Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Announcement: Revolution
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 16 December 2007 01:08 PM EDT (US)   
A map I've actually, ever, ever, made some decent progress on is here!

Map design: 99% - some more or less of certain resoruces may need to be added due to balancing.
Triggers: 5% Done most of the aesthetic work and some of the renaming. There's tonnes more to do, but Ace has graciously agreed to help with the bits I don't understand (yes, you have. In your zz thread - I'll email you the map and what I want done when I've finished map design)

Concept: Had the idea knocking around a long time, this is probably my third or foruth attempt to mappify it.

The map is divided in two halves: a settled half, and a half overtaken by the wild woods. The woods themselves are filled with druids worshipping strange forces: some benign, some vicous.

That part of the map that is settled is divided still further. The emperor of the land lives in a huge, luxurious palace, while the peasents live in slums, watched over by brutal, half man half bull overseers.

Not trusting the peasants to guard him, the dictator has created an unholy contraption to guard him: moving, empty, sutis of armour. Despite their devotion to him, these guards are famously famible: and, indeed bribable.

And this is where you, a disillusioned ex peasant come in. You've left the slums, and set up a rebel camp in the forest, with a few choice archers and gatherers. However, it's nigh on impossible to defeat the metal men with sheer force, as they cut down archers with relative ease.

The answer? Bribes. This whole map revolves around bribes. Yous tart with two or three greek vilalgers, who can only build drop points for resources. With them, you get the gold to bribe guards. A bribed guard becomes indifferent to your activities and will neither attack you or aid you.

But with so few villagers, you naturally want more. And to get more villagers? Drop offs of food with the resistance will ensure that villagers join your cause.

But then again, what about those overseers? Might want to bribe them off as well... and what about getting into the town? Might be wise to bribe the men at the gates...

Your Units

The Assasin (Kemsyt) - a more or less weak unit, you get one of. He does, however, have one use: he has a massive attack bonus against the dictator. Can be revived after death.

Archer(arcus) - An archer. Useless individually, the strength here has to lie in numbers. Half chance that the food dropped off witht the resistance will spawn an archer in the town.

villager/builder (norse gatherer/greek villager) - The other half chance is that one of the vilalgers already working in the village will be turned to your team. Builders can make new places for your resources to be dropped off. The problem here is, much of the village is watched over by overseers, and if they see a villager don the distinctive green sash of the outlaws, they may not take to it too kindly.

Beserker (Einheriar) - You start off with one of these, and get one every five minutes. The most effective combat unit you control, but best employed in groups due to their speical attack boosting that of nearby units. Still lose to a Giant Automaton.

Enemy Units

The Dictator
(Oracle Hero) Exceptionally low attack. Vulnerable. Relies on his automaton guards.

Automaton (Automaton SPC) - Empty metal sutis of armour guarding the dictator.

Giant Automaton (silver colossus) - Like above, but bigger. And stronger.

To be added: Forest Gods details, screenshots, map when it's finished

Release date: when it's finished.

Shots: - bear in mind this is a work in progress.

The dictator's colloseum, where he watches gladiators kill for sport.

The city where a few live in luxury...

And the farms and slums, where many do not.

The zoo for dangerous sea creatures (unfinished, particualrly background)

A fortress along the wall dividing civilised land from the forest (unfished, again aprticularly background)

The wall has been breached for some time here: without the dictator's say so for it to be fixed, it is inadequadely guarded by a few villagers. A member of the resistance is outside as a contact.

A peaceful area of the forest. Depending on feedback, look may change.

Both the good and the bad forest spirits are manifest here. The good, in blue, will heal you, where as the bad spirits will attack you.

These standing stones are where the bad forest spirits get their power.

In an effort to keep the forest away from the citadel of the ruler, the ground has been scorched.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 01-08-2008 @ 04:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 16 December 2007 01:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 32  
Sounds really cool .

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
posted 16 December 2007 02:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 32  
Sounds like an interesting concept. I'm interested to see how the bribing system works.

Screenshots?

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but you’re not in the slightest
its happening now and it’s always been like this.
posted 16 December 2007 02:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 32  
I'll help out where I can

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
posted 16 December 2007 02:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 32  
Sounds great!

Cerberus- The three headed guard dog who guards the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon.
posted 16 December 2007 04:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 32  
Screenshots will come later this week. It's a case of finding time, as most of the map is done. But, the christmas holidays closing in bring many teachers seeking coursework...

yeah, ace, you basically have to get some of the bribing to work I know how the caravans work, and how to pay the gold: but I need the triggers to change the ownership of random guards.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 16 December 2007 04:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 32  
hmm, thats an interesting one, I'll do some research

P.S. Coursework? Tell me about it. I've got three piece that need done and dusting by thursday- not to mention my work experiance placement.

This is my signature. I wasn't feeling enthusiastic enough to write something witty. Sorry everyone, sorry.
posted 17 December 2007 08:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 32  
Hehe, the concept of the map is one of the best I've ever seen. I really hope to see this finished

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 17 December 2007 08:08 AM EDT (US)     8 / 32  
Best of luck and dont give up !

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 18 December 2007 06:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 32  
Shots added. I use the upgrades modpack, so that's why farms have irrigation channels, and the fire giant is grey.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 18 December 2007 11:36 AM EDT (US)     10 / 32  
Nice screenies! I like the forest one in particular .

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

posted 19 December 2007 02:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 32  
Cheers. Other parts of the forest do look slightly more varied, it isn't all gaia forest, but I placed the trees in clumps like thatjust be using the in editor godpower button to cast gaia forest in random places.

I love watching them grow, too.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 19 December 2007 04:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 32  
It looks really good. The dark lighting in the pictures makes the colors look richer. The idea of good and evil spirits in the wild is very interesting. The gaia lush is such a nice ground covering.

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 19 December 2007 04:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 32  
I was originally going to use a day/night cycle but liekd dusk so much I let it stay. Everything looks better in that lighting.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 19 December 2007 04:27 PM EDT (US)     14 / 32  
My offer also stands, but which offer that is, is up to you

||||||||||||||||My Videos||||||||||||||||
Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 19 December 2007 04:29 PM EDT (US)     15 / 32  
Not the one that it's illegal to mention to under 18s, right?

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 19 December 2007 04:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 32  
The AoC is 16, not 18

and that offer

Roxas, his heart was human, yet because of his status as a being his fate was sealed since he was born. How many times must humanity judge others like that as well without giving them a fair chance?

"It would be very irresponsible of me to give you my thoughts as you are clearly incapable of handling the ones you already have" ~some guy in OD
posted 19 December 2007 04:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 32  
in terms of the TRIGGERING offer (roxas, seriosuly, down boy. Don't make me use the pepper spray again!), I think Ace is helping me with that.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 19 December 2007 04:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 32  
ok . But....the other offer you accepted will be worked upon

posted 22 December 2007 03:15 AM EDT (US)     19 / 32  
If I can find a way of taking a full map screenshot which isn't objectionably huge, I'll post that.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 26 December 2007 03:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 32  
Go to the screenshot tab under menu if you have reyks editor and select, Scenario Large.

The terrain looks good and I like the creative uses of automatons and spc automatons. Good luck.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 26 December 2007 05:12 AM EDT (US)     21 / 32  
sounds brilliant...im good at trigger work (well ish) but im not as good at idea and eyecandy im ok at but yh ill be happy to help
posted 02 January 2008 03:50 AM EDT (US)     22 / 32  
Any more screenies or progress?

posted 02 January 2008 05:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 32  
All of the areas shown in screenies as incomplete have been substanitally updated, but there's a tiny bit of map design I need to finish. I'll post some more screenies and a full map shot asap.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08 January 2008 03:54 PM EDT (US)     24 / 32  
The full map shot:

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 08 January 2008 04:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 32  
Wow! Those lakes in the forest half look great! I like .

Exilian Patrician
| SotK |

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Announcement: Revolution
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames