You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Enter a crazy parallel universe - everything is reversed, insideout and upsidedown!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 26 October 2007 01:36 PM EDT (US)   
Copy and paste the following into a send chat trigger:

");/**/trCameraCut(vector(0,70,0), vector(0.5,-0.7,0.5), vector(0.5,0.7,0.5), vector(-0.7,0.0,0.7));/**///

This is a camera cut I took and modified. It makes the entire map become a parallel universe. To make your own, take a camera cut and change the numbers by adding a minus sign to the first number in there and deleting the minus sign infront of the third number.

Anyway, here are 2 screenshots of the world in parallel unitverse. The first one is what you get if you put the code in given above and the second is where I pitched the camera in a certain way:

Image 1

Image 2

Enjoy making your own distortions! Remember you can also use that code for maps on multiplyer. If you wish to make a camera cut yourself with that view, run the scenario in the editor (you need my superpack) and then use the camera cut trigger to make your camera cut where you want it

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-26-2007 @ 01:39 PM).]

Replies:
posted 26 October 2007 02:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 35  
Ah yes I did this with alt+shift+c. Good find anyway.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 26 October 2007 02:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 35  
At first I thought you just made all the objects upside down and under the lowest part of the map but you really made the camara go weird. I'll have to try it. Does it work online?

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 26 October 2007 03:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 35  
Nice trick

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 26 October 2007 03:07 PM EDT (US)     4 / 35  
It is a camera cut so it should work online.
If you are referring to screenshot 2 - look at the distortions at the top of the map and you will understand that you are incorrect.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-26-2007 @ 03:11 PM).]

posted 26 October 2007 03:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 35  
Ekanta already implemented negative camera pitches in his modpack ages ago. The second screen shot looks like taken with a pitch of soemwhere between 90° and 135°. I don't really understand the similar trigger command though. 3 coordinates define a... hmm... I don't have a clue how I could say that in English.

But somehow your objects appear on the other side of the map, how did you do that? Or is that just an optical illusion?

These are my versions:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4840/screen144bg0.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8365/screen143wb1.jpg

Those custom pitches (certainly the negatives) result in OoS online.

[This message has been edited by Mythic_Freak (edited 10-26-2007 @ 03:15 PM).]

posted 26 October 2007 03:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 35  
Where were you last weekend with this!?!??! I could have used this for my Continuous Screenshot entry this time around.....
But, in the editor you are blocked from being able to point the camera past straight down at 90 degrees from the surface. I bet with being able to specify the x,y,z vector as parameters, you can break that barrier.

So what do you think the 4 vector parameters (x,y,z) are for? And why don't you put this into a trigger where, once you find out what the 4 sets of triggers do, we could make a camera set trigger and give the 4 vectors... (perhaps it would have to be in parts like your lighting settings).

Once again, great job with your discovery, Programmer Nottud. This will open up even more possiblities...

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 26 October 2007 03:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 35  
Very cool.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 26 October 2007 04:50 PM EDT (US)     8 / 35  

I never asked for this.
posted 26 October 2007 04:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 35  
I think everyone is getting confused on how I created my second screenshot.

I first inserted in that code. Then I ran the scenario IN THE EDITOR. Next I unlocked the camera and put the pitch negetive using the a and z keys. Instead of seeing black under the map you see the normal land though the perspective is all wierd.

For people more adventuas, you will notice that changing then value of the left and right numbers in the last vector say from: vector(0.7,0.0,-0.7)); to vector(0.4,0.0,-0.4)); will notice something interesting happens to the way the world gets displayed. It should "squashes it up". Doing the opposite "stretches the world out".
Reyk's do due to the zoom tool but mine should not.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-26-2007 @ 05:17 PM).]

posted 26 October 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 35  
I meant alt+shift+c for the first one, great for the 2nd!

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 26 October 2007 05:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 35  
Vey nice, looking through things!

<3
posted 26 October 2007 05:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 35  
Very awesome. Good find!

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
posted 26 October 2007 08:19 PM EDT (US)     13 / 35  
Mythic Freak, what kind of update for AOM are you using? It looks sorta... cool.

Hmm... I guess with this we can make... ceilings... and... antigravity chambers? :P

Tell the Lakonians, stranger passing by, that obedient to the Lakonian law, here we die.
posted 27 October 2007 12:24 PM EDT (US)     14 / 35  
Is the map on that second screenshot conjugated, or does it just look that way?

If it is, then good find

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 27 October 2007 05:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 35  
Yes - the second screenshot is distorted.

posted 28 October 2007 05:35 AM EDT (US)     16 / 35  
I tried it out and it was weird. The objects were being viewed like everything is inverted.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 28 October 2007 06:04 AM EDT (US)     17 / 35  
Mythic Freak, what kind of update for AOM are you using? It looks sorta... cool.
I made it myself, but I never put it as a download. Mainly because it's just a mix bewteen nottud's superpack and Ekanta's new UI. I just took the best of both.
posted 28 October 2007 07:41 AM EDT (US)     18 / 35  
Won't the zoom tool cause a sync online - every sort of zoom tool I have tried adding syncs game. I have tried turning off the camera limit and changing the zoom limits.

posted 28 October 2007 08:27 AM EDT (US)     19 / 35  
Won't the zoom tool cause a sync online - every sort of zoom tool I have tried adding syncs game. I have tried turning off the camera limit and changing the zoom limits.
Isn't that sort of contradictory?
posted 28 October 2007 11:55 AM EDT (US)     20 / 35  
Quoted from Nottud:

Quoted from Mythic_Freak:

On Reyk's camera pitches, he also changed the zoom as well as the pitchdropdown. Changing the zoom causes a sync online. On my version the zoom does not change. Changeing the camera pitch does NOT out of sync online.
This one refers to me again showing that the zoom feature causes a sync.

Now back to my original question - if you used the zoom tool you have in a multiplayer game, won't it OOS?

posted 28 October 2007 02:50 PM EDT (US)     21 / 35  
I'm not sure what you mean with reyk's tools. As far as I know he only released lots of tools for the editor, but not an in game modpack? Anyway, my zoom and pitch work seperately, but they are just in 1 window because I didn't have enough free buttons(top right) in the ESanta interface .

I don't know for sure about the zoom tool, I'll check as soon as I get the chance. But if one uses the negative pitch it certainly causes an OoS. The positive ones probably won't, because thats the same code you use, but with some more options.

I just checked the commands you used. You always reset the limitPitch back to default after every execution, I also added that to the negative pitches now. I'm not sure if that was the cause of the OoS. Also because the command needs to set the minimum Zoom to -5000 to function properly. Feel free to test these codes if you wish.
<dropdown command="configSetInt("limitPitch",-45) cameraNice configSetInt("minZoom",-5000) cameraRotate() cameraRotate() configSetInt("limitPitch",45)">-45</dropdown>
And this is the 1 for zooming:
<dropdown command="configSetInt("minZoom",0) cameraRotate() cameraRotate()">+</dropdown>
<dropdown command="configSetInt("minZoom",150) cameraRotate() cameraRotate()">150</dropdown>
posted 28 October 2007 03:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 35  
I tried the zoom commands you used there a while back and although it does not sync immediately, it does the moment you zoom out more than normal.

The only way I have found to zoom out is to tilt the camera then scroll to edge of map and then tilt the camera back.
I'm not sure what you mean with reyk's tools. As far as I know he only released lots of tools for the editor, but not an in game modpack? Anyway, my zoom and pitch work seperately, but they are just in 1 window because I didn't have enough free buttons(top right) in the ESanta interface .
Do a mini menu like I did in my latest version of the superpack. Here is and example if you are not sure (It for my main interface):
<gadget name="EditorMenu" type="menu" size1024="995 40 1015 60" bevel="" textfont="Arial nobold nodrop" textfontsize="12" background="ui\ui_med_gray" tilebackground="" buttonsize1024="20 20">
<submenu title="E" accelerator="">
<submenu title="Camera control" accelerator="">gadgetReal("Camera")</submenu>
<submenu title="Lighting control" accelerator="">gadgetReal("Lightings")</submenu>
<submenu title="Music control" accelerator="">gadgetReal("Music")</submenu>
<submenu title="Misc control" accelerator="">gadgetReal("Misc")</submenu>
<submenu title="Playtest tools" accelerator="">gadgetRealIfNotMP("playtest")</submenu>
</submenu>
</gadget>
Strangely enough the playtest tools still toggle during a multiplayer game even though it is not suppoed to. I have no idea why.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 10-28-2007 @ 04:02 PM).]

posted 28 October 2007 04:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 35  
*head spins off neck*
this thread makes me dizzy...
posted 28 October 2007 04:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 35  
Do a mini menu like I did in my latest version of the superpack. Here is and example if you are not sure (It for my main interface)
Thanks, I've already seen that code, but I just think that the layout of it is sort of... unnatural for aom. It doesn't give the right feeling in the middle of a game (its ok in the editor).

Well... thats just what I think. What your tools actually do is awesome though!

Anyway, it didn't really matter if it was in 1 box. I had to disable it for multiplayer anyway because of the negative pitches. But now the pitch thing only should work, so I'll think about it.
posted 28 October 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 35  
I just tried a negetive pitch and it works fine online.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Enter a crazy parallel universe - everything is reversed, insideout and upsidedown!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames