You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Way to edit main Campaign Scenarios of Aom and AomT Expansion!
posted 12 March 2009 03:41 AM EDT (US)   
Hello everyone, I have found out a fascinating way to edit main game campaigns of Age of Mythology and Age of Mythology Titans Expansion pack. I have the Gold edition, consisting of both, and using this process, I have edited several Campaigns. If you save as a Scenario of the Campaign as a seperate level, it'll even not affect the main Campaign scenario set. :-) Now, to Edit Campaign scenarios, follow the given process:

(To edit Titans Expansion pack Campaign scenarios

1. Initially, start any desired level of Age of Mythology The Titans. Play it for a few seconds (even for 5 seconds) and exit to the main menu.
2. Now, open Editor, and click on 'File' menu of editor. Now, you'll have to select the Campaign Scenario below the ''Exit to Windows'' option. Click the topmost level (just below the Exit to Windows Option), and it'll open the respective scenario for editing! You can even edit Cinematics by this way! (:->.
3. After you have edited everything, just Save the Scenario as a custom Scenario made by you (just Select File->Save As and specify a name, and save it). Please do not Just save it only, for it'll then affect the Campaign. Then Everytime you play the campaign, your edited scenario will appear instead of the default scenario.

(To edit Age of Mythology Campaign Scenarios)
1. Open AOM.exe instrad of AOMX.exe, and play any scenario for about 5 seconds (You may play it for as long as you wish). Now, exit to main menu.
2. Like previous step, open Editor, and click on the file menu and select the option just below "Exit to Windows Option". It'll open the respective scenario. Now, edit it and save it as a scenario made by you, i.e, by giving it a name other than it's original name.
3. But, many of my dear companions, would like to use the Titans effects, God Powers, and units etc. in the Original Age of Mythology. For them, there is a simple pocess. After you save the scenaio as any custom scenario, say ''Hello.scn'', exit to Windows, and open Scenario folder in Aoge of Mythology Directory/folder. Now, you'll have to find the scenario you edited. It'll have the name "Hello.scn" or anything else we have given earlier. Now, just change it's extension from "Hello.scn" to "Hello.scx". Now, open Aomx, and go to editor. Next, go to File->Open and open "Hello.scx", and you're done. Now, you can even add Titans units in Original Age of Mythology Campaign. Save it after editing, and then launch it from Load Scenario option in Single Player of Main Menu. You'll have a lot of fun.

For exemple, let me tell you an instance. Once I played as Kemysyt in the Ioklos level 7. Ha ha. I just invoked added Kronos to my scenario, and killed Arkantos and Ajax and Chiron. I named the edited scenario "Revenge of Kronos!!!!!". There, the story is that, Kronos has come out of Tararus, and seeks to teach Arkantos a lesson! And once, I created a Court, with Osiris as the Judge, and Prometheus and Chiron as Lawyers, Arkantos and Ajax as criminals and Kronos as the Police Chief, who lodged a complain against Arkantos and Ajax for killing Kamos (and lol, he was a social worker). Arkantos and Ajax both appealed for a Bail, but they both were sentenced to death and struck by Chain lightning of Orisis! Detna, their helper, in the crime, was shot dead by the Sons of Oriris. Isn't it funny? Ha ha. Ok. See you all soon.
Replies:
posted 12 March 2009 03:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Everyone knows and it's on the wrong forumpart...

But other than that... Nice find, there are alot of fun scenario's I could think of happening.
posted 12 March 2009 05:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Moved but I think everyone already knows this...

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
posted 12 March 2009 05:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
You can also use aomed or the bar extractor to extract the scenarios from the spc scenario bar. Either way works.

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
~My Heavens~
AoMH
SpH
DoFH
Also, I am here.
posted 12 March 2009 02:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
You can convert to scx from scn easier by just simply opening the scn and then saving it. The scenario will be then saved as scx.

The boy with the mad imagination
Prepare for the ultimate duel!
Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
Find out and download the transform trigger here.
Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.
posted 16 March 2009 10:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
This isn't working for me, when I try to incorporate Titans into the aom campaign. I play an aom level, quit, go into map editor, open the scenario, but it doesn't load. And it won't allow me to save the files as scx either. Please help.

[This message has been edited by thisisntworking (edited 03-16-2009 @ 10:33 PM).]

Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Way to edit main Campaign Scenarios of Aom and AomT Expansion!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames