You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Project Showcase: Eyecandy Map
posted 10 December 2007 01:16 AM EDT (US)   
A BFD map by Nanodude
BlastForce Designs

It's been a pretty long time since I've made a map and I haven't released one here before so I'm going to make an eyecandy map.

This map will have many things on it but not all of it will be eyecandy and my style may be different to what you are used to.

I also need your help, if you want to be in this map just tell and something to do with your username. Example: PaPaya the Papyrus by the river or something like that. Or I could just have a villager called Paperfriend.

Here is some screenshots and it's in early development:
Lumber Camp UPDATED
Docks UPDATED
Overgrown Sacred Place UPDATED
Norse Fortress (Icy Place) UPDATED
Norse Fortress screenshot is the first building stacking I've ever done. Screenshots may be updated daily.

More screenshots added soon and SUGGESTIONS are welcome!

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 12-15-2007 @ 08:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10 December 2007 03:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
The "Icy Place" screenshot is impressive but i hate to say it and sound like the stereotypical critic but terrain mixing is needed on the others, also try adding some finer detail like rocks, sprite, grass, bushes, etc.

ROME: 78 BC | | | | | THE LOST RUINS
Rome in your hands | Of Ancient Mesoamerica

AOMh Member since 2004
posted 10 December 2007 03:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
As I said it's in early development so I'm not really doing the terrain yet, I will do the buildings first then the terrian.

<3
posted 10 December 2007 03:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
The Sacred Place is my favorite scene out of those that you posted. I think there's one too many snow drifts in the Icy Place though. The lumber camp could use work.
posted 10 December 2007 02:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
I like the lumber camp the most, and I'm confident we'll see a good terrainmix there. Don't worry to use some pine stumps or so during the terrain-decorating part. It'll add some nice effect of the camp working at the time.

Please note that while you are reading this text you should have thought about the fact that the end of the world is going on outside.

Homepage

posted 11 December 2007 01:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
I reckon I will do the terrian last and I will be having some spiral eyecandy and some other things.

<3
posted 11 December 2007 01:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
Definately good for a first-timer, but there is plenty to improve on. Good luck

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
posted 15 December 2007 08:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
Ok I have some updated screenshots here and with Docks, I haven't started terrain yet.

Docks
Overgrown Sacred Place
Norse Fortress (Icy Place)

STILL NEED NAMES!

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 12-15-2007 @ 08:11 PM).]

posted 16 December 2007 00:14 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
Ground is too barren. Add lots of grass, bush, rock granite small, rock limestone sprites.

Some good stuff ther tho.

I never asked for this.
posted 18 December 2007 00:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
I will add that stuff later but for now I need a new mouse.

<3
posted 18 December 2007 00:37 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
Need to give it more general of a theme and more generic "shape"

For example.... use only norse buildings for the icy place one.

..........(@_ "Keyboard unnatached, press F10 to continue or F8 to troubleshoot."
._..........)..\__________________________________
(_)@8@8{}<______________Mator______________>
.............)_/ "You are tempting fate."
............(@
(¯`._.[Creator of Miniscule!]._.´¯)
posted 18 December 2007 00:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
I guess your right there with the Icy Place but i'm still experimenting with that area while the docks is more greek and atlantean. I kinda have two types of civs for each area.

<3
posted 01 January 2008 10:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
New Screenshots:

Greek Village Little Details haven't been added

Fortress I like to mix different buildings together

Dig Site Needs some more things maybe

Docks Little Details haven't been added

Lighthouse Just made

The Butchers Just made

There is other things that I'm not going to show and I do the terrain last most of the time.

<3
posted 02 January 2008 05:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
You have some good stuff there. Some shots need details, but you say you're going to improve them, so I won't complain

However, the Norse Fortress seems a little... chaotic. Maybe you could try to remove a few of the buildings, and make them fit more together? But else, there's a lot of good and creative overlapping there.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 02 January 2008 06:02 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Not only do a lot o the shots need more detail, they all need PEOPLE. There is a serious alck of hustyle and bustle in them, and the people make a lot of difference.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 03 January 2008 05:00 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
Maybe you could try to remove a few of the buildings, and make them fit more together?
I get what you mean and I reckon I will remove some of them. I actually have been thinking of putting stacked buildings through it to make it look like a massive stronghold, but I might not.
they all need PEOPLE
That'll be done at the end with the triggers and you may find some people you know of in there, just have to get permission first.

Feel free to ask if you want to be in it, I'm more than happy to put anyone in.

<3

[This message has been edited by Nanodude (edited 01-03-2008 @ 05:02 AM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Project Showcase: Eyecandy Map
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames