You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Werewolf RPG
posted 19 February 2008 11:20 AM EDT (US)   
Will try to keep thread updated

Hello, most likely, you don't know me, but i am currently making a special RPG

This is basicly like all other RPG's, quests & fiends BUT with a twist, YOU'RE A WEREWOLF! each nigth, you turn into a wolf, and in the morning, you return to your normal form, but when you're a werewolf, every one is your enemy (can't be good...) except a secret clan... THE WEREWOLF CLAN! this is a clan of other people that are werewolfs to! this clan will help you on your quest to return to your original form

The meaning of this PRG, is to banish your curse by killing the original Werewolf.

This map contains lots of fiends (but not too many), maybe some powerfull bosses, hopefully some puzzle (YAAHOO), maybe a infinitive leveling system (if i can find out what i'm doing wrong) and maybe some secrets

Ideas: (feel free to come with ideas of your own)

nothing yet...

Screenshots:

Starting Scene: http://www.filecram.com/viewfile/3761746.htm

[This message has been edited by Jomiie (edited 02-19-2008 @ 12:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 19 February 2008 05:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
Looks good so far...
posted 19 February 2008 05:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Very unique indeed, perhaps a little more input on the various things that will make your map unique (eye-candy, scenario style, etc.)When would you turn into werewolf would be an interesting trigger setup.

"Game over man, game over!"-Aliens
"I'll kill you with my teacup."-Riddik
I'll be what I wanna do."- Futurama
"I may be an idiot but there is one thing I am not sir, and that sir is an idiot."-Family Guy
"This is what we like to call, Mr.Thingy"-The Far Side
posted 19 February 2008 06:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Jomiie, a little tip: to take good screenshots, got to file (while in the editor), screenshot, and check off interface (under 'hide'). Then check off 'tooltip' (so the X isn't there). Then click shoot. You need nottud's editor to do this. If you don't already have it, it can be downloaded here.

HH - AoMH

Total Forge projects completed: 82 (includes screenshots, game variants, and map variants)
Current Forge project: A secret!
posted 19 February 2008 09:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Also, set it to "hide unit outlines".

That way none of those green outlines appear in the background.

Hey I know you!

Without A Doubt, The Most Known Person In The World (Metaphorically Speaking)

Latest Scenario: I Am Bear - The Cinematic (4.4)
A Sequel to the Titans Campaign: Rise of the World Power
posted 20 February 2008 06:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
The seer: will most likely NOT contain lots of eye candy, have no skill in that to say it out loud, if i remember corect its a 350 x 350 map

Shraze: ok then, shall download that nottud crap (no offence)

That_Guy_U_Know: who cares about the outlines (i do but Come on!)
posted 20 February 2008 10:43 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
The features and story does sound very interesting. However, your screenshot is a little too empty. I assume that you'll do more with that later on.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 20 February 2008 01:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
I Love Bananas: yeah, that artic scene is empty, but it's the artic, what would you expect... (wolf's are teleported there when the starting cinematic is over) and i am planning to use the artic scene alot of times during the game
posted 20 February 2008 05:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
I especially love the Day/night cycle, to make it more exciting, how bout if you kill a soldier as a werewolf, the character that you killed turns into a werewolf and helps you! When you are human, the character that you killed still is a werewolf. Hope to see a great game!

I will now accept your "oh my god that was a great idea!" or "oh my god you are amazing!" comments
Click Here to visit my official website!
posted 21 February 2008 00:02 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
Nice concept, nice ideas, but a little lacking.

Eyecandy: For a beginner, try using things from the "Nature" and "Embelishmet" sub-sections. It can look moderate if you know how to do it. When you master that, try to get yourself to knowing the lights, god powers, and Animations.
Also, when you promote something, feel free to make things look far better then they actually are. A nice trick you can try for a beginner is to make a totaly new map, Make elevations, combine terrions and place the things.
posted 21 February 2008 08:08 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
eyecandy of doom: nice tips there, and i have already decide to atleast try to make some good enviorment

king alberich: well, that idea will most likely not come up, not that it sucks, but there's diffrent things that make no sense to me:

1. what about the day? they are werewolf? so you just walk into the city with 10 wolf's on your back?

2. this is an RPG, not a Massive army game

and that's bassicly it
posted 21 February 2008 04:19 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
well, not exactly the wolf would follow you during the time you are a werewolf, but at day, it goes to the werewolf clan, 10 min per day/night cycle, yes or no

I will now accept your "oh my god that was a great idea!" or "oh my god you are amazing!" comments
posted 21 February 2008 04:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
duration of nigth day is not decided yet, but about the wolf thing, i don't think it will come up, but if you can improvise it i'l see
posted 21 February 2008 06:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
A good idea when taking screenies is to go to view, and check off unit outlines. Then you don't have the weird green bodies showing through the walls...

Would you like some ubersauce with that pwnage?
Creator of the Mages modpacks!
Join the Epic Studios design team! Please feel free to help out with our major project, Star Wars

Medals:
PDS Member Medal :: PDS Mod Member Medal
posted 28 February 2008 07:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
hey, how's the game going? I would love to playtest the game if you need any assistance :P anyways, again best of luck

posted 28 February 2008 07:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
I like this idea really cool. Very doable.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: