You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
posted 10 July 2008 11:55 AM EDT (US)   
So you have a question? You can post it here!

Please read the FAQ in this post before posting. Thank you!

These are the people whose question thread's died a happy death (reached the 2500th post). King Jared, ArticWind7, Paperfriend and Yeebaagooon I'm the new creator of the thread! This thread should have many advantages:

For one, this will keep the forum cleaner and it will be easier to read the remaining topics, and it will save space instead of threads asking questions about scenario design in the Age of Mythology community. I am sure many both great and less experienced designers will take the time to answer both your simple and harder questions, they might learn something new to..

So, post any and all questions about scripts, triggers, units, mapping, modding, really anything that is about something in the Age of Mythology universe, and the skilled designers in the Age of Mythology community will do their best to answer them. Except for questions about coding triggers, all of those questions can be answered here, in Invent00r's thread.

Before you go any further, see if your question can be found amongst the following most frequently asked questions:
1. Where can I see the previous five threads?
Yeebaagooon's Other Thread
Yeebaagooon's Thread
Paperfriend's Thread.
ArcticWind7's Thread.
King Jared's Thread.

2. How do you enlarge objects in the editor?
Press K on your keyboard to make objects bigger, and shift + K to make objects smaller (TT only).
3. How do I change units stats (HP, speed, attack)?
Use the 'Modify Protounit' effect (TT only), some units have different names in the list then in the game, a list of these units can be found here. For AoM (the original), you can use the effect 'Set Tech Status', and then grant technologies for the specific things you want to boost, this has some disadvantages however. (Thanks to I Love Bananas for the reminder).
4. How do I rotate units vertically?
You need to download reyks New Editor, this one if you play AoM (the original), and this one if you play The Titans. Then go to 'position objects' and a box will appear in the lower left corner. (Installing reyks New Editor does not cause drops in online play, and your fellow players don't need to have it to enjoy the final effects).
5. How do I make cinematics / zoom the camera out?
At first you need to unlock the camera, hold Ctrl + Alt + C on your keyboard to do so, now you can press + on your keyboard to zoom in, and - to zoom out, to change the angle or pitch, you can press A to go up and Z to go down. After that I will point you to a number of guides: This is the most basic guide: after that one, I advice you read this and this one. The first two are written by CheeZy and the last one by AoMPlayer000. For even more detail visit The Vandhaal website and go to: "Theatre of the Mind: AoM cinematics Valhalla". (Think about make a donation.)
6. How do I let a player build/train different cultures units/buildings?
The trigger 'Set Tech Status' and 'Unforbid and enable unit'. If you are going to grant a unit make sure you set a age 4 technology active.
7. How do I create infinite levelling? Greyshark has produced a very useful guide
But Yeebaagoon has found an easier way to do it
8. Help! My triggers have stopped working!
Triggers Stop Working Guide. Also using run immediately, linking camera tracks, sound timers and decimals in conditions like timer and distance to unit effect this.
9. Arrgghhh! Army deploy doesn't work online but its fine when I Playtest!
It dosnt work for computers. Deploy the army as player 1, and then use army convert to your desired player.
10, Where can I find (trigger name here)?
Most trigger packs, and all of nottuds Transform triggers, can be found in Invent00r's thread, and here's Nottud's Superpack(SuperPack contains transform trigger)
11. How can I rotate buildings in-game?
Download this and use your mouse scroll to rotate them.
12. How do I install the files onto my game from this website?
When you unzip the file, cahnge the directory to... C:/Program Files/ Microsoft Game/ Age of Mythology/ Scenarios.
13. Why can't I change the Son Of Osiris' attack?
You can't change the Son of Osiris' attack because it is counted as a special attack, and thus it is unchangeable.
14. Is there a way to change Mother Nature's (Player 0's) god?
Use this.

Recently, The Vandhaal has added a special FAQ. Use this if your question is not above. If still not answred post it here! (Cinematics)

If you still have any more questions, you can just ask them or you can check out the guides here or the Tsuniversity, here for AoM and here for TT. If you still would like to search for your question, there is the question thread compendium (currently incomplete).

Ask your questions!

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 03-21-2009 @ 10:53 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10 July 2008 11:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2505  
Ah voy, I'll stick this to the upper wall.

By the way, may I remove the suffix? I'm not entirely sure it's neccessary. But, you're the thread poster, of course.

Sweet baby maizes!

[This message has been edited by I Love Bananas (edited 07-10-2008 @ 11:58 AM).]

posted 10 July 2008 11:58 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2505  
is this the first question?

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 10 July 2008 12:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 2505  
No Reach, it is not.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
posted 10 July 2008 12:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 2505  
Eh, I dont care. I just wanted to change it at least a little.

Edit: Fixed

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 07-10-2008 @ 12:28 PM).]

posted 10 July 2008 12:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 2505  
Curses . Not only did you ruin my hattrick, Metal also spelt laser wrong . Curses again.

At least the thread still serves it's purpose .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 07-10-2008 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 10 July 2008 02:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 2505  
Hehe, I'd post something about your ego, but pretty much everything has already been said about it.

Yea I saw your original post.

I was also astounded.
posted 10 July 2008 02:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 2505  
question:
where is that patch to download where i can rotate buildings by scrolling mouse scroll?
posted 10 July 2008 02:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 2505  
Lol - the new question thread has arrived.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 10 July 2008 02:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 2505  
Il post that up there in a minute, but here's what you looking for.

I was also astounded.
posted 10 July 2008 02:35 PM EDT (US)     10 / 2505  
ty i now have the file but how i get it to work?
i put the file into startup. and tried it on single player and it didn't work so what to do?
like do i have to delete that file what is allready in that startup folder?
posted 10 July 2008 02:47 PM EDT (US)     11 / 2505  
Unlock your mouse scroll on the menu.

I was also astounded.
posted 10 July 2008 03:01 PM EDT (US)     12 / 2505  
i'm stupid but where i can found that? tried to find but i didn't =(
posted 10 July 2008 03:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 2505  
Open AoM and go to Options. And click on the box that Im pretty sure is called unlock map rotation. If that doesnt work then I dont know how to sorry =/

Edit: Do you have vanilla? If so rename the file from gamex to game.

I was also astounded.

[This message has been edited by OmegasRage (edited 07-10-2008 @ 03:05 PM).]

posted 10 July 2008 03:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 2505  
yea now i can rotate map but i try to rotate building by choosing building then pressing shift and scroll and it doesn't work
(i have aom titans exp and gamex in start up)
anything wrong? :P
posted 10 July 2008 03:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 2505  
Just use the mousewheel.
Hehe, I'd post something about your ego, but pretty much everything has already been said about it.
Please do.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
posted 10 July 2008 03:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 2505  
sry not working only map rolling
posted 10 July 2008 04:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 2505  
You have to rotate it before placing the building down, and you never have to press the shift key down.

I was also astounded.
posted 10 July 2008 04:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 2505  
@Yeebaagooon:
I know Lazar is spelled laser, but lazar is just WAAAY cooler lololololol

Scenario in progress: Wanderer of Worlds RPG
Recent Scenario: Cliff Jumper Minigame (beta)
Check out my guide on how to make a cool custom special attack here!
posted 10 July 2008 04:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 2505  
posted 10 July 2008 04:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 2505  
Is it possible to enlarge a rain object so it covers the entire map rather than one space, or does that not work effectively? (Would check myself, but I'm away from my main computer at the moment.)

I had sex with a duck.

I gave it my phone-number, but it never called back.
posted 10 July 2008 04:55 PM EDT (US)     21 / 2505  
@jammeli:

(1)Make sure it is in the CORRECT startup folder. Look carefully at the rotation.

(2)Make sure you have extracted the file out the zip folder. Do that by either copying it out or using the extract function. Putting the zip folder in the startup will not make it work.

(3)You rotate after you have selected what building you want to place but before you actually place the building.

Does that help?

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 11 July 2008 00:23 AM EDT (US)     22 / 2505  
how do i make it so a player cannot create any military units?
posted 11 July 2008 02:26 AM EDT (US)     23 / 2505  
You could use the forbid all trigger, or modify protounit all to make them cost 47 population.

posted 11 July 2008 02:44 AM EDT (US)     24 / 2505  
I see someone gave the title a much needed change.
posted 11 July 2008 03:27 AM EDT (US)     25 / 2505  
oh i meant just aom vanilla so how do i forbid them from making military units? or at least just forbid them making ulsfarks
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 101  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Question?! Post it here instead of spamming!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: