Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 14 July 2009 01:04 PM EDT (US)   
DragonBlood11 presents....
In cooperation with Yeebaagooon and AoMH...
25 People who Changed AoM: A Tribute to the 25 Most Influential AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and Moderators.

With the recent nostalgia rush between the impending release of Ripto, Auron's brief visit, and a few other things I thought now would be the time to do this. I have created a list of 25 past and present AoM Designers, Scripters, Modders, and AoMH Moderators, who changed AoM as we know it. These members come from all different backgrounds and all corners of the globe but one thing they all had in common were they all loved designing and without them the design community would not be the same. Throughout the next 25 days I will be counting down my list of the 25 most influential people in AoM design history. This will also give newer members a chance to learn the names of the person who created those triggers or that utility program that they couldn't design without. So starting July 15, 2009 until August 9, 2009 I will (attempt) to reveal a new name every day followed by a short bio and a little information. Enjoy

NOTE: Newer members do not expect to be on this list. The newest person on this list(as in the one with the most recent join date) is from 2006.

Number One

Name:nottud
Achievements: So many achievements that were thought of as impossible
Bio: nottud joined AoMH in 2005. His first maps included the Pit of Doom, Avenger Race, and many more. nottud soon gained a reputation for finding weird glitches in the editor that designers could use to their advantage. In addition he also began to create RM scripts as well as scenarios. His RM debut was called islands and was basically a map with islands. While nottud had a number of decent scenarios and RMS including Escape 4 Worlds, Ancient Evil RPG, and Magic Floor, his name became big when he released Nottud's complete guide, map, template, etc super pack. It recieved a three 5 star ratings and included random maps, templates, the Complete Age of Mythology Sound List, and much more. Soon afterwards he made it possible to rotate buildings in game, and triggers allowing you to select players 11 and 12. His reputatiom soon began to grow as a skilled scenario design, RM scripter, and trigger creator. He created the Checked terrain type! which did work online and I used in my scenario Color Escape. He then compiled his triggers and editor mods with reyk's and others to create Nottud's Editor Superpack and Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack. He has created some widely popular triggers including the Transform trigger, conditional effects, shop triggers, and the Search triggers. He also created the stretch unit templates for eyecandiers. Nottud is also known for making scenarios in random map format such as Mythodea, the highly popular Battle of the Shapeshifters, and Chaos in World RPG, all done through RMS. In nearly 4 years nottud's reputation changed from that of an average scenario designer, to a legend and a master of all trades. His various skills and talents changed Age of Mythology and his editor mods took scenario design to a whole other level. It is nottud's jack of all trades style, his epic triggers and random maps, and finally his fun and innovative scenarios that make nottud one of the most influential designers of all time. Without nottud I wouldn't be here right now also so an ode to the boy with a mad imagination.
Creation(s): Nottud's Ultimate Editor Superpack, Mythodea RMS, Battle of the Shapeshifters, for more by nottud click here!

Previous Entires:
Paperfriend
pepsidude_123 aka Alex
PrplPplEater
Yeebaagooon
King Jared
Reinfire
Xamolxis
Socvazius
FC_Nidhogg
gaurdian_112
pftq
m0nTy_PyTh0n
Istari
Auron
Jakwarrior
invent00r
Archaeopterix
Stephen Caines
CheeZy
Matei
The_Vandhaal
reyk
Ykkrosh
Oscar

That concludes the list. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. Special thanks to SwordofValor and Yeebaagooon, this list would not have been possible without you guys.
The following people are honorable mentions. They did not make the list either because they did not have as big of an impact or I simply forgot about them when making the list, and couldn't fit them on.
Honorable Mentions:
Shiva
I Love Bananas
jml
SwordofValor
angryzor
Sziggi
Shrink
Papaya
Hessu
Baron Lopi
TwentyOneScore
AOMPlayer000
Mythic_Freak
oddy (this is the one that NOBODY mentioned that I referred to earlier)
Elrich
CaveTown
RiderofEternity
King of Cheese
waveslave610

Thank you everyone! Now time for a vacation! I shall return next Saturday!

Signatures are broken

[This message has been edited by DragonBlood11 (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 14 July 2009 01:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 516  
Shouldn't this be in Scen design?

Welcome, to my domain.

My Email is: Henrz.me@hotmail.com

kthx.
posted 14 July 2009 01:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 516  
This is scenario design, Isnt it?

± ±‡± ø,¸¸,ø ±‡± ±
oº°”˜`”°ºo oº°”˜`”°ºo
'-.¸(O)¸.-' '-.¸(O)¸.-'
(__)
|¯|_|¯|_|¯|
posted 14 July 2009 01:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 516  
Yeeb moved it for me

Signatures are broken
posted 14 July 2009 02:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 516  
a List of AoM Designers or AoMH Designers, think and know the difference DragonBlood.
posted 14 July 2009 02:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 516  
posted 14 July 2009 03:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 516  
Sounds interesting, i'll surely keep an eye on this.

<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>All my downloads here<O><O><O><O><O><O><O><O>

http://joshonator12.deviantart.com/

Progress Bars
posted 14 July 2009 03:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 516  
Are you dragonfreak?

posted 14 July 2009 04:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 516  
#1 Stephen Caines
posted 14 July 2009 04:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 516  
The order of the list will could lead to plenty of discussions.

I suggest talking about everyone on no specific order. . Good idea, I shall read it. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
posted 14 July 2009 04:49 PM EDT (US)     10 / 516  
To clarify:

This isn't suggestions. Dragon has chosen 25 people and will write bios about them to educate people who don't know much about them. It's impossible to order them, so it's in no specific order.

It should be an interesting daily read .

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 14 July 2009 05:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 516  
I have created an order for which I shall reveal them but they are really all influential

Signatures are broken
posted 14 July 2009 05:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 516  
This is awesome lol.

ValorStudios
<==========]==0
posted 14 July 2009 06:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 516  
I am one of them no matter what you all say!

No, really...

posted 14 July 2009 06:27 PM EDT (US)     14 / 516  
Here are some people I really hope show up:

Oscar: His campaign (The Guardians) really broke the chains for me. It taught me water reeds don't have to be water reeds--that you can make an object become whatever you want, and as long as you believe it yourself, people will accept it. It taught me that resizing something to be absolutely huge, as long as it contributes to the eyecandy, is acceptable. It taught me using music from other sources was okay. It taught me occasional laggy scenes were okay. In general, it just has so many statements that help young designers, and with all the effort put into each area, I honestly think he'll be remembered for that campaign after he dies.

Vandhaal: This is just a guy with amazing talent. Like Oscar, he wasn't born in an English-speaking country, so the grammar in his scenarios (with the exception of The Corrupter) was usually pretty bad, but completely understandable. Vandhaal's cinematic campaign, to me, was all about immersion. It showed you how much the platform of AoM can immerse you into a story, make you want to see more. It wasn't the most original at points, nor the most inspiring, but it was so solidified in the game world (and with voice acting) that it made you yearn for the next scenario.

King Jared: Had nothing to do with designing scenarios, but he was the original forum badass. He's the one that gave us the courage to say "apeshit" on the forums, and in general pushed the line on people being afraid of words. He transformed himself from a bunch of posts into AoMH's staple character (for example: the HG Welcome Mat, which this thread is based on), so I miss him most of all.

Reyk, Ykkrosh and Nottud: They are the guys that let us do amazing things with AoM, and really helped solidify it as an art.

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
posted 14 July 2009 07:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 516  
You'll all know in time...the first one will go up tomorrow. I already have it written out on my computer, BBCoded and everything.

Signatures are broken
posted 15 July 2009 12:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 516  
Number Twenty Five

Name:Paperfriend
Achievements:AoMH Angel, Continued the work of King Jared after his disappearance, Founded the Continuous Screenshot Competition at AoMH

Bio: Paperfriend joined AoMH in March of 2005. From his first appearance on the Scenario Design scene to his disappearance in early 2008 Paperfriend made friendly, helpful, and detailed posts helping newbies which eventually got him promoted to AoMH Angel. He founded the first Continuous Screenshot Competition at AoMH which is still being held today since its creation in November 2006, still using many of the rules that Paperfriend set in place nearly 3 years ago. His reputation for helping newbies and being generally helpful to the AoMH community is what earns Paperfriend a spot as one of the most influential designers of all time.
Creation(s):The Grey Marsh Promotional Background

Signatures are broken
posted 15 July 2009 12:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 516  
Maybe you should put it in the main post?

And use the img HTML tag to make the text appear in the huge space next to the 4 images...

Good choice.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"You can't trust yeebaagooon to lead a rebelion, He would send everyone to steal mirrors so he could bask in his own brilliance." - Out Reach
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto|Multiplayer: Minigames Z|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
posted 15 July 2009 01:03 PM EDT (US)     18 / 516  
From his first appearance on the Scenario Design scene to his disappearance in early 2008 Paperfriend made friendly, helpful, and detailed posts helping newbies
It took a while actually...

Other than that, I expected all these biographies to be a bit longer, especially since you only post one each day. I do look forward to the rest of the list though.
posted 15 July 2009 01:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 516  
For me it would be King Jared, reyk, Archaeopterix, myself (naturally), gaurdian112, Felix I-forget-his-second-name... erm... plus others

posted 15 July 2009 01:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 516  
LOL sorry guys I'm a bit busy today. My mom finally started to crack down on me and my summer reading so I had to sneak onto the computer to post that. Now I am on my iPod. I'll see if I can sneak back on soon.

Signatures are broken
posted 15 July 2009 02:07 PM EDT (US)     21 / 516  
Oscar is pretty much the design kign for me, followed by the vandhaal. ^^

nottud. HailToTheOboe. invent00r. and all the other great trigger makers which names i can't remember. they made actual things possible. and nottuds & reyks editor mods brought map design to a whole new level.

KingUndergroundKing
posted 15 July 2009 03:10 PM EDT (US)     22 / 516  
I'm ashamed to say that I won't be on this list. Even though I've been here for over four years, I haven't done anything important...

MEPH
[Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor
posted 15 July 2009 04:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 516  
I liked Paper.
Oscar is pretty much the design kign for me, followed by the vandhaal. ^^
I think Oscar is the best traditional designer but Vandhaal experimented more with effects and is the best-all-around. They've both really pioneered scenario design and no other designer even comes close, except for maybe Parsifal but he was just a Vandhaal & Oscar copycat.

Edit: Arch is up there with them as well, but produced considerably less.

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 07-15-2009 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 15 July 2009 04:57 PM EDT (US)     24 / 516  
Parsifal sucked, are you kidding?
posted 15 July 2009 04:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 516  
I liked him, he just had some... personality problems. I still haven't ruled out him being Vandhaal's smurf though.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » 25 People who Changed AoM: nottud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames