You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: A complete guide to the transform trigger!
posted 29 March 2007 04:33 AM EDT (US)   

The Transform Trigger!

How I found it

It all started when Two_ace_u showed me the console and how to use it. He told me that you could use it to bring up commands and insert them. He said that if I put in helptext(".") that I would get every command in the game. I put it in and it brought up loads of commands. I started to get excited because I realised it was likely to be how Reyk got his commands to make the new editor. Indeed, it seemed Reyk knew all about the console because he also said to put helptext(".") to get the commands. Anyway, I looked through the command list but I didn't see anything mega useful. Anyway, I was curious about something. Were there any commands in which the help text did not have a . in it? So, I tried that instead and put helptext(" "). This brought up more commands than helptext(".") because like I thought, some of the commands did not haven a . in their helptext. I was browsing though these extra commands when I found "unitTransform(proto1,proto2):replaces all of one with the other, via mutation" which as you can see does not contain a full stop which is likely to be why I was the first to find it and all because of my crazy curiosity. After several attempts - I did actually give up and came back to it later, I managed to eventually get it to work. I then made the command into a trigger and the transform trigger was born. (It is extremely lucky that it works as a trigger - very few commands do!)

Facts about the trigger

A few facts which you should find useful when you want to use this trigger.

• Works by mutation - so it keeps everything that you have selected on the unit.
  • It can change ANY unit unlike the change units in area
  • Affects ALL players.
  • Keeps the size of the previous unit
  • Keeps the lifespan of the previous unit - when you want to - prevent the transformed unit from dying from it's lifespan, modify the unit it USED to be or it won't work!
  • Keeps most coding that it attached to the unit - e.g. fade ins, coding to destroy the unit after time, etc.
  • Some units if changed to will crash the game - e.g. cows, relics except under special circumstances, some of which I will mention later.
  • Can often keep it's position on the Y axis - e.g. making floating units!
  • Keeps the LOS of the old unit.
  • WORKS ONLINE!

How to get this trigger or use it without getting it

There are several ways which you can obtain or use the trigger:

(1)Download my trigger here: Here on it's own (second download) or Here with my editor super pack.

(2)Make up the trigger using xs user code if you have it:

unitTransform("proto1","proto2");

Simply type it into the trigger text box and replace the proto1 and 2 with what you want to transform from and 2. This is case sensitive!

(3)If all else fails - e.g. you can't download and you don't have xs user code then there is a third way. Insert 3 trigger effects that you can type in in some way (e.g. send chat) and put the following into each of them:

"); /*
    */unitTransform("proto1","proto2");/*
    */ //

Like, xs user code, replace proto1 and proto2 with units of your choice. If you wish to have more that 1 transform, you only have to use the second line again which goes between the first and last command line. I.e. The first and last part is what allows you to insert the code, the lines in between are the actual lines of code.

If you are random map scripting, you can add this trigger by inserting the following void command and trigger commands:

Void

void code(string xs="") {
    rmAddTriggerEffect("SetIdleProcessing");
    rmSetTriggerEffectParam("IdleProc", "true); "+xs+" trSetUnitIdleProcessing(true");
    }

Trigger code

code("unitTransform(\"proto1\",\"proto2\");");

Replace proto1 and 2 with units of your choice - coding is case sensitive!

Using the trigger!

Projectiles
    Any projectile can be changed from one to another using this trigger.

Screenshot!

How to use:
    (1)Change the projectile to the unit you want it to be
    (2)Modify the projectile's lifespan so the unit doesn't die in midair!

Projectile Names
    Here are some names of projectiles and where they come from to help you:
    arrow - from buildings
    arrow flaming - from archers
    catapult shot - from catapults
    petrobolos shot - petrobolos
    lampades bolt - lampades
    spear - regenlief (unsure what else)
    ball of fire - fire giant
    ball of fire prometheus - titan prometheus
    mummy flies - mummy
    balista shot - balista and balista ships
    sling stone - troll and slinger
    priest projectile - priest, setna, etc

God power!
    Lots of exciting effects can be made by editing god powers. Below is a list of some of my favorite god powers that might be useful for you to edit. I have also provided some of the names of the bits of the god power that can be edited. If the object has a (G) it means that the unit is naturally large or will become large. Remember, it might be an idea of editing lifespans of objects to prevent them dying. However, sometimes, unit deaths are liked to the god power coding, not the lifespan and these can't be changed.

Screenshot!

Lightning Storm - Lightning sparks, Lightning scorch (G), etc
    Implode - Implode sphere (G), Implode lightning, Implode pull effect, etc
    Meteor/SPCMeteor - Meteor impact ground, Meteor, SPC meteor
    Frost - Ice block (G), frost drift (Has fade in), Ice Sheet.
    Volcano - Meteorite

And many many more!

Other cool changes
    As well as exploiting god powers and projectiles, there are other cool changes you can do also. Below is a list of some of the changes you can do. I will leave you to experiment and find more yourself!

Generic Corpse - Appears when most units die - does not crash if changed into crashable units and unit cannot be selected.
    Spy Eye - Using the spy god power, this can be changed so that a unit of your choice follows the unit that spy is casted on. This also does not crash the game and the unit cannot be selected.
    Destruction 1x1, 2x2, etc - These appear when a building dies which can be changed into units.
    Healing sfx - A fun one to change - appears above head when unit is getting healed.
    Beams and lightning - you can change the beam of the mirror tower, lightning of the son of Osiris and the lightning of the implode between each other to have a different type of beam. Of can be changed into into units that will get summoned every time the tower/son of Osiris shoots!
    dust - Appears from when a unit jumps, might make an interesting one to use.
    Unbuilt buildings (temple, etc) - these can be changed into units with weird effects. Does not crash with crashable units. The units are invisible often but can be selected and made to do tasks. E.g. Building buildings!
    Hero birth/death sfx - These can be changed into units
    Death sfx - some units produce a sfx when they die that can be changed into units with interesting effects.
    Gaia Flowers - Can be changed into units - the unit cannot move unless you do something that allows them to move - e.g. meteor them. These disappear if the flowers would normally die - i.e. the creep ungrows because the building is destroyed.
    Heka Shockwave - This can be changed so something else shoots out of the heka when it does it's knock ability.
    Attack Revealer - These are created when an enemy unit attacks you. I.e. you can gain units every time you are attacked!

Afterword

This is an amazing find and I am sure that you will have to agree. Feel free to experiment with the trigger and post any finds you get. Please also credit Two_ace_u because it was him who showed me the console in the first place which led onto the find of this trigger. I hope that this article will clear up any mishaps that you have about this trigger and hopefully you have learnt a lot from this trigger. I am looking forward to seeing plenty of maps from you using this trigger! - in fact, this is already happening for I have already played several maps with it on.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 03-29-2007 @ 10:45 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 29 March 2007 05:41 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
    WoW theres my thanks in public, but thanks for taking the liberty to. you forgot units projectiles, my suggestion on what projectile names should be up there, for e.g
    arrow---toxotes,towers,TC etc

A green great dragon.
    posted 29 March 2007 06:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
    Ok - thanks!

posted 29 March 2007 06:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
    Great guide! Also Regenleif's 'Spear' projectile is used by Satyrs

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 29 March 2007 06:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
    I thought they used something else.

posted 29 March 2007 10:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
    About time you made a guide

Quote:

Heka Shockwave - This can be changed so something else shoots out of the heka when it does it's knock ability

Can it be changed into units and will the units stay?

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
    posted 29 March 2007 10:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
    Not that I know of - however, you may know that sometimes, units accidently stay.

Pahaps you could try changing it to promethean?

posted 29 March 2007 10:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
    I was going to use it in my RPG. Iblis is a heka and i want the shockwaves to change into the egingire or however you spell it!

MEPH

posted 30 March 2007 01:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
    speaking of him,I have an idea... when you fight him the second time,he's a Kronos. weakened OFC with low armor(no way to mod Kronos' regen rate)
    posted 30 March 2007 01:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
    U can edit regen rate Just loop the trigger damage unit and find the correct value

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 30 March 2007 04:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
    Good idea but I want him to be a dark mist or something!

Anyway, when I try to change the mirror tower shot into osiris lightning it won't work!

MEPH

posted 30 March 2007 05:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
    It something like petchusos beam which you need to change and change that to either osiris lightning or implode lightning. Also, the trigger need's to be LOOPED!

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » A complete guide to the transform trigger!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames