2006 03:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
pik were do you get these ideas first the building a unit one WTF now its the AoM or AoM TT campaign 1 you cant open a recently played scn or scx in the editor you can only do that if you had just opened ito the editor

+|MW|BaxteR|+
[My|Projects]
[Destruction 1%]
[Gamer|Programmer|Destoyer of World's]
posted 11 November 2006 04:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
In the editor you can open recently played campaigns. BUT this doesn't work for the AoM campaign only AoM:TT campaigns.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 11 November 2006 10:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
@ Freaky2,
It does work in AOM Vanilla I know i tried it before.

@ Ace_Gaming
You have to download AOMED or any other bar exporter and "read" the scenario.bar and extract it into the scen folder.

With Regards,
Kronos 29

Some people call me smart, some super smart, I prefer to call myself, GENIUS.
Best Game Evar!
+=+/-_//Kronos29\\_-\+=+=
posted 12 November 2006 02:51 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
If you come up with some ideas yourself and design a new map with unique game play, people are more likely to view you as a good, creative designer- taking a map from the official campaign and changing some triggers isn't that creative!!

Maid, I don't think that will be necessary.
posted 12 November 2006 03:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Thanks for all your help guys, i think I can get it working now! Just one question though, what do I set the output file to be?

And caesar, I do infact make some unique maps - I just fancied trying to make the AOM campaign with 2 player co-op which would make it a bit more interesting. Its upto me what I want to try out at the end of the day.

Ace

[This message has been edited by Ace_Gaming (edited 11-12-2006 @ 04:16 AM).]

posted 12 November 2006 07:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Anywhere you want. Just make sure that it is an empty map, because there are loads of scenarios that all will be placed in the folder you select.

Quote:

In the editor you can open recently played campaigns. BUT this doesn't work for the AoM campaign only AoM:TT campaigns.

Wrong. If you play Vanilla, and select Fall of the Trident scenarios from the Editor, you will be able to load them.
If you play TT, and select The New Atlantis scenarios in the editor, you will be able to load them.
You just can't load Fall of the Trident scenarios in TT, or load The New Atlantis scenarios in Vanilla (self-explanatory, really ).

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 12 November 2006 08:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Okay so that explains why I am unable to open AoM campaigns. I am using TT.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
posted 12 November 2006 03:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
All done now, but a final problem.

When I try and play this with another player in multiplayer, it starts to load and then goes to the title screen. It works fine in all other instances. Why would this be happening?

Regards,

Ace

posted 12 November 2006 04:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
I am not sure. But maybe because the campaign is only single player. Look in the player data to check. There will be a list entitled "Control:". Is the control of the player you tried to be set to Computer or Human?

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 14 November 2006 03:57 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Actually, this seems to happen on all the scenarios I make, but If I save it over a scenario someone sent me it works fine. This is obviously not a long term solution, so I need to find out why this is happening.
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Accessing AOM campaign scenarios to edit
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames