You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign Announcement: Remnak's Bane.
posted 17 June 2008 03:23 PM EDT (US)   
The project has been restarted as of soon. Also a slight tweak to the story.

The Bane Series Part 1: Remnak's Pain...

-Story-
In the time before ours, the great god Alpha created a being to be his son... Alpha named him Omega, as he would mean the end of his legacy. Omega was sent to Earth to spread the doctrine of his father, Alpha. But Alpha, in his foolishness, took his eye away from his son believing him more trustworthy than he was. Omega's arrival on Earth caused a change in his form. People were so disgusted by it that he threw on a black cloak to protect his frail body. Omega, angered at his father's mistake turned on the land of Melagia, destroying all in his path. He became known as Death, or to the Norse, the Grim Reaper. He bought along with him his plague, beings with no body that were covered in black garments. But Hades, amused by all the suffering, came to the overworld to see who was causing this. Upon seeing him he agreed to heal Death's body, but it would come with a price. He had to be Hades loyal servant, and he would be granted power unimaginable! He agreed... Then Hades asked something that he would've never thought he would, destroy the sacred land of Remnia, take the relic protecting his father, Alpha, making him mortal, and having Hades able to rule the land. But Alpha had also created another being... Remnak. The champion of the heavens, he watched over Remnia on his chair in the clouds. Remnak was the land's only hope... Or so we had thought...

-Features-
There is no longer a turn-basis to this game.
A lot of boss battles.
Lots of cinematics.
Puzzles and mazes, designed to make the game more challenging.
An intense storyline about a war between Kingdoms.
This *will* be my first map where I try to do good eyecandy, wish me luck.

-Screenshots- (The project is fresh)

Building hype, don't even comment on how it's empty.

-Completion-
Losts teh map, restrarting shall begin soon.
Story: Done 100%

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 10-09-2008 @ 07:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 17 June 2008 09:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Ooh! First comment! It looks awesome!!! I think I'll download it when it comes out. The use of bridges is great; I've always taken the bridge for granted and dismissed it as semi-useless.

I love the monastary. Some of the may now that I'm making some Arturian secenarios. Monastaries, churches and Cathedrals will be a must for them. But it's kind of difficult to do places of Christian worship in a game based on pagan beliefs.

I want my Arthur scenarios to have a sort of "Christianity has triumphed over the old ways but fell with the Roman Empire and is just know begining to regain it's foothold" kind of feel.

By the way, I vote for "The Divided Kingdom" for the title.

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 06-17-2008 @ 09:50 PM).]

posted 18 June 2008 07:48 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Nice story, and very nice screenshots.

I'd like to see nature a bit closer, though.

Sweet baby maizes!
posted 18 June 2008 12:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
Thx guys. Im thinking of adding a turn-based battle-system. I've started on it right now, I hope it turns out well.
Edit: Woo, the system is working so far, I'll post up a screenshot. Just remember, during the battle, the camera will be rotating to different angles to make it look cooler.

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 06-18-2008 @ 02:39 PM).]

posted 18 June 2008 01:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Brilliant story and nice screenshots, but you should get rid of the bridges in the Great Gate of Melagia one.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 18 June 2008 02:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
Dangit, photobucket must be accepting hackers or something. Geez, it works for a minute then it gets hacked AGAIN. And thx Yeebie, there's not much behind the part the bridge is blocking so I just left it.

I was also astounded.
posted 30 June 2008 07:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
I just wanted to say that my campaign has been started up again, but will be going pretty slowly for a while. I really need a helper since I will be gone most of the time.

Edit: Dont need a helper anymore.

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 06-30-2008 @ 07:58 PM).]

posted 30 June 2008 08:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
DANGIT I WANTED TO HELP!!

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. That is all.
posted 30 June 2008 08:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
I can't tell if you were joking or not. BUT, sry man, only need 1 helper if I get too many it'd be chaos. But if you weren't joking... Thx man. DL when it comes out a long time from now =P.

Edit: If there are any modders out there that want to help that'd be nice. I need a unit for Death and one for Alpha and Omega, Shades have already taken a spot, so that unit for Death is out. Plus when I enlarge him his sickle thing stays tiny so it looks kinda retarded.

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 06-30-2008 @ 09:39 PM).]

posted 30 June 2008 11:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
i was joking but i really do want to dl and i think turnbased will be really cool

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. That is all.
posted 04 July 2008 12:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
*bump*
New screenshots coming very soon!

I was also astounded.
posted 13 July 2008 05:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
A couple of new screenshots are up, I'm sorry I have so little. Well, I was wrong... There are almost no TT copiyes out there anymore... Until my Ebay copy comes in (if it works) I'm just gonna have to wait. There has been NO progress on this scenario since screenshot update, due to the fact that my teammate thinks we should wait until my copy comes in. I'm not gonna bump this just yet, GL ppl!

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 08-02-2008 @ 03:52 PM).]

posted 18 August 2008 08:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
For Death, you could possibly use Olympus Shade... once you get TT of course :P But they have like, half a body so it may not suit your needs.

- (Insert Amazing Quote Here!) -
posted 18 August 2008 10:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  
Wow, somebody posted. Anyways, the olympus shade is already the unit for The Plague. But I think I already found the unit for Omega/Death. I can't work on it 'til I get TT, which I still haven't gotten cuz I'm lazy now.

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 08-18-2008 @ 10:18 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Announcement: Remnak's Bane.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames