Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Campaign Announcement: "Valhalla"
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04 July 2009 11:32 AM EDT (US)   

Download the demo now!

Features:
  • New sounds, music and character icons.
  • Story that gradually grows in scale.
  • Map design with a philosophy of not leaving any single area uninteresting.
  • Conventional strategy-type scenarios, including defense, build-and-destroy, etc.
  • Badass cinematics!

Cinematic Sample:

NOTE: Since this is recorded with Fraps in desynched mode, it plays much more quickly than normal (and doesn't contain the original sound, although the same music is used). It is the second cinematic from playable scenario #2, "Motherly Love".

Screenshots:

Prologue: Kindling
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1. Passage
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2. Motherly Love
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

3. Promises
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

4. Avidity
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 11-17-2009 @ 02:30 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04 July 2009 11:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 50  
    sure ill playtest

thunder636@hotsheet.com

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
    oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
    '-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
    (__)
    |¯|_|¯|_|¯|
    posted 04 July 2009 02:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50  
    Wow, this looks very good from the screen shots, and i hope that it will be a campaign that I will want to keep and replay after a while. I will play test it if you send it to me. My email is WinstonShnozwick@bresnan.net
    How long did this take you ? Oh and how do you make an auto installer application, I want to know how so I can make use of them.

Tired of unorigional, boring campaigns? Try out DEMO|Legacy - The Uprising|DEMO
    Completely New Gameplay. Random Map Type Replayability. Delve into Nomadican|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Want to know how to use triggers and/or create amazing factors in your scenarios? You need Combination Effects|FEATURES|DOWNLOAD|
    Automaton Metals Textures, New Custom Triggers
    Upcoming Projects: Legacy - The Uprising, Destiny
    6/12/1997, a day that will live in infamy.
    posted 04 July 2009 03:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 50  
    It isn't hard to manually install, just include a readme with the directories to move what to.

I don't know of any installer program creator off hand, you could try to google. You should include the files AND the installer to be honest, a lot of people don't like to use .exe's (because of viruses) they don't trust. So that way it'd give them the option.

Anyway. Ontopic.

The screenshots look nice, I'm not into demos. But I'll give it a play when it's completed.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
    "Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
    "Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
    posted 04 July 2009 03:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50  
    Hey Winston:

I used Smart Install Maker's free trial--you can download it here.

The scenarios in the demo have taken about a week's time to complete.

Thanks so much for the kind comments! I've sent demos to Winston and Beauchamp.
    posted 10 July 2009 12:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 50  
    Could a mod change this thread's title to "Campaign Announcement: "Valhalla"". please? I'll update this with screenshots (maybe even a Fraps movie) from the second playable scenario later.

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-10-2009 @ 12:22 PM).]

posted 10 July 2009 11:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 50  
    wow cool

I never asked for this.
    posted 11 July 2009 00:44 AM EDT (US)     7 / 50  
    Nice Presentation! I downloaded the demo and I'm anticipating for the full thing. You got some good originality with build&destroy in this. Good luck!

If you don't know what to write, start writing. Same thing with scenario design. If you have know idea yet, start designing.

Projects: Kingdom
    posted 13 July 2009 00:46 AM EDT (US)     8 / 50  
    Second scenario done--working on the cinematic after.

This is what I work on every day from waking to sleeping, so I'm pretty sure it'll be released eventually.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
    __"\_____
    "This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
    "This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
    posted 13 July 2009 01:58 AM EDT (US)     9 / 50  
    environments look artificial, terrain needs to blend between areas.

I'm a critic.

Hello, my name CHEEZ BIX:
  • Download the beta version of my map, Hero Wars: Godpowers Unleashed!
  • posted 13 July 2009 12:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 50  
    Thanks!

How do the environments look artificial? What does "artificial" mean in this sense? Does it just look like I've placed everything where it is, rather than it naturally turning up there?

_/o___
    _(__\____
    AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
    __"\_____
    posted 13 July 2009 12:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50  
    Looks good man.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 13 July 2009 01:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 50  
    I'm not sure how well you know HTML, but there are a lot of unclosed tags in that and you need to re-enable the forum table before your post ends. I did it for you, but it just rearranged the order of some of your screenshots (probably due to the numerous unclosed tags you have in there).

HTML aside, great use of the youtube embedding. The scenario looks very well eyecandied, and you've showcased very well.

Good luck with it.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 13 July 2009 02:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 50  
    Sorry about that, and thanks for fixing it. I did have the screenshots in that order originally, and they look better this way.

Elrich would be flogging me right now.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____
    posted 14 July 2009 09:01 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50  
    This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven
    posted 19 July 2009 01:13 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50  
    Map design for the third scenario is very tedious. Here's what I have so far:

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-23-2009 @ 09:46 AM).]

posted 24 July 2009 06:25 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50  
    Screenshots from the third scenario added.

Its map design is finished--I just need to make more triggers to capture screenshots in a similar context to gameplay.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____
    posted 24 July 2009 07:31 AM EDT (US)     17 / 50  
    I don't know why this thread has so little attention, it looks so promising. The demo was really gret too. Sign me up for playtesting if there is room.
    JDmino@gmail.com

The lord of all living beings, holder of the Ilúvatar
    ~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    posted 24 July 2009 10:46 AM EDT (US)     18 / 50  
    Thanks so much, JDmino. =D

I figure it'll probably take 7 months to a year from now until the campaign is ready for playtesting (considering voice acting, which I just decided on today).

I have specific ideas for 11 playable scenarios, but it'll probably end up being 12-14 scenarios long.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____
    posted 25 July 2009 01:30 AM EDT (US)     19 / 50  
    Looks good.
    I'll play the demo when I get around to it.

..........(@_
    ._..........)..\_______________________________________
    (_)@8@8{}<______________PoleRBear______________>
    ............)_/
    ............(@
    I stole Mator's sig
    posted 25 July 2009 02:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 50  
    I will help out in anyway I can. I will do some voice-acting, or eyecandy. Although, my eyecandy style would clash with yours. You have natural eyecandy and mine is more artifical-looking. Just email me if you need help.

~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    posted 30 July 2009 02:21 AM EDT (US)     21 / 50  
    *Bump*
    So how is this coming along. (sorry for the double post)

~My Heavens~
    AoMH
    SpH
    DoFH
    Also, I am here.
    posted 30 July 2009 10:25 AM EDT (US)     22 / 50  
    I tried to upload a video of some new stuff, but after 3 hours of waiting it "failed to convert", apparently.

I just got done with the third cinematic from the third scenario, working on the gameplay afterward.

I'm working on it in the other window as we speak--no signs of slowing down.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____
    posted 30 July 2009 12:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50  
    That eyecandy looks very good. This should be worth looking at.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
    ____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
    "You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
    "Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
    AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
    Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
    posted 30 July 2009 04:48 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50  
    Exscuse me but i have seen the trailer on youtube and i asked if i could playtest and you said yes please send me at Valuax@gmx.com
    posted 30 July 2009 04:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50  
    I meant as soon as it's done.

If you look a little closer, you'll see it's still in development! That's why I made a demo/trailer instead of releasing it.

I'll be sure to send it to you once it's ready, though.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    __"\_____

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-30-2009 @ 04:54 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Campaign Announcement: "Valhalla"
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames