You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 12 February 2007 02:10 AM EDT (US)   
Please go here for the new thread.

So you have a question? You can post it here!
Lol, the actual asking of a question is approximately <1% of the entire question process. - oddy
Ironically, this thread has decreased the quality of posts at SD, because now the smart people post here -Spitfire

An age has ended, the old question thread has reached the 2500th post, after the era's of King Jared, ArticWind7, and Paperfriend we are in need of a new thread. It has many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous three threads?
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling?
Greyshark has produced a very useful guide But I have found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9, Arrgghhh! Army deploy dosnt work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

This thread will continue past post 2500 until it reaches its limit.
There is no limit, and as such, the 2500th poster should get the new thread to avoid that the thread info gets corrupted. Just a heads up.
Noooooo, must get that post!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 01-08-2008 @ 11:27 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12 February 2007 02:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2501  
You can't even properly copy -.-

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 12 February 2007 02:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2501  
Im adding the links now

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 12 February 2007 02:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 2501  
Like I said you can't properly copy

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 02-12-2007 @ 11:07 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 02:55 AM EDT (US)     4 / 2501  
I need a sticky plz, Moderators!

posted 12 February 2007 02:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2501  
are you the new paperfriend then Yeeebagoooon?

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
posted 12 February 2007 03:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2501  
Lol yes you could say that. I am humble at the moment but later on I may develop an ego to rival even Paperfriend (and 5 times more worshippers) lol

posted 12 February 2007 03:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2501  
You spam lord

Quoted from Yeebaagooon on the previous question thread:

Mwahahahaha

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 12 February 2007 03:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 2501  
Due to your last answer, Yeebaagooon, I was wondering...
Do you know what program I could use to convert a picture INTO an icon, so that I may use it in scenarios?
If anyone else can answer it for me, that would be great.

[This message has been edited by Jordan99255 (edited 02-12-2007 @ 03:24 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 03:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 2501  
Hmm interesting question.
The icons in AOM are stored in the folder Textures, icons. The only way this might be possible is if there was a .bar file in the textures folder to extract. Then you might be able to use AOMeD to convert your folders. But you face another problem:
I have custom taunts. For example taunt 46 is where i sing in an annoying voice about how I pwned the unfortunate opponant. I can hear this, but because nobody else has that file in their xtaunts folder they cannot. I think the same principle applies to icons.
Sorry, but my advice is stick with the icons that AOm has. You can find a list in reyk's nxe3.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 02-12-2007 @ 03:31 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 03:31 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2501  
Use AoMED, it converts both ways. Remember to have the correct size for your image.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 12 February 2007 03:35 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2501  
Will do. Thanks for the advice.
As for the fact that no-one else will have the icon, Yeebaagooon, yes, i'm pretty sure it applies for icons, too.
But that would not be a deterrent, I would simply add it in the scenario zip file. Anyway, thanks again - to both of you.

One more thing, I've attempted to mod for other RTS' before, so I know HOW to, I just don't have the program to make a decent one. But, anyway, AOM is quite different in many ways to other RTS', so - just to save time looking through other forums - can anyone tell me HOW I do this for AoMED?

[This message has been edited by Jordan99255 (edited 02-12-2007 @ 03:42 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 04:12 AM EDT (US)     12 / 2501  
Im no modder but you extract the data.bar file in AOM/data to get the protox and then do the same for anim,models, texture, histroy etc.

posted 12 February 2007 05:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 2501  
Well, had it been the AOE or SWGB modpack editor, then I would certainly be able to turn something into an icon.
But I don't know all the steps with AOM, as I am a FAIRLY new player to AOM.
But, the editor works very differently on this game and I can't figure out how to change the icon for a unit - I guess I could find a forum but it's a tedious process and takes a while to read it all.

Anyway, the REASON I want to show an image for a scenario is because I plan to make a scenario with similiarities to the Knights of the old Republic game - not a Star Wars scenario - and I wanted the player to be able to find Journals or diaries and whatnot. That way, I could insert a code of some sort into the journal and it can later be used in the game.

So, I could read a forum and go through all the never-ending learning utilities OR something else I thought of...
Perhaps making a journal on microsoft word(or some other) and record it for 2 seconds with my webcam. This way, I can make the duration the movie is on for nearly unlimited and the player can abort whenever he or she feels like it.
So, I guess, for now, I will go to the forums and see if I can just go ahead with the picture...

posted 12 February 2007 05:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 2501  
I got a question:

In "send chat" or "change name" you can use {playername(1)} or whatever number your want. But im wondering if this works with cinimatics too? Like in "Play dialogs"?

NecroDog

Creator of JEWELKingdom

Project: ??

posted 12 February 2007 05:42 AM EDT (US)     15 / 2501  
No offence, but I'm not sure I like the new question thread..

-[Hello..
posted 12 February 2007 05:53 AM EDT (US)     16 / 2501  

Quote:

But, the editor works very differently on this game and I can't figure out how to change the icon for a unit

You can't do that with the AoM Editor. If you want to change icons, you need to mod - except if you're talking about doing it for cinematic purposes (dialog icons).

Go to the modding forum for further questions regarding modding.

Quote:

In "send chat" or "change name" you can use {playername(1)} or whatever number your want. But im wondering if this works with cinimatics too? Like in "Play dialogs"?

Fully possible, yes, but you need another code. I don't recall it at the moment, though...

Quote:

can anyone tell me HOW I do this for AoMED?

Open the program (You can download it from here). Select "Direct File Conversion", and open the bitmap file you want to convert into an icon.

Then, place the *.ddt file into the Icons folder, inside the AoM/textures directory. You can use the icon in Play Dialog, in Show Image, and so on - provided you use the correct name.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 12 February 2007 06:09 AM EDT (US)     17 / 2501  
Well, I turned the picture into a DDT. file and I then put it into the icon folder. I called the file sssss2
Afterwards, I went into the scenario editor and used trigger effect "Show image", I then typed icons/sssss2 and it didn't work; what did I do wrong?

[This message has been edited by Jordan99255 (edited 02-12-2007 @ 06:17 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 06:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 2501  
How would you enable technologies? without getting the major god needed of course.
posted 12 February 2007 06:21 AM EDT (US)     19 / 2501  
Can you be more specific plz?

posted 12 February 2007 07:26 AM EDT (US)     20 / 2501  
Quote:
How would you enable technologies? without getting the major god needed of course.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
But I do know you can set the tech level with the "Set tech level" effect in the triggers effect listing.

posted 12 February 2007 09:05 AM EDT (US)     21 / 2501  
Thanks for the stciky moderators! Im on almost everyday so I should be able to deliver replies quickly.

posted 12 February 2007 10:50 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2501  

Quote:

Quoted from ILB:

Fully possible, yes, but you need another code. I don't recall it at the moment, though...

OMG how is this done please tell me and does it only work for the part of the dialog that says who's talking or can it be used in the main body of the text. i.e. Helbort: dear {insert name code here} go die. {insert name code here} becoming the name of the player.

posted 12 February 2007 11:02 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2501  
Paperfriend, get rid of the code you got in the 3rd post, it's making the screen really wide!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 12 February 2007 11:06 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2501  
Sigh, there only is text on the left, does it really matter that you *can* scroll to the right?

Quote:

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ.

Intresting, but maybe at it to right part?

Also, watch out with adding questions to the FAQ, if you have to many people won't read it. I think seven is max already. And why is greyshark's guide bold?

Quote:

Paperfriends's Thread.

??? I have smurfs?

No matter what you say

[This message has been edited by Paperfriend (edited 02-12-2007 @ 11:14 AM).]

posted 12 February 2007 12:30 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2501  
Man you are annoying.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames