Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Scenario Announcement: Children of Shadow RPG
posted 17 August 2008 02:18 PM EDT (US)   

Went a little wild with the image, and it looks pretty cool.

Its no secret that I am working on an RPG and now its time to show some of that RPG off to everyone here. Here you will find some pictures taken in the editor, and a current progress report.

[PNG, (1.47 MB)]
[PNG, (1.41 MB)]
[PNG, (1.53 MB)]

Progress Report:

Current Trigger Count: 340

Starting Zones

Icerunner Bandits(Level1)

Sesarian Aid(Level 1)

General Clavin(Boss Fight 1)

Level 2 Start

The Elemental Ankhs(Level 2)

The Traitor(Level 2)

Cavum(Boss Fight 2)

This is all I have to show for now. I plan on having 5 levels in total, but this is all that has been created for now. The more I creat the more will be added to this list. If you have any suggestions, criticisms feel free to post them as long as they are done in a constructive manner.

-DragonBlood11

Signatures are broken
Replies:
posted 17 August 2008 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
I'm gonna give some advice while the scenario is early on: Don't make it one of those RPG's that takes an hour just because you have to hack through endless guys mindlessly without doing anything special. And PLEASE don't make the bosses just enlarged myth units with more attack. Make a unique way to kill them and maybe give them a special attack.
Do this it will be a fun RPG

Scenario in progress: Wanderer of Worlds RPG
Recent Scenario: Cliff Jumper Minigame (beta)
Check out my guide on how to make a cool custom special attack here!
posted 17 August 2008 09:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
I'm gonna give some advice while the scenario is early on: Don't make it one of those RPG's that takes an hour just because you have to hack through endless guys mindlessly without doing anything special. And PLEASE don't make the bosses just enlarged myth units with more attack. Make a unique way to kill them and maybe give them a special attack.
Do this it will be a fun RPG
Don't worry. The first boss has 7 different moves that he uses randomly, though he has less of a chance of using stronger move then a weaker one. The bosses are hard to. It took me nearly 5 minutes to kill the first boss using ATM OF EREBUS to buy upgrades(more on that later)

Signatures are broken
posted 23 August 2008 05:44 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
This looks really cool! I would love to playtest when you are ready!

- (Insert Amazing Quote Here!) -
posted 23 August 2008 11:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
Hey! Hows it going DragonBlood11!!? Im a huge fan of RPGs and I gotta say your one looks like its going to be great! I was wondering like Powerdrone311 if I could playtest? Please >_< !! When you are ready ofcoarse.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
posted 25 August 2008 12:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
Yes you can. I did not work on it all weekend though, because my design partner was away, and I got into Warhammer Online Preview Weekend. He is back now and we are working on it ATM. I will continue updating this thread throughout the week.

Signatures are broken
posted 25 August 2008 12:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
I look forward to seeing your work, and this map looks packed with fun. Good luck with it, and remember I am always here if you need a playtester or voice actor (strong English accent included) .

Where did the new blasphemous percentage bars come from?

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 08-25-2008 @ 12:55 PM).]

posted 25 August 2008 03:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
This will never be finished.
I could easily go through the last 10 pages of this forum and pull out 10 other RPGs that were 10% completed at the time of the showcase and never completed.
posted 25 August 2008 04:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
Good luck with this.

Oh.. And don't give up!
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 25 August 2008 07:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
This will never be finished.
I could easily go through the last 10 pages of this forum and pull out 10 other RPGs that were 10% completed at the time of the showcase and never completed.
Its actually more like 40% at this point, and I just finished second boss. I was working like 6 hours a day, before Rafen went away and WAR preview weekend started.

Signatures are broken
posted 26 August 2008 00:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  
40%.... Woot!! Alright, go DragonBlood11! Cant wait to play it! I know its going to be great! Keep up that fast pace Dragon!
posted 26 August 2008 09:59 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
Another screenshot

[PNG, (1.52 MB)]

city garden FTW!

Signatures are broken
posted 26 August 2008 10:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
Wow that's amazing!!!!
no not the screenshot, the fact that XS is even worse than imageshack..
*loses hope of picture ever loading*

*edit: Hey the title loaded. Mandlebrot, I presume!

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 08-26-2008 @ 10:04 AM).]

posted 26 August 2008 10:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
Same here the screenshot never did load for me! Aww!

LOADED! sorry guys

[This message has been edited by Kai Hirogashi (edited 08-26-2008 @ 10:06 AM).]

posted 26 August 2008 11:41 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
Ya I really got make a dam photobucket account. Also that screenie was taken before city was finished. As of now its finished, and the garden was moved around a bit.

EDIT: I am also going to run a playtest tommorrow for levels one and two. If your interested e-mail me at mafiadude113@aim.com

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-26-2008 @ 11:43 AM).]

posted 26 August 2008 01:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
SWEET!! You'll get my email Dragon!

|MEMORY|
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Scenario Announcement: Children of Shadow RPG
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: