You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: showcase:a small and unimportant tale of a forgotten hero
posted 08 February 2008 06:01 PM EDT (US)   
showcase:a small and unimportant tale of a forgotten hero
By: Eyecandy Of Doom

Once upon a time, a bard told a story. A story not really important. You may even consider it as totaly unimportant. But that it not the point.

The very nice point was the fact, that that tale was about a Forgotten hero. known as Erasmus Fautumious. and it told his forgotten tale. Of how he battled. And of how he ate and drank. And of how he and his companions pillaged entire towns to the voices of the screamning wounded, and of the burning structures and the screaches of the raped women. And how in the end, he died a death worthy for the gods themselves.

Features:
  • Stunning eyecandy
  • two live cities
  • over 200 triggers
  • too much blood
  • strategic lights including a 14 lightning cycle so the transitions are as smooth as possible
  • three diffrent puzzles to solve, with differing difficulties and bonuses.

screenshots:
    A Pool
    A small Eyecandy Cliff
    The Observatory
    Ambush to the east
    Ageinst All Odds

Progress
    Map Design: 55%
    Eyecandy:25%
    triggers:15%
    Cinematics:0%
    Lights, Effects, SFX's: 20%
    Music:50%

[This message has been edited by eyecandy of doom (edited 02-12-2008 @ 06:41 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 09 February 2008 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
    I came in here expecting to find a giant block of text with no capital letters whatsoever.

But I was really stunned by the effort you have put into this showcase . Very nicely laid out and easy to read.

The only thing I would suggest is to have a symbol to separate the hyperlinks, maybe a |?

As for the eyecandy, it looks of a very high standard. The story sounds epic, and original. Best of luck with the project .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 09 February 2008 02:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
    I like the eyecandy, but often the absolute foreground of the shots seems completely empty.

that's me being really picky.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
    posted 09 February 2008 03:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
    Thanks guys.
    Also, bingo. it is work in progress. i will mix the terrions in due time (If I don't decide to cover the entire map with eyecandy)
    posted 09 February 2008 05:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
    Well, covering the whole map with eyecandy instead of mixing terrains here and there would create a lot of lag. I wouldn't advise you to do that.

Still, this scenario looks very nice, and the story is entertaining. I wish you the best of luck with it

Sweet baby maizes!
    posted 09 February 2008 05:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
    This looks really good. I especially like the third screenshot .

Exilian Patrician
    | SotK |

Valour is the contempt of death and pain. - Tacitus
    posted 09 February 2008 07:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
    thanks sotk.

@ILB
    just noticed. lol. I will really nee dto abort the plan nd to decrease my giant plants by half at least.

So annoying, it could have looked nice.
    posted 09 February 2008 12:56 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
    That first screenshot needs work. You can see the trojen walls kinda are off centered. The pool looks very boring, perhaps make another terrain type at the bottom?
    posted 09 February 2008 12:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
    I agree. The pool seems a little messed (what's up with the water).

All the other screenshots are excellent, especially the last one.

Hey I know you!

Without A Doubt, The Most Known Person In The World (Metaphorically Speaking)

Latest Scenario: I Am Bear - The Cinematic (4.4)
    A Sequel to the Titans Campaign: Rise of the World Power
    posted 09 February 2008 02:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
    You might not wanna include that raping part in the scenario. Otherwise, this looks pretty cool.

HH - AoMH

Total Forge projects completed: 82 (includes screenshots, game variants, and map variants)
    Current Forge project: A secret!
    posted 10 February 2008 08:07 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
    @Chaosrobie+TGYK
    It is work in progress. You can't expect it to be already perfect. but thanks for the notification :}

@shraze.
    Maybe.
    Maybe not.
    Confused?
    Were also!
    posted 11 February 2008 10:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
    @everybody
    I hope it is not to much to play a small game:
    Just say the first AOM objects that comes to your head when I mention "Frost"
    posted 11 February 2008 10:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
    The 'Against all odds' shot is very nice!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
    posted 11 February 2008 11:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
    @Baske

Thanks!

EoD

[This message has been edited by eyecandy of doom (edited 02-16-2008 @ 10:52 AM).]

posted 16 February 2008 10:56 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
    updated the progress
    I also cleaned up some bugs which allowed you to escape about half of the ambushes.
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » showcase:a small and unimportant tale of a forgotten hero
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames