You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Continuous Screenshot Competition 3
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 25 April 2008 03:19 AM EDT (US)   
The Continuous Screenshot Competition 3
Twinned with AOKH

Theme: None
Could Vespacianus please post the theme for the new thread?

The new theme is: Voyage and entries can be submitted before the 20th of May (0:00am Forum Time), voting for the two days after that, starting on the 20th. Results will be announced on the 22nd.

What is this?
The Continuous Screenshot Competition is stolen from AoKH, where it has been active and used for a very long time. It is to promote screenshots, and also to just have fun looking at and making the scenery. Each time there will be a theme in which the screenshot should fit, the winner of last theme is allowed to pick the new one. If a winner wins for the second time in a row, the number 2 is allowed to pick the theme. This thread is it's third installment, and you might be wondering why we need a new thread. This is because of thread corruption: The more posts a thread gets, the more likely it is to corrupt, and I think it would be a big waste if we lost all the links to screenshots from the first installment.

The rules
  • No category may be used twice.
  • You may only enter one screenshot per category.
  • The previous winner can compete in the competition he set the theme for, this is a form of trust, so be honest.
  • Please do not suggest themes for the winner.
  • No altering of screenshots, except for adding text and borders.
  • Modding is allowed.
  • Both AoM and AoM: TT screenshots can be used.
  • You are not allowed to make screenshots from maps created before the competition, but you can use the map for something else after taking the screenshot.
  • No flaming, but constructive comments are allowed.
  • Everyone is allowed to vote one time per competition for one screenshot.
  • The winner of the last round may pick the theme for the new one, he can also add an extra restriction.
  • If same person wins in twice in a row (or more times), the runner-up may pick the new theme.
  • You cannot vote for your own screenshot.

Time between the competitions
We have one week for the competition followed by 2 days to vote, after that the winner can post the new theme and we can start again.

Tips
You can host shots at:
You can make in-game screenshots with the following method:
  1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
  2. Paste your shot into a program like Paint.

Winners from earlier rounds
All previous winners have been uploaded to the gallery here.

Current Competition Entries

Lets hope for a fun and fair competition, and good luck to all entries.

Best regards,
Your host,
Yeebaagooon

Many thanks to the creator of the original thread, Paperfriend!

As a sidenote, Elrich has compiled a list of all the themes used in the CSC. Thanks man.

Living on the edge
Wings
Perilous escapades
Apocalypse
Love
Survival of the fittest
Fire
Wind
A sudden ending
War
Abandoned
Spring forward
After death
Pranks
Surprise, surprise
I spy
Global warming?
Aom toons
Domestic life
Ten years in heaven
I'm rich
Nile river
Harry potter and the magical world
Administration and bureaucracy
Giant world
Life on the farm
Bar brawl
Natural distaster
Winter wonderland
Amusement park
Under da seas
Light vs dark
Remembrance
Moonlighten twilight

War of the world
Happiness
North pole
Hunger
Just a fraction too late
Picture perfect
Famous place
Laziness
Hawaii
Luck
Ides of march
Women
A grand palace
Indiana Jones

Beauty of nature
Famous movie theme
That wasn't the plan
Ambush
AoMH
Fairytale
Siege at the gate
Ancient Temple
Frustration
Parade
Departure
...Do I know you?
Silence
Sins of men
Into the rain,mist and moonlight
The Big Bang
Last Words
Where's Wally/Waldo?
Greek Myth
Wasn't me...
Christmas
Barbie and Friends
Brighty is awesome
Super Heroes in action
Caught in the storm
The Abyss
Help
*Facepalm*
City Of Light
Into the Midnight Flame which lights up the forest
BILBO'S GRAND DAY OUT or GIMLI GOES CLUBBING DOWNTOWN
Age of Mythology Gone Mad
Haunted
Voyage

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 05-23-2009 @ 05:48 AM).]

Replies:
posted 25 April 2008 10:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2512  
The new format will be up soon, having some trouble with the HTML.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 25 April 2008 02:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2512  
Maybe you should put a thank you to Paperfriend?

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
posted 25 April 2008 03:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2512  
Let me know if you need any help, Yeeb.....

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone
posted 25 April 2008 04:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2512  
EOD was offering quite a nice layout, that included a thankyou to Paper.

I just don't know how to update his tables that much . But I will make sure you can both help as I have 2 threads that need an HTML makeover.

If EOD responds to my plea in 2 days, I will use his format and Elrich can help me with my other thread.

If EOD does not respond then Elrich can do a sexy layout for this thread and EOD can help with the ferris wheel.

posted 26 April 2008 02:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 2512  
If it's not too early to post my screenshot:

[PNG, (533.04 KB)]
Peaceful Fields

[This message has been edited by Legendbladex (edited 04-26-2008 @ 02:53 AM).]

posted 26 April 2008 02:56 AM EDT (US)     6 / 2512  
Hey, what's that mod?
posted 26 April 2008 03:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 2512  
The Arkantos texture mod?...........I kinda forgot.... if my memory is correct (which is never), I think it was a King Jared thing I got from Regi's Way. It also mods Jason.
posted 26 April 2008 03:38 AM EDT (US)     8 / 2512  
Nah leave it back to normal simple layout.

Not annoying pictures in the backround or tables.
posted 26 April 2008 05:50 AM EDT (US)     9 / 2512  
What are you talking about? They aren't annoying if you use the right images/colours.

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 26 April 2008 06:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 2512  
Can I ask but what do you have against normal simple layout that has worked for the past year or so?
posted 26 April 2008 06:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 2512  
Nothing against it, I just think tables look nicer if you can do them right. (Check the new threads by Elrich!)

posted 26 April 2008 11:36 AM EDT (US)     12 / 2512  
Maybe you should make a bit of a competition out of this one.
For example, the person who wins the most picture topic's overall throughout the length of this thread, wins!
They wouldn't need to win anything physical, just some recognition for their screenshots.

-[Hello..
posted 26 April 2008 11:59 AM EDT (US)     13 / 2512  
Shhh! I already planned something like that.

New layout is up.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 04-27-2008 @ 12:24 PM).]

posted 27 April 2008 12:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2512  
Nice and lovely. Although No new theme pic makes it look quite un-nice.

Could I suggest this?

[This message has been edited by Eyecandy of Doom (edited 04-27-2008 @ 12:30 PM).]

posted 27 April 2008 12:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2512  
Most tables are no longer original and appealing. Can we please just use the old layout?

posted 27 April 2008 12:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2512  
I saved the old layout just incase . Let's just see what a few more of the regulars who visit this thread say.

posted 27 April 2008 12:42 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2512  
*Starts hacking into the AOMH user database*

No need to save any more extra templates yeeb. We will have good time and fun with the current one.

*attempts hypnotising*

Why not dealete the template? *tick tick*
it is USELESS

USELESS!

[This message has been edited by Eyecandy of Doom (edited 04-27-2008 @ 12:47 PM).]

posted 27 April 2008 01:20 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2512  
Hmmm... It looks pretty nice but the bright neon colors make it look really ugly and the picture in the background repeats itself... I say go back to the old layout as well.

And holyshit the 2nd CSC went 10 times faster than the 1st one. Good job with the activity guys.

I never asked for this.
posted 27 April 2008 02:11 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2512  
posted 27 April 2008 02:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2512  
Wow. The new look is lovely jubbly.

MEPH

posted 27 April 2008 02:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2512  
Where would we be without Elrich's find to use the full width of the screen Nice layout EoD

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 27 April 2008 03:12 PM EDT (US)     22 / 2512  
The Cirlce of Life
From my all time favorite Disney movie.

I never asked for this.
posted 27 April 2008 03:19 PM EDT (US)     23 / 2512  
Alex and Nitro, your shots are brilliant .

posted 27 April 2008 03:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 2512  
Thanks.

Mine is based off of this awesome screenshot by ES:

posted 27 April 2008 03:34 PM EDT (US)     25 / 2512  
The Lion King? Ah, that was a great movie.

MEPH

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Continuous Screenshot Competition 3
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames