Moderated by Yeebaagooon, nottud

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Star Wars: Released
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 28 July 2009 05:40 PM EDT (US)   
RELEASED! http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8986

From the same studio that brought you Legends of the Third Age.....

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

It was a time of galactic strife, the Trade Federation disillusioned with the Galactic Republic and encouraged by the voice of Darth Sidious engaged in a blockade of the peaceful planet Naboo. This set in motion a series of events culminating in the Clone Wars, this also lead to the humble Senator Palpatine from Naboo becoming Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.

War was declared and the Republic’s recently grown Clone Army battled against the mechanised might of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The conflict spread across the entire galaxy enshrouding worlds in violence and strengthening Palpatine’s power in the Senate. At the close of the war Supreme Chancellor Palpatine declared himself Emperor and started a purge of the Jedi. His actions turned Republic into Empire, this new order had its opposition and they were the seeds of a Rebellion against the new Empire. In the years that followed the Rebellion against the Empire grew to be a threat to its safety and stability.

To quell dissent the Empire created the Death Star, a super weapon capable of destroying entire planets in a single blow. With this the Empire tried to wipe out the Rebel threat once and for all, in an attack on Yavin IV the Rebellion’s base. This attempt was foiled and the Death Star destroyed by a young Jedi called Luke Skywalker. The Galactic Civil War raged on until news of a Second Death Star reached the Rebellion.

The Rebels launched a final attack on the Empire; their hope lay in the fact was that it was still under construction over the forest moon of Endor. They arrived to find that not only were the Empire’s forces expecting them but the space station was fully operational. A frantic struggle began between the Rebel and Imperial forces both in space and on the planet below, finally the shield generator protecting the Death Star was brought down and the Rebels were able to launch a successful strike destroying the super weapon with Palpatine onboard. The ensuing explosion marked the beginning of the end, with the loss of the Emperor and the destruction of the Death Star the Empire began to crumble.

An expansive modification, covering the Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance
The modpack converts each civilisation into a faction of this inter-galactic space opera. Dozens of new units with new models and high resolution textures, complete with sounds have been created. This includes most of the land troops, heroes and starfighters seen in the Star Wars movies. The project utilises our own proprietary method for enabling and disabling mods, so as not to affect your original game.

Take the struggle for galactic control online
Our main gameplay type sees players use their fleets of starfighters and land armies to battle for control of territory on distant planets. We will elaborate on our unique gameplay experience in a showcase in the near future.

Media

Click the image below to visit our media page, featuring screenshots and more information about the project.

Credits
  • Orc Master (Project Founder)
  • Petar (Project Lead)
  • BigFatz
  • CStanford
  • Dead Head
  • Inazuma
  • Scorpion Ra
  • Unome
  • Firefax

RELEASED: Download...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ NOW ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DeviantArt | Me | Liquid Fire

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

[This message has been edited by Inazuma (edited 09-01-2009 @ 09:25 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 28 July 2009 06:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 143  
    I remember this.

Did Orc Master ever come back? I know he did some truly awesome work and then disappeared leaving the project on hiatus. And is Unome still around?

Nice to see your baby finally come into fruition, tasev.

posted 28 July 2009 08:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 143  

1. Why is this on SD and not on modding forums?

2. There is no new info, pics and the liquid fire site is not even up. Is this for real, or just a bad joke?

Sorry for my lack of trust but there has been many years, since this project show some life.
    posted 28 July 2009 08:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 143  
    he just posted it today
    posted 28 July 2009 10:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 143  
    its not o the modding forums because it is a SCENARIO SHOWCASE

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
    posted 28 July 2009 10:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 143  
    An expansive modification, covering the Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance
    The modpack converts each civilisation into a faction of this inter-galactic space opera. Dozens of new units with new models and high resolution textures, complete with sounds have been created. This includes most of the land troops, heroes and starfighters seen in the Star Wars movies. The project utilises our own proprietary method for enabling and disabling mods, so as not to affect your original game.
    The scenario thing comes on third place. This project, if completed is 80% modding and perhaps 20% SD.
    posted 28 July 2009 10:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 143  
    Since it's playable, it definately belongs here.People who are looking for a new game to play aren't going to go straight to the modding section for that would they?
    This is very old lol. Is this serious?

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0
    posted 28 July 2009 10:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 143  
    Hopefully. I got all these mods years ago and they were all incredible.

posted 28 July 2009 10:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 143  
    im not entirely sure if this is real or not...

"I NED MOAR RANGE" Pubby8
    posted 28 July 2009 11:24 PM EDT (US)     9 / 143  
    Trust me, this is real. Someone was kind enough to spill the demo to me. I have to say, its pretty amazing what they did here. Mark my word, its real.
    posted 29 July 2009 02:04 AM EDT (US)     10 / 143  
    Seeing those models and the space battle thingy I can not wait to play this for sure. I never realised though the gundam guys were THAT good against droids. 1 dead gundam on the ground and an army of dead droids
    posted 29 July 2009 02:19 AM EDT (US)     11 / 143  
    Since it's playable, it definitely belongs here.
    Couldn't have put it better myself And though we don't quite have an LTA-length campaign, people can still get a lot of game time from what we offer.
    There is no new info, pics and the liquid fire site is not even up. Is this for real, or just a bad joke?
    Those two screens are new for starters. And the two gameplay types are new as well!

Alex, Orc Master has simply been too busy with his film studies, but the people that have been credited on the list have been making contributions to help bring the mod to a releasable state. Unome isn't around either btw.

Thanks for the kind words Im not quite sure why some think this is fake though

Ahh
    I just realised its Tasev/Petar's 16th today Happy birthday!!

~ I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without someone questioning its motives ~

[This message has been edited by Inazuma (edited 07-29-2009 @ 11:25 AM).]

posted 29 July 2009 02:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 143  
    This is a gundam:

This is a gungan:

There is HUGE diference betwen both, one of them is loved by millions, while the other is hated by millions.
    Since it's playable, it definitely belongs here.
    MY GOD!, are you saying mods aren't playable!, why did nobody told me after so many years?
    posted 29 July 2009 02:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 143  
    I think he means that it includes playable scenarios.

[This message has been edited by Inazuma (edited 07-29-2009 @ 02:29 AM).]

posted 29 July 2009 04:49 AM EDT (US)     14 / 143  
    You can't imagine how long I've been waiting for this! I can't wait! It's great that the team is now so close to finishing this. They've done well.

MEPH
    [Insert amazingly witty signature here.]

Me and Yeebaagooon's scenarios | Download The Corruptor

[This message has been edited by Mephiles (edited 07-29-2009 @ 04:52 AM).]

posted 29 July 2009 10:30 AM EDT (US)     15 / 143  
    Wow, this is awesome news.

I don’t have AOM installed on my new computer but I will definitely install it for this mod.

I am looking forward to play this mod.

Good job everybody.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 07-29-2009 @ 10:30 AM).]

posted 29 July 2009 12:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 143  
    MY GOD!, are you saying mods aren't playable!, why did nobody told me after so many years?
    Why are you so cranky? All I'm saying is that SD is a good place to release it since it has playable game/scenario elements. If it was just mods with nothing playable in it, it would be a different story. Obviously it has a lot of mods in it so the modding section wouldn't be a bad idea ether. Not everybody checks the modding section but many modders do check SD. Proven by you being here.

ValorStudios
    <==========]==0

[This message has been edited by SwordOfValor (edited 07-29-2009 @ 12:35 PM).]

posted 29 July 2009 12:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 143  
    Not everybody checks the modding section but many modders do check SD. Proven by you being here.
    Owned.

Current Projects:None!
    Finished Work:Forest of Traitors
    posted 29 July 2009 01:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 143  
    I just realised its Tasev/Petar's 16th today Happy birthday!!
    Happy birthday! Congratz! And nice work.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
    Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
    posted 29 July 2009 01:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 143  
    This is going to be so cool! Its coming out the day after results day then.

By the way any new god powers being added too?

The boy with the mad imagination
    Prepare for the ultimate duel!
    Learn to use all my triggers and what you can do with them. Visit here.
    Find out and download the transform trigger here.
    Play some minigames I have created outside AOM including some 3D games here.

[This message has been edited by nottud (edited 07-29-2009 @ 01:42 PM).]

posted 29 July 2009 01:52 PM EDT (US)     20 / 143  
    Indeed, happy birthday to da kid.
    posted 29 July 2009 02:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 143  
    what kind of god powers would there be?maybe you could call down a turbolaser blast?or or ion cannon shot maybe?

Current Projects:None!
    Finished Work:Forest of Traitors
    posted 29 July 2009 02:49 PM EDT (US)     22 / 143  
    My god, I remember when this was first started... I wasn't even part of the forum yet.
    posted 29 July 2009 05:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 143  
    Why are you so cranky?
    Im not. I just like to annoy people from time to time.
    If it was just mods with nothing playable in it, it would be a different story.
    Mods are playable, otherwise why would people download them?
    Not everybody checks the modding section but many modders do check SD. Proven by you being here.
    I actually happen to get to this section that day, because it was 3:00 AM and I click on the wrong place. I have been coming back to this thread because Im interested on this project, but don't really check the other threads on SD.

[This message has been edited by Leto II (edited 07-29-2009 @ 05:39 PM).]

posted 29 July 2009 05:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 143  
    wow, it sound great!
    have you other screenshots to show us waiting the 21st?
    do you have create terrains mods for airships battles?is that i can see on the previous screenshot?
    very good job guys!
    posted 29 July 2009 06:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 143  
    Why are you so cranky?
    Im not. I just like to annoy people from time to time.
    If it was just mods with nothing playable in it, it would be a different story.
    Mods are playable, otherwise why would people download them?
    I actually happen to get to this section that day, because it was 3:00 AM and I click on the wrong place. I have been coming back to this thread because Im interested on this project, but don't really check the other threads on SD.
    It's in this section because the mods basically exist to facilitate a campaign. The main purpose of the project is narrative--it's just full of mods to make it realistic/new/compelling. Some people will only be interested in the mods, but by that logic, some will only be interested in the campaign. Another thread in Mod Discussions might help, but if one of the two stays, I think this one is more fitting.

_/o___
    _(__\____
    AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
    __"\_____
    "This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
    "This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"

[This message has been edited by Silicone Ruff Jr (edited 07-29-2009 @ 06:27 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
    Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Age of Star Wars: Released
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames