Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Guide: How to make your own waterbody
posted 26 May 2007 02:00 AM EDT (US)   
How to create your own water!

Ok! This guide will tell you how to create your own water.

Lets say you want to make a dark green-ish coloured water. First of all find the Age Of Mythology data folder and run it through AOMed (read data file). Now you should get a file called waterbodies.xml. Open that up and you might find a code for a water that looks like this:
<river name="GREEK River" iconname="ui\GRiver64" surface="water" bottom="RiverGrassyA" bank="RiverGrassyB" outerbank="RiverGrassyC" color="0 50 170" depth="3.0" slope="">

<protounit>Rock River Sandy</protounit>
<protounit secondary="">Oak Tree</protounit>
<protounit secondary="">Oak Tree</protounit>

<protounit>Rock River Sandy</protounit>

</river>

We just found the basic Greek river.

Now copy it and paste it below the last river tag, if anything goes wrong you can delete it.

Basically keep everything the same except terrain, colour of water and object-placement (although advanced designers can change or experiment with them). To get your dark green colour enter '0 150 0' Change the terrain to whatever you want and choose your object placement.

You can choose colours by doing the more colours fill option on microsoft word or powerpoint to a box. If you're guessing just never go over 255!

This is in R,G,B format. Reducing a number makes the shade of the colour darker.

Your done! Start AOM to see your water, they all work online! Have fun!

They all work online, whether others have your waterbodies file or not

Quick Colours:

255 0 0
0 255 0
0 0 255
255 125 0
255 0 125
125 255 0
0 255 125
125 0 255
0 125 255

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 09-07-2008 @ 11:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 26 May 2007 02:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18  
Can other people see them as well?

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 26 May 2007 02:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18  
    I'm fairly sure everybody else can see them and not have it affect their system as I recently played Assasin Escape which had purple water and have had no problems. I'm not sure if it would permanately affect you if you actually changed it though.
    posted 26 May 2007 03:40 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18  
    As I said, they all work online.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    posted 26 May 2007 04:27 AM EDT (US)     4 / 18  
    Yes - they do work online although sometimes I have had times where watertypes havn't displayed porperly because the coding - see main post - was not done very well. But nomally it works fine online even if you have a different terrain type on surface.

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
    posted 26 May 2007 07:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 18  
    Ok good but there is already mod posted in the download section that had many colors ranging from clear to dark. But in case of a customed color then this is useful

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake, but embrace it as your own...
    posted 26 May 2007 09:19 AM EDT (US)     6 / 18  
    I will add this one to the List of Guides

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
    No matter what you say
    posted 26 May 2007 10:23 AM EDT (US)     7 / 18  
    Thanks Paper!

posted 03 June 2007 01:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 18  
    QUESTION!!!-

Does this modify the color of the water for every other scenario they make?

And also... Does it have any cons I might need to know??

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
    ._..........)..\__________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
    .............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
    ............(@
    (¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
    posted 03 June 2007 01:26 AM EDT (US)     9 / 18  
    It's kind of like adding a new unit except it's water. It shouldn't change your previous water on a scenario you made although it may replace the old waterbody types and reyks but im not sure.

Beta(eyecandy)Team Leader of Omega Studios
    Try some of my maps reviews appreciated.
    posted 03 June 2007 02:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 18  
    As I said, you can paste it at the bottom and change the name eg. 'Pwnage River'

I might make a pack with different colours....

posted 07 June 2007 07:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18  
    This does work online, but the other online players will not be able to see the change unless they also have the edited waterbodies file.

Check out all of the mods I made here
    posted 08 June 2007 10:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 18  
    Actually, your wrong. If they dont have the edited file they can still see the water!

posted 08 June 2007 04:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18  
    I should check that out, then. I have edited the waterbodies before, and I thought that they acted as textures do-they dont mess up multiplayer but they dont show up-but if they do show up that is really cool.

Check out all of the mods I made here
    posted 09 June 2007 01:53 AM EDT (US)     14 / 18  
    Im positive that woks because when I was n00by *shivers* i amde a dark green waterbody and used online. People saw that.

posted 05 July 2007 03:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 18  
    This caused immense problems for my AoM.

1) Instead of giving me a green dialogue box for opening files in AoM, I was given a green one, and instead of black text for the words "OK" and "Cancel", I had yellow text. I know it isn't really a bug, but bear with me ok?

2) My editor has no 'Copy' button for triggering. No copy button anywhere - not to copy triggers, effects, or conditions. This has been devastating for me as a mapmaker.

3) My LAN connection is dead. If I click Multiplayer, then click LAN, the screen flashes, then returns me to my original screen.

4) Some waterbodies in the Paint Water option of my editor don't have icons, and some don't work.

5) The water on the opening screen of Titans is utterly seethrough. No colour at all.

6) I just found out my ESO won't work either. It gives me a 'Connecting to ESO...' message for about 10 seconds, then takes me back to the multiplayer screen, same as my LAN.

Yeebaagooon, do you have any idea why any of these problems might happen?

Leethaxor? I am he.
    Thou shalt hoist oneself upon thy ship of good sportsman, For thy days of "GG" and "NICE Shot" hath past, "GG" shalt be "BS" thy "Nice Shot" shalt be "AIMBOT!!1!1".

- Teh Book of Noob Chapter 8:12
    posted 05 July 2007 05:08 AM EDT (US)     16 / 18  
    Shouldn't this be in the modding section?
    posted 05 July 2007 08:07 AM EDT (US)     17 / 18  
    It isn't really modding, it's the same actually as changing lighting, but water bodies just can't be edited through the editor, at the moment

I think this kinda helped me out with something btw. thnx Yeebaagoon

Honourary Mention in the 2006 Pretty Town Contest
    A Unique Age of Mythology Experience:
    A Trip to Talos
    It's f*cking awesome
    posted 05 July 2007 08:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 18  
    Np

I actually found this myself before I made my first working multiplayer map!

Ive used it in Jungle Wars and The Great Race

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Guide: How to make your own waterbody
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames