Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Shhhh its a secret...
posted 17 June 2007 04:15 PM EDT (US)   
Since the beginning of time man has yearned to stop idiots editing there maps! and today I will do the closest thing! render it almost impossible for editors to find your anti edit triggers

So erm... shhh.

Step one - Find an adequate hiding space

This must be a big line of triggers, all almost identical. this is to trick the "evil editor" into ignoring this. however if the editor tries harder and looks through these triggers, he should cut corners...

Step 2 - place your anti edit triggers

Any anti edit set up you like but make sure the trigger uses the same number of conditions and effects as the triggers around it...

Step 3 - Camouflage!

If you look at the guide below I have highlighted a box. with this box you can change the name of triggers change your anti edit triggers names to the same as the ones surrounding it... and presto chango! almost invisible to detection!

a normal trigger nothing to see here...

just another trigger. how boring...

closer inspection! its secret is revealed!

So I hope you all enjoy!

But keep it a secret!

Paperfriends words of wisdom: set up the trigger while your making the line of triggers so it does not appear out of place in a fire event trigger.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by newreach268 (edited 06-17-2007 @ 04:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 June 2007 04:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
One more important tip: Make your anti edit halfway during your scen, else he will just create a fire event, and see what your latest triggers are that way.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 17 June 2007 04:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
indeed

Out Reach
posted 17 June 2007 04:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
Could someone give me help for a anti-editing trigger? Now i know how to disguise it, whats ways to make it so if they edit it it screw's it up.

Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama
Fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama, duck
Llama llama, cheesecake, llama, tablet, brick, potato
posted 17 June 2007 08:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Put a unit like a mercenary or petsudos beam when the game is done, save it before it dies. Then use the trigger you made to say if the unit that you placed dies then the game will stop and a message comes up saying: some stupid n00b edited this, sucks for you...What you can do is pause the game before you place the unit so it doesnt die then you have a perfect anti editing trigger =D

Ăžųŗ§ƒ¡ŗë
--------------------
Scenario Scriptor for Reverie World Studios
-Forums-
posted 18 June 2007 10:55 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
Lol, thats a very good idea!

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 18 June 2007 11:00 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
I thoguht of that ages ago but I didnt post because How does it know if the triggers have been edited!!!!?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 18 June 2007 11:16 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
No This isn't an anti edit trigger, its a way of hidding the anti edit trigger.

example of an anti edit trigger:

trigger 1:
condition
Is dead: a mercenry you place on the map at the last second. once placed pause the editor and shrink it to invisibility.
effect:
Cinematic mode: on
Play dialouge: You editing n00b!
disable trigger: your normal cinematic start

trigger 2:

condition
timer 3 seconds.
effect
disable triger 1.

then save the game.

what happens if if someone comes to edit the scenario the game in unpaused and the mercenry dies. thus trigger 1 fires at the start of the scenario, trapping the player in cinematic mode. rendering the edited version unplayable.

What would normally happen then is the would be editor will try and find this trigger and destroy it, but this method makes it far harder to detect

Out Reach
posted 18 June 2007 11:39 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
Could someone give me help for a anti-editing trigger?
An annoying edit from my RPG maps is when a noob gives player 1 10000000 gold. An easy anti-edit trigger:

Trigger 1
Active

Condition:
Player Recourse count: p1 >9999 gold

Effect:
Set player defeated: p1
Overlay text: Player 1 is disqualified for editing the map without Reinfire's permission

hehehe

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
posted 18 June 2007 02:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
rein you need to actually make doom lords 3 since every one online took it on them selves to edit #2, and call it #3

Chimp with a gun
AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
posted 18 June 2007 03:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
actually someone else made a fake doomlords 2 so every changed reinfires to doomlords 3 so it made more sense to them... a harsh world that stopped reinfire dessigning

Out Reach
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Shhhh its a secret...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames